EQBCS Problem

Thanks JJ, I'll try running EQBC as a service. Previously I was running it from the mmoloader. Will post back the results in a few days after it's had some stress testing.

Thanks JJ, I'll try running EQBC as a service. Previously I was running it from the mmoloader. Will post back the results in a few days after it's had some stress testing.
All mmoloader does is launch it. And add any cmd line parameters with the launch, same as if you did it from cmd line.

However, you might still have better luck as service.

htw

EQBC Error

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

When I try to run eqbc on my 2nd PC this is the error i get and it will not launch.

Running it as a service or not will still result in failures. I have tried both ways over long periods of time. 1 month plus. I used to have an older version of EQBCS and it worked flawlessly. I upgraded last year and started to have similar issues. I did not keep a copy of the older version and am still kicking myself. Clients will drop their connection to the server. /bcc quit followed by a /bcc connect will result in the client showing a connected message but not really being connected.

The only resolution to this is to quit EQBCS, or stop the service, and restart MQ2 on the PC with the client that caused the failure. I have found it is always a single client that causes the problem. If you know which one you can shutdown EQ / MQ2 on the offending system, restart EQBCS and then restart the offending EQ seesion. This will work 100% of the time and get you back up and running.

I was never able to find a way to cause this to happen on demand. It just happens and then you have to jump thorugh hoops to fix it.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

When I try to run eqbc on my 2nd PC this is the error i get and it will not launch.
Install the visual studio dist package for your system. I posted one in november, it is still up to date for current release.

htw

Running it as a service or not will still result in failures. I have tried both ways over long periods of time. 1 month plus. I used to have an older version of EQBCS and it worked flawlessly. I upgraded last year and started to have similar issues. I did not keep a copy of the older version and am still kicking myself. Clients will drop their connection to the server. /bcc quit followed by a /bcc connect will result in the client showing a connected message but not really being connected.

The only resolution to this is to quit EQBCS, or stop the service, and restart MQ2 on the PC with the client that caused the failure. I have found it is always a single client that causes the problem. If you know which one you can shutdown EQ / MQ2 on the offending system, restart EQBCS and then restart the offending EQ seesion. This will work 100% of the time and get you back up and running.

I was never able to find a way to cause this to happen on demand. It just happens and then you have to jump thorugh hoops to fix it.

While I did not use ModBot like these guys. I did use mq2netheals mq2netbots and all the plugins that are required for ModBot. while using the latest server.

Have you tried running it on a different pc thats not running EQ?

EQ actually sends a decent amount of network traffic. You very well could just get dropped packets causing the errors that lock it up.

To get other remote users to be able to connect , is it just normal open up the ports and stuff?

I've got it set to my IP address, and all local boxes can connect that way. But I provide the same information to a friend, and it fails everytime to connect. :(

You need to forward that port and he needs to connect to your IP address not your pc address.

Sorry wasn't clear.

I opened up the ports on my router, 2112, for TCP and UDP, made sure it was forwarded to the correct internal IP address.

And I gave him my IP information, and it was failing. Not sure why, as it should work. I'm sure it's some kind of connection issue.

While I did not use ModBot like these guys. I did use mq2netheals mq2netbots and all the plugins that are required for ModBot. while using the latest server.

Have you tried running it on a different pc thats not running EQ?

EQ actually sends a decent amount of network traffic. You very well could just get dropped packets causing the errors that lock it up.

I've not tried running it on another computer yet. I have a secondary box here that I am setting up, but it still needs some more work, and It'll probably be running a linux distro after I've had time to research and find a good one. Not looking forward to running cat6 cable to this room though, I hate the insulation you have to swim in to run it. Also, I've been running BC as a service and it's not stopped responding on me yet, but only time will tell. Also, the other advantage of running EQBC as a service is that if it does crash, it can be started in game. You could even make a macro or hotkey to restart it. Also, I believe there is a plugin that allows you to adjust services, but I'd have to double check that one.

I've not tried running it on another computer yet. I have a secondary box here that I am setting up, but it still needs some more work, and It'll probably be running a linux distro after I've had time to research and find a good one. Not looking forward to running cat6 cable to this room though, I hate the insulation you have to swim in to run it. Also, I've been running BC as a service and it's not stopped responding on me yet, but only time will tell. Also, the other advantage of running EQBC as a service is that if it does crash, it can be started in game. You could even make a macro or hotkey to restart it. Also, I believe there is a plugin that allows you to adjust services, but I'd have to double check that one.

Good to hear about running it as a service and not crashed yet. I really think it has to do with resources, services should give EQBC priority over network traffic.. You still might have one guy who thinks he is connected but isnt and just issuing an bccmd reconnect fixes it.

Keep me posted on that.

Good to hear about running it as a service and not crashed yet. I really think it has to do with resources, services should give EQBC priority over network traffic.. You still might have one guy who thinks he is connected but isnt and just issuing an bccmd reconnect fixes it.

Keep me posted on that.

I got my linux box up and running with Fedora, and compiled EQBCS after some small changes to correct compiler issues with g++, and the BC server runs smooth as can be in daemon mode. However, once a particular person connects, it seems the server just stops responding entirely in about 10-15 minutes. Not sure what causes this, but it's the same person that caused it to crash running on my XP machine. Running as a service on XP helped, and made it much more stable, but still crashed when that person logged onto BC. I'm thinking it's a flaw with either the client or the server, but not sure which. Could be both.