eqbcs dumb questions

cadman

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to set up eqbcs. It makes almost zero sense to me. I have read the wiki, followed the instructions for setting up the windows thing, played with regedit and done what the wiki told me.

But it won't let me connect to a server. I tried the default 127.0.0.1, no connect. Tried my pc's ip address too. Any ideas?

No firewall installed either.

Last edited:
have you actually started the server running (right click mmobugs on the system tray, Options, EQBCS, Start now...

Woohoo! Thanks man, that worked. Now I gotta figure out what the heck it does...

When you open the server you can change its settings IP/Port to set IPs/Ports so you can set up portforwarding allowing outside connections to join your server or other pcs in your own LAN.

Besides doing that getting eqbc up and running is really easy.

I set it up okay, and it worked well enough for the boomerang thing, but every time I try to log in an account it crashed. So I uninstalled it again and it stopped the CTD thing. So in order for me to boomerang I have to start it up manually and make sure i reboot if I need to log out for any reason.

It's okay tho, I have exhausted the possibilities of boomerang now, so I can get on with other stuff.