EQ Titanium

dulak

Vagoo!
Reaction score
As a recent development I will just put the direct links to the emu files I have here. If Fry wants them removed, I will remove them.

Titanium
SoF

Last edited:
Glad to see you sharing man. I have always wanted to test that limit, and offer downloads for all the dists I have (which is Titanium, SOF, SOD, UF, HOT). Would be funny to see if anyone screwed with me lol.

Thanks for sharing bro!

htw

I talked to Rogean over at P99 to see if I could offer them there but he said not right now.

HAH, well, no offense to any posters here - but I like Rogean, and understand his stance. Honestly, our stance here has always been, if you use it on P1999, YMMV - he knows how to catch them, and if he decides to do so, he's entirely in his right as the runner of such an EMU.

There are plenty of "MQ2 Friendly" EMU servers for those who wish.

Personally, I'd love a MMOBugs EMU that we release a MQ2 that doesn't kill it, but is great for it, and is classic in such a manner. IMO, there's really no need for additional servers for 'generic' EMU of whatever version, considering what's out there. That's what would make ours unique, we can do what we wish with it.

It's all a matter of ROI. If there were enough interest, we can go forward (Fry has a post about it in General).

htw

Not to spam this thread, but really, how far back would some of you guys go for a little fun, including 'some' MQ2 capability?

Pre-Kunark, i.e., goober everforst/ice, etc., new POF, or POH, or POA? SOL-B?

Kunark, such as all the dragon raids?

Velious, WW 'raids' - I mean, how many new people never even got to experience all the dragon raids in velious, getting ST keys, all that? Not just NTOV, I mean actual raids in zones like WW, EW, etc. POG?

Also, one of my favorites, even with me playing since original pre-kunark release... doing all the raids in POK for that release, all those zones, all those raids. Whether people want to bitch or not, all that progression really made for a kickass game, IMO.

htw

Not to be a downer, I think its great you are offering this, but most of the downloads are available on torrent sites.

Also, I noticed FOH Emu is hosting afew of the clients too : FoH Emu - Index page

Thanks Yoda - if dulak wants to give us a localized access to downloads though (directly from here) instead of like 'search for torroent' etc., would make users introduced easier IMO.

What do you think about what 'era' would be cool to invest the time with, as far as world design?

htw

Everyone is going to have their own idea of what era is going to be the best, we all didn't pick up the game at the same time, or stop at the same time.

Take me for example, I didn't actually start playing EQ until Luclin came through. My favorite era therefore is probably POP, closely followed by Luclin.

Not that I don't enjoy classic and kunark, I just didnt get to experience them straight out of the box.

However, in saying that, I think most people agree a server upto PoP expansion seems to be the best experience.

How complete are the databases etc available publicly these days? Is the P99 database public, what about PEQ's? I played on both servers, and while PEQ does have *some* quirks, it's pretty close to the truth.

Not sure on db stuff, worst case is we might need to build it based on data we gather.

I started with original EQ, and tend to think (through POP):

1) POP. Progression was interesting, not quick, took some foot work by individuals, groups, and raids, and didn't kill every other expansion behind it.
2) Kunark. That was just a shitton of fun, have to say.
3) Velious. Enough zones to keep the group going well enough, and some progression, factions, etc.
4) SOL. I didn't really get much out of this. The limited travel help via the portals was a nice addition, and of course, the bazaar. The zones had interest, as well as some raids. I just never got into the expansion all that much.

Of course, we could include any of: LOY, LDON, GOD, OOW, DON, DOD, POR, TSS, TBS, SOF, SOD, UF, HOT, VOA, ROF with the proper coding/setup/support.

Maybe progression through POP?

htw

I started in Classic but I honestly feel the best time for EQ was the Omens-Prophecy era. Those 4 expansions added so much content and several new systems into the game that I really do enjoy and spent years playing in. TSS to me started moving away from that and while I liked TBS, it was a very short expansion, and the start of the shorter expansions.

Alternatively I would say up to Gates of Discord. That keeps the cap at 65, though I do prefer 70. And it introduces LDON for instanced dungeons and Gates for really hard raid content. Gear is a little better than Time but not that much.

You make a good point - and I agree that OOW was pretty fun, and the 70 cap was a good balance. I was on 'eq break' for most of GOD (except later retro-raids), and pretty much all of TBS, so don't know much about them. Did a LOT of LDON, and man, with a fun group, those were actually some of the most fun I had had in years at the time.

I think the main thing is to research what we can actually start providing via way of emu server software and client compatibility, then with the server/framework in place, start building the content.

I'm not too fond of bots/mercs, would be open completely to boxing of course. We could even tailor some content to more the solo'er than group (as long as group didn't kill it - I'm sure there is a way).

For MQ2, custom release that has actives, but with limitations where we want them. For example, we can stop things like zone/warp at the server, but can modify it to tune to a zone db, including distances, or types. Really all in how we want to implement it all.

Good discussion! Keep the ideas and opinions coming! :)

htw

Twitch

This guy hacks regularly on P1999 and only gets banned when people are actually online, I haven't tried it but a few times a week he has MQ2 loaded and is doing whatever he wants. They may detect him eventually and punish but there are people using it, even sharing the compile in the 50+ bracket. If you get caught you get burned though, they will disown you fast.

Personally I'd like OOW as the stop. You have Beastlords + Zerkers + 2.0.

Last edited:
I still have iso files of Titanium and SoF available if anyone needs. Just PM me here and I'll send the link to you.

I was messing around with emus recently, a couple of months back.

The zone data tends to go through to more recent xpacks, but the zone data has not been verified, checking spawns, checking drops, checking mob data, past L70-ish. Generally you can level up and go "do stuff" in a zone, and probably it will have the right mobs, and they will mostly be functional / right, but any scripting stuff or quest stuff 70+ is not there.

The code stuff works mostly thru supporting most modern client versions, so things like large bag sizes etc, and most features.
The content itself, though, stops at POP, with pop fully implemented and then bits and pieces of the next xpacks partly implemented.
The reason for this is that the core code doesn't support proper instancing. EQ had various ways of triggering instances, and the emu core has no real working support for it at all, partly because of issues like how scaling LDONs should actually work.

What then happens is many servers have a small team of devs, developing the content, and they write hacks or ways around the problems, develop content, and keep it private. I heard of a few servers with specific ways of scaling LDON, you zone in and talk to an NPC for eg, to scale.
Raid content, and quest content after GOD/OOW, is not in place. Raid because of the scripts being done only by individuals and kept secret, and also because of instance issues.

On top of that, in the past the scripts were written in perl, but now they are written in lua. This means you need both installed, and stuff is a mishmash of which it's actually written in. Scripts cover quests, npc responses, and so on - basically all interactions with anything beyond the combat / vendor level.

Most of the character info is not stored in tables, but blobs. This means accessing or altering character info is a total pain. I think they recently started clearing up the trunk code to use proper DB code instead, but not sure how far along they actually have got.

All in all, the core emu is impressive but sadly stalled, and that stalling has fragmented the content community into here today gone tomorrow servers, which further stalls the core emu content development.

What is maybe of interest is the Unity based client some folks are working on, using the emu as a backend to test against and get functional ... they have zones you can move around, mob models displaying etc. The possibilities of an open source, working client, that could then be coded against ....

everquest titanium

does anyone know where I can get a copy of everquest titanium.i would donate or pay for the useage of your copy for install