EQBC Hanging

Reaction score
I invariably will get the message

"MQ2EQBC: did not recieve expected ping from server, pinging..."

After that, the toon shows connected but is unresponsive. That is, EQBC no longer receives any chat messages or commands. When another player uses /bccmd names, the nonresponsive toon shows connected.

I have autoreconnect on, but as the state is bConnected==TRUE this code appears to never be exercised.

Before I hack this up and force a reconnect at the message point, I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas.

its network lag. just issue a /bccmd reconnect

On reconnect

JJ,
Unfortunately, issueing a /bccmd reconnect is very hard when I am sleeping :D

As example, last night my toon was being used and this event happened. Since I was sleeping - there was no way to reconnect.

The goal is to stay connected so that "others" can control my toon.

you running a macro I assume? if not just make a macro that has that event running. and have it fire a bccmd reconnect.

marco

JJ,
Yes, I am working that now. I am trying to recognize the event and reconnect. One thing though, we have a code word said in tell to do just that but after the EQBC ping event, answering marco event seems to be hung (afcleric.mac) - but we'll see what happens.

Thanks

I also have this problem, and I haven't figured out a decent workaround. What I don't understand is to the best of my knowledge, EQBC is supposed to try to reconnect to the server, and it seems like it is in the process of doing that per the error message. The client never connects though, the only way to get it to reconnect is manually via /bccmd reconnect.

i also have had this problem.....

my only thought would to b to run mastermind as well and work them together so if eqbc hangs mastermind can reconnect you. haven't tried it or worked w/ it but its the only solution i can think of atm.

you can also make a global timer and have it re connect when ever your timer hits 0 so it issues /bccmd reconnect every hour

EQBC update - still hanging

I put the event
#event Reconnect "MQ2EQBC: did not recieve expected ping from server, pinging..."

with the following event subroutine

Sub Event_Reconnect(string line,string chatSender)
/bccmd reconnect
/delay 5s
/bc done
/return

As long as the macro is running this works. It's crude but it works.

But the real issue is, once EQBC sends this ping failure message, it never reconnects to the server. I beleive that is because the reconnect code is only activated when the 'server' disconnects. And teh server will disconnect after a while, but its too late, the client never responds after this message.

I may look at this over the weekend, I can run it in debug mode and see what happens. My initial thought is to force a reconnect when a ping fails, but I will want to play with it for awhile.

This appears to be a pretty basic socket connection so it should not take me too long to totally screw it up :D

problem is when it gets that message the status still shows a connection as active. So it doesnt recognize it as a failed connection

When this happens, what does the connection status report on the client(s): /echo ${EQBC.Connected}

htw

I do apologize because this is extremely old but I do not see that there was a solution to this and this is happening to me a lot was there ever a solution to this particular situation and if so what was it please and thank you and again I apologize for resurrecting such an Old Post

I do not see that there was a solution to this and this is happening to me a lot was there ever a solution ...

Most of the people I've seen having constant problems with this are folks who are trying to push their computer too far.

If you are running everything on the same computer and your CPU usage > 90% then you can expect to have the EQBCS server or the client failing to process everything.

The "fix" is to lower your CPU usage by either:
1 - Reduce the number of EQ clients on your machine: perhaps spreading the work out over multiple machines ...
2 - Move the EQBCS.EXE server to another machine on your network ( helps but clients running 90%+ still can get lost
3 - Optimize your EQ clients to use less CPU by aggressively limiting the amount of work they do by using MQ2FPS *OR* MQ2EqWire

MQ2Next is coming ... it has a much lighter footprint and built in frame limiter which may help solve your issues.

Thank you very much I posted a threat earlier inquiring whether or not MQ2CPU/MQ2FPS/MQ2EQWIRE.. coupled with isboxer fps and core balance have all used together would possibly hurt my performance or are these all great things to use simultaneously and maybe I am just using them wrong together