Extruded Black Pearl guide

Just_Another

Reaction score
EDIT:
Was patched out and no longer works.

This augmentation can be gotten with only 1 NPC killed, and some 20mins spend.

Request the task from 'a Dreadspire servant' in PoK and zone in.
Handin the letter to the doorman.
Talk with the npcs around the table.
Talk with Melion Pell, Minor Functionary.
Pick up one piece of food from the table, and handin to Melion Pell, Minor Functionary.
He will hand back all the food, expect for one.
The NPC who's food he accepts, is the murder.
Now with that knowledge you can tell Melion Pell, Minor Functionary whom it is, like: /say it's the paladin!.
Now the specific NPC will attack you, kill it.
And hail Melion Pell, Minor Functionary for your paste.
Now hand in that paste to batling in 'real' DSK for your aug, ez pz.

edit: oh and hello, first post! :D

Thank you for sharing. 20 minutes for the aug.

Last edited:
Why? Is this considered an exploit? I can't see that. The quest allows the "bonus" step to be completed prior to completing the entire quest. You could easily fail the whole quest since it's a lot of work to get all the other drops. Not sure I see how that can be considered an exploit. Of course DBG can do whatever they want. Might indeed to be safer to do the whole quest but given how hard those mobs hit, how tightly packed and how easily they aggro that's a one-time run-thru to get the augment for your main toons. Probably not worth pharming for that much work altho it's a darn nice augment.

More likely they'll nerf this requiring having turned in all the quest items before the murderer becomes targetable for aggro.

Last edited:
Why? Is this considered an exploit? I can't see that. The quest allows the "bonus" step to be completed prior to completing the entire quest. You could easily fail the whole quest since it's a lot of work to get all the other drops. Not sure I see how that can be considered an exploit. Of course DBG can do whatever they want. Might indeed to be safer to do the whole quest but given how hard those mobs hit, how tightly packed and how easily they aggro that's a one-time run-thru to get the augment for your main toons. Probably not worth pharming for that much work altho it's a darn nice augment.

More likely they'll nerf this requiring having turned in all the quest items before the murderer becomes targetable for aggro.

Yah I made the stupid mistake of doing the original shimmering black pearl aug a few years back for about 40 toons, what a fucking waste of time, since the aug is PRESTIGE.

You only need to do this for toons you know you are going to sub ALL-ACCESS on, otherwise move on to better things - anniversay Stein, Horn, Zueria charm, should be top priority for almost any toon/alt. After that maybe Cleansing Rod.

Last edited:
You don't have to guess the room? It works if you just call the class?

yes u dont even have to do any other part of the script just find out what food he takes then say its the rogue

Unless it's not the rogue then don't say it's the rogue. ;)

The mob doesn't aggro until you engage it too so plenty of time to set up. If you wipe, you can recover and rebuff right there, assuming you had a rezzer survive or runs back. Yeah, you can say "ready" to the guest-giver to zone back in.

The food stays with you so I bet you could use food already in your bags from a previous try, thereby not having to pick anything off the table, if you really want to maximize efficiency.

Oh there are so many ways they could nerf this lol...

Last edited:
Be careful where you setup. If you are in the wrong spot the mob at the table will agro the mobs outside the door. As soon as you say "it's the whichever mob" it will come for you. I setup as far as I could away from the door past the doorman.

My tank dropped 50% health in 1 round. I'd hate to clear mobs to do this. Lazy fucking developers all they did is turn the knob when tuning content.

Hmm... I had different experience. The only time I aggro'd thru the door when I got too close to the butler guy to turn in my invitation.

The shaman was my murderer and he didn't aggro when I said his name to the other quest dude. I was able to set up right behind him and he didn't fight until we attacked. He was indifferent to all of us.

Strange.

The mobs in the zone do hit hard and aggro from quite a range. Clearing this zone to get all the drops must be quite a challenge without current xpac raid gear. I'm going to try it again but I have to reconsider my strategies. I may have to use aggro clearing techniques to ensure always getting singles and that may not be doable.

maybe it was because I had a level 106 with me but mobs were yellow except murderers and was not that hard at all to my sk in RoS gear. even the murdering rat pally was quite easy

Want to add that even with this, it was tough for me. I did it with 106 sk and 106 cleric plus mercs. The killer was red at 110. Got it done with no deaths tho. My paly/shaman duo had more difficulties but eventually won. All toons in group tbm gear. Would have had no chance at the aug otherwise.

Tent mission, do NOT loot Sila's Medallion and you can drop the task after you get the Rope/Tent pole, and reget.

Nerfed. After killing the murderer and hailing Melion Pell all you get is "Come back when you have all of the evidence."

Nerfed. After killing the murderer and hailing Melion Pell all you get is "Come back when you have all of the evidence."

Thank you, edited the main post to reflect this.
Hope you guys enjoyed it while it lasted!

THANKS FOR THE EXPLOIT !!!!!!, now this quest is back to NORMAL, you now have to do it the long way by completing the quest.

thank god i got all my toon this aug before WASTING MY TIME for hours upon hours doing this quest