EQ Issue, Start lagging after killing many mobs.

DemonH2

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am having an issue where I will have a delay when I engage a mob. The game entirely freezes for a second.

This only happens after i've killed a ton of mobs, the more mobs I've killed the more it lags. If I reboot EQ, it fixes it.

This is more than likely an EQ issue and not a MQ one, but I thought one of you guys might know how to fix it.

You made sure logging is turned off? And your jounal?

Have you tried /hidecorpse? Probably a dumb question but sometimes it's forgotten.

Yeah its not a corpse issue, I can kill a ton in one zone, start lagging, and that will carry over into any zone until i reboot EQ.

Multi boxing?

What macros are in use/plugins?

Without more info its hard to trouble shoot "lag when i kill lots of mobs"

Video card overheating?

Restarting EQ wont address an overheated video card. PC reboot maybe help overheating Video card.

My initial thought is a macro/plugin

It will do it while using any of the killing macros I use. Its not the macro.

I've tried unloading MQ2Melee, all my parsers, docracks, basically anything that I thought could remotely cause this. I really doubt its a MQ issue, but next time I get it I will completely unload MQ to make sure.

I am 2 boxing, however it did it before I started 2 boxing.

Last edited:
Are you macs running for hours and building an alert or ignore list?

No sir.

One of my macs does add an alert often, but the others don't

Plus I cleared the list on the one that does and it didn't help.

Also! I meant to add. If I start having that delay, I am like 1000x more likely to crash while zoning. I'm thinking its a memory issue but no clue how to fix it. I have tried every memory mode in EQ.

Remove a stick of ram and try it. It could possibly be faulty ram. Kwep removing/adding until you either run out or find the culprit.