EQ keyboard...busted?

Darcbain

Reaction score
OK so I can't figure this one out.

In EQ, for whatever reason, I cannot type the symbols ' or " or + or =, and possibly a few others. Most people wouldn't care about missing apostraphes with all the typos and players who simply cant spell/read anyway. I have contacted GMs, they told me everything from reload EQ entirely, to delete the keyboard file and run the patcher to (my favorite) can't you just do without the apostraphes when in game? In any case, I HAVE to have another MQ2er use mastermind on my SK because I can't type the equal sign in /melee taunt = 0. It's hard to raid when yer NOT the tank and you are still taunting the mob.Has anyone come across this kind of issue before? I'm running Windows XP media center edition. (BTW if you can't tell, all the symbol keys work JUST FINE in every other application except EQ)

SO I am looking for 1 of 2 things.

1) A way to fix my keyboard in EQ so I can use ALL my keys or

2) A way around the melee taunt = 0 etc. commands so I don't have to disable ALL of the melee plugin when grouping with non friendlys or raiding.

I never thought something so simple as an equal sign could make so much difference. =====

DB

hmm i have no real idea atm whats causing this error.
but to set taunt=off you can setup a hotkey in your char ini to toggle it,till you can get your problem fixed.

Ah... This one I maybe able to answer.... On mine, it has to do, for some reason, with Windows Media Center. I read about this somewhere and tried it and it worked. I simply unpluged the USB cable that had the Media Center RF controller and I was then able to use the " and ".

Skuz

Code:
/melee taunt off
/melee on
Or save, update, and then reload your melee INI. Or, unload mq2melee for a raid... :p The options are endless...

Unplug your webcam; if you have more than one, the one that uses a remote.

Never use it, it sucks. Enjoy your symbol keys once more!

vista screwing u up its been a few months but the fix is on sony boards

search vista problems w symbols keyboard etc

vista screwing u up its been a few months but the fix is on sony boards

search vista problems w symbols keyboard etc

Pretty sure he said he was Using XP

Wireless keyboard driver

OK so I can't figure this one out.

In EQ, for whatever reason, I cannot type the symbols ' or " or + or =, and possibly a few others. Most people wouldn't care about missing apostraphes with all the typos and players who simply cant spell/read anyway. I have contacted GMs, they told me everything from reload EQ entirely, to delete the keyboard file and run the patcher to (my favorite) can't you just do without the apostraphes when in game? In any case, I HAVE to have another MQ2er use mastermind on my SK because I can't type the equal sign in /melee taunt = 0. It's hard to raid when yer NOT the tank and you are still taunting the mob.Has anyone come across this kind of issue before? I'm running Windows XP media center edition. (BTW if you can't tell, all the symbol keys work JUST FINE in every other application except EQ)

SO I am looking for 1 of 2 things.

1) A way to fix my keyboard in EQ so I can use ALL my keys or

2) A way around the melee taunt = 0 etc. commands so I don't have to disable ALL of the melee plugin when grouping with non friendlys or raiding.

I never thought something so simple as an equal sign could make so much difference. =====

DB

Had this happen on my new laptop, running Vista. After poking around for help, found a hint to check the wireless keyboard driver. Sure enough, there are three additional keyboard drivers being activated when I boot. Uninstalling these three drivers gave me back my full keyboard.

Need to do this before firing up EQ....and I need to do this every time I boot my system. Those pesky drivers are not "uninstalled", just removed from memory.

The SOE boards have a couple posts that blame Windows Media Center remotes. I know the problem can also occur on laptops with built-in IR receivers. Disabling or Uninstalling an IR devices on your system may restore function to the screwy keys.

thanks to yall...figured it out. :)

YES!

It wasnt the remote for media center...it was the DRIVERS for other microsoft keyboards. I uninstalled the drivers, reloaded EQ...and =+ ' " all work! Thanks guys!

DB