EQ/MQ2 issues - crashing or other - Suggestions

I had a large mesh file for a large zone that I made that was super precise, it ended up being like a 180mb file. It caused all of my characters to crash on zone. Simply deleting the mesh or rebuilding the mesh to be much smaller fixed my issue.

The reason you're getting a snowball's throw of a guess is because you provided no information for us to help you. Based on your post I know only that you are a warrior and that you crash when you zone. I don't know if it is every time you zone and if it is into any zone or from/to a specific zone. I don't know what plugins you use which can be found using /plugin list, I don't know what you have attempted to try and correct the issue or if you've recently loaded a new plugin.

Some of the things you can try. Unload plugins 1 by 1 until you stop crashing. Try removing the last one you loaded using /plugin mq2pluginName and then try to zone. This is a slow and annoying process. Alternately you can remove all non-base plugins (typically they won't really unload if you unload it, or they will immediately turn themselves back on if you do initiate the unload command on them. You can unload plugins by doing
Code:
/plugin mq2pluginName unload

Are you running a macro when the crash occurs?

Try it with another character. Does it happen on all characters?

Try a different zone, if you crash when zoning to a zone and log back in stuck in the zone you were trying to leave try using origin, gate, or teleport spell of some sort to leave the zone.
It's in his crash reports he's sent - I just haven't got to it yet.

htw

Reactions: EQDAB
wasnt runing macro normaly looking at map looking at item or zoning dont have anything loaded different on war than i do on other 2 clr wiz

does sending crash reports give any info to what it could be?
You are crashing in your nvidia drivers, not EQ/MQ2. There are various possibilities, you could try a few things.

Clean/reinstall (latest) nvidia drivers.
While in game for a bit (but before crash), collect some system info and post it: Speccy - System Information - Free Download

If you are overclocking, try not. If you are multi-boxing, try not.

htw

can you help?

Thank you in advance any help.

I have had one of two game instances go unresponsive over and over in the last weeks.

I noticed that CCleaner shows multiple instances of MMO on startup list is this normal? This is the startup list.

No Task Adobe Acrobat Update Task Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
No Task Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_29_0_0_140_pepper.exe -check pepperplugin
No Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task StartCN Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cncmd.exe" startwithdelay
Yes Task StartDVR Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\dvrcmd.exe"
Yes Task {0B473CE0-AD7C-4DFF-B862-8DF79C5792C1} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {434E8943-5EB2-4937-8CC2-9EBF9DEAB6DB} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {669D116C-037B-4DDD-8210-B587B6592E09} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {6E92A034-7B8D-44AA-9EFD-7A3A3A910C2B} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {785714FF-2AB8-4735-8075-D8206BE76A11} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {82CFBC56-8794-48A1-AA1F-1EFE4720DAAF} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {96DC9A41-105A-44DA-B7EA-B5C82CE629B8} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {E4D8F2E0-F578-490F-872E-C1F8D30BF197} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe

• Wow
Thank you in advance any help.

I have had one of two game instances go unresponsive over and over in the last weeks.

I noticed that CCleaner shows multiple instances of MMO on startup list is this normal? This is the startup list.

No Task Adobe Acrobat Update Task Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
No Task Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_29_0_0_140_pepper.exe -check pepperplugin
No Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task StartCN Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cncmd.exe" startwithdelay
Yes Task StartDVR Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\dvrcmd.exe"
Yes Task {0B473CE0-AD7C-4DFF-B862-8DF79C5792C1} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {434E8943-5EB2-4937-8CC2-9EBF9DEAB6DB} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {669D116C-037B-4DDD-8210-B587B6592E09} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {6E92A034-7B8D-44AA-9EFD-7A3A3A910C2B} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {785714FF-2AB8-4735-8075-D8206BE76A11} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {82CFBC56-8794-48A1-AA1F-1EFE4720DAAF} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {96DC9A41-105A-44DA-B7EA-B5C82CE629B8} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Yes Task {E4D8F2E0-F578-490F-872E-C1F8D30BF197} HTW Software C:\MacroQuest2\MMOLoader.exe
Just changes in product ID when using installer. Only one runs. In fact, I have it check that when you run it. You can try it out... run it, and leave it running, then run it again.

Myself and another user had an issue with EQ windows launching completely unresponsive. I'd say maybe 1 in 6 eq windows would launch a EQ window but be completely unresponsive. It happened with and without MQ2.

I spent a good 6+ hours trying different ideas. In the end I think it was the video drivers, as I reinstalled windows, problem solved.

Yes, I just tried it and it goes unresponsive with only EQ running, can be right away or anytime into the session.
It started when I had a video driver update it seemed but I rolled it back and it still happens. Windows 7, I guess I will try and find someone to reinstall windows when I can if that worked.
Thanks

Since quite a while EQ has been kicked into oblivion out of no real reason. Now I have something which is verifiable all the time. I assume something with tooltip/item display plugin or such:

- clicking "Loaf of Bread" with second mouse instantly freezes the screen and kicks EQ without any error message - task has simply vanished

Tested with original EQ, original UI (I only change the stupid colorful spellicons but for safety check), have Innerspace running for Window Management.

- clicking on other tradeskill items makes no problems so far (tested not much, Fresh Fish works)

But also have some very strange kicks from time to time (2 systems, Win10 Workstation and Win7 Ultimate). After loading sometimes tasks vanish in the background while simply standing around in GuildHall. Thought about the guild hall bug but it wasn't. Removed all plugins (only core from original emule left) and I have the same. Loading EQ without Innerspace/MQ2 this has not happened so far.

Something is very borked with MQ2 and/or Innerspace. While the "Loaf Bread" incindent is only happening with MQ2 and this does not happen with Innerspace active (I tried Innerspace check: no kick, I added MQ2 and tested Load Bread again -> instant kick).

Reach utilities not working?
will allow to /itemtarget but not /grab
-getting. /Invalid command

I've tried the above steps and continue to crash its something with the mmoloader. If I do not bring it up mq2 works fine is there any fix for that? Also have turned in multiple crash reports

• Sad
Found a guaranteed crash, but haven't tested without MQ2 loaded (don't care to play without MQ2, so why bother)...

I had the regular bank open (small bank in pok if it matters), and was using /autoinven to grab a few items. I didn't realize the inventory was completely full and it crashed hard, when I tried to add +1 too many to the full inventory.

Report submitted, but thought others would like to be aware.

• Wow
I think Dev team fix issues, not had a crash in 7 days

Strange things are afoot at the circle K. having crashes on mainly 1 of 5 toons.

I use isboxer to run all the chars I have my main char that seems to crash ALOT like yesterday was 10 or more crashes and reports sent. all chars use the same UI in the same config I copied from the main char. at first I thought it was UI so brought down new files. other toons don't seems to have issues well the rare occasional crash while zoning. after the stealth update and fix couldn't stay logged in for more than 2 minutes on the main toon for more than 2 or 3 minutes. after second patch its pretty much back to the same as before. just wondering what all char related files I can delete INI etc to try and get rid of the corrupted file.

• Wow