EverQuest - Empires of Kunark - Pre Orders Now Available

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
BYYrLyO.jpg

Empires of Kunark pre-orders came up today. There is a $34.99 Standard version, $89.99 Collector's Edition, and a $139.99 Premium Edition. Each have there own perks which you can view here.

We have a release date of November 16, 2016.

- No level increase.
- New spells and AA's.
- 7 new zones
- 8 new raids

I'm not sure there is much else to report, it seems like more of the same cookie cutter expansion to be as cost efficient as possible. I feel it's pretty underwhelming without a level increase. Which version are you going to pre-order if you are going to pre-order at all?

I got the premium for my main and will likely just get standard for the rest. Been running around, looks like there will be lots of expansion wide raid quality ultra rares, @10k aa's for every class to stay busy on, group teir 2 gear is a very nice increase in power over TBM group (warrior BP is 524ac 4580iHP), 35% purity augs, weapons for group is a nice jump up as well compared to TBM, but kinda fogging what it was. Pretty sure with a set of EoK group gear and a thousand or 2k aa's into EoK, TBM/TDS will be trivial....but still con dark blue+.

Had to go for the collector's for port clicky! They know me to well:cool:

Anyone know answer to this? If you buy a PREMIUM expansion do you automatically get access to previous PREMIUM expansion features? Specifically I'm thinking of collection achievements which were originally only available if you had the premium expansions. It seems crazy that they'd expect you to upgrade an old expansion, at a cost of $50 or so, just to be able to make use of old collectibles.

Any ideas?

I got the premium for my main and will likely just get standard for the rest. Been running around, looks like there will be lots of expansion wide raid quality ultra rares, @10k aa's for every class to stay busy on, group teir 2 gear is a very nice increase in power over TBM group (warrior BP is 524ac 4580iHP), 35% purity augs, weapons for group is a nice jump up as well compared to TBM, but kinda fogging what it was. Pretty sure with a set of EoK group gear and a thousand or 2k aa's into EoK, TBM/TDS will be trivial....but still con dark blue+.

Is the group gear Prestige?

It's all prestige. Looks like for warrior in full set, you'll be @13800ac / 160khp unbuffed and max EoK AA. Although that's using the current power source. Also, Physical Enhancement which currently maxes at 2/2 making your avoidance 5% and increasing your AC softcap by 5% will go to 7/7 in EoK making your avoidance 10% and increasing your ac softcap by 15%

I'll buy Premium for one account and then slowly fill out my other eight or nine accounts with standard. Now if MQ2 ran on Beta, I'd be sorely tempted to go all in right away. Thankfully, it won't, lol.

Last edited:
I'll buy Premium for one account and then slowly fill out my other eight or nine accounts with standard. Now if MQ2 ran on Beta, I'd be sorely tempted to go all in right away. Thankfully, it won't, lol.

I'd suggest tossing some donations to eqmule for beta compiles.

Is the group gear Prestige?

Makes me wonder if it was a mistake on their part to make all of TBM non-prestige. TBM will still end up being the go-to expansion to gear a toon if you plan on going FTP.

Actually I only looked at tier 2 group gear and above earlier. Just looked at tier 1 group gear and those are non-prestige. Warrior BP is 493ac 4300hp with aug slots for type 5, 7 and 13.

Actually I only looked at tier 2 group gear and above earlier. Just looked at tier 1 group gear and those are non-prestige. Warrior BP is 493ac 4300hp with aug slots for type 5, 7 and 13.

Thanks man, that's good info (well, bad info for my wallet).