EQBCS disconnects

flatlined785

Reaction score
Hey folks.
I know this has been discussed before, but I wonder what the current situation is, if there is a fix.

My eq sessions are dropping their connection to EQBCS. When they do, they don't auto-reconnect, and they don't know they are disconnected.
I manually reconnect them and they might stay connected for 10 mins, or hours, or more likely 5 mins.
I'm running Xeniaz server, in the hopes of fixing things, it helps a bit but not much.

As you can probably guess, I'm running netbots and really need to have it running so the mq2bot plugin works well.

Is there a fix at the moment? With the xpack I guess the info being processed will just get worse (more).

Failing that, is there any docu of the server protocols? Is it just IRC with tab-prefixed "system" messages? How far off IRC is it? What's the chance of a decent irc server codebase being adapted easily - I mean, if I had one that doesn't leak and is known to be stable?

I found an overflow bug in NetBots which basically got triggered when you send too much data in a single packet update. I posted the code changes to MQ2 site.

MacroQuest - Login

If that looks like what is happening to you then your EQBCS code needs to be fixed.

If its not that, then you get to start digging in.

I found an overflow bug in NetBots which basically got triggered when you send too much data in a single packet update. I posted the code changes to MQ2 site.

MacroQuest - Login

If that looks like what is happening to you then your EQBCS code needs to be fixed.

If its not that, then you get to start digging in.

We have your change dewey246 in our in our version of MQ2EQBC. I have one computer with a shitty USB network adapter which will last on EQBCS for about an hour then disconnect. Crappy thing is I have to /bccmd quit, then /bccmd connect 192.168.1.10 to reconnect every time.

MQ2EQBC should really check if it's timed out from server and auto-reconnect. This is using Classic version of server, not Xeniaz's.

Actually I think I found the issue with MQ2EQBC and not reconnecting. I'll try and get a new release out later today. I have a couple of things I need to finish to be included.

Is anyone still having this problem, or is it just me?
(EQBCS disconnects without telling client. Client doesn't reconnect. When manually reconnected, it drops out again quite quickly, silently).

Is anyone still having this problem, or is it just me?
(EQBCS disconnects without telling client. Client doesn't reconnect. When manually reconnected, it drops out again quite quickly, silently).

I haven't seen it happen since MQ2EQBC update a few days ago, but doesn't mean it's not fixed. I was having same problem before it, I just haven't had it happen again yet.

You running the EQBC server program on the same computer as the clients? It has to be a network lag problem, but MQ2EQBC should notice it's not connected anymore and reconnect. I'll do some more digging. I'm still using the Classic server, as Xeniaz's version creates lag on my network.

Same computer so no network issue.
I tried using both servers, same result - no change from a few days ago, usually all toons drop out almost immediately after reconnect. They never survive a zone change for sure.

Xeniaz's server seems to backlog the output, and so it will keep scrolling pages and pages of netbot update text, even once the client sessions are disconnected. It seemed to be working better prior to these problems though.

Same computer so no network issue.
I tried using both servers, same result - no change from a few days ago, usually all toons drop out almost immediately after reconnect. They never survive a zone change for sure.

Xeniaz's server seems to backlog the output, and so it will keep scrolling pages and pages of netbot update text, even once the client sessions are disconnected. It seemed to be working better prior to these problems though.

I talked to flatlined785 via pm, and we found the problem with EQBC disconnect issue. Fix will be in next update.

It is working well for me, all problems of disconnects gone, hours connected, zoning, etc, no issues. Good Times!

For those of you still having issues with MQ2EQBCS, consider using the version I made. It completely solves those issues.

It did not help with the problem I had. It made no difference and had lots of text lag due to showing expanded netbot messages. Since the expansion and the problems I repeatedly tried both classic and your server without success till now

I still have a disconnect issue when initially loggin on my crew.
I usually run 6 on one PC.

When first bringing up a character, they initially sign into the bc server and quickly disconnect.
Once they have been online for a while (5+ minutes), they are completely stable in the same zone.

I have a ghetto workaround by setting auto reconnect in the bc client every 30 secs.

I do NOT have netbots/netheal plugin loaded.

Any ideas?