EQ-Client kicks without warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayman

Reaction score
Clicking with right mouse to get the information from an item kicked EQ into Nirvana with not a single error message.

Some items seem to be problematic and if so there is a proper error handling obviously missing.

I am not sure which plugin is responsible for that but I assume it could be MQ2Itemdisplay.

In this case it was "Folded Silkfang Pack". I can verify that regularly if I have an item where this is happening. It would make sense to display the window with an error message that no information is present or something.

Can you post your loaded plugins.

A plugin that is rarely used is normally the likely cause to this. It could be an outdated UI too.

Hmm

I thought I might be losing my mind but I think I'm also experiencing this. Unfortunately I haven't been directly in front of my computer the times it has just closed out the EQ window with no errors generated.

Just come back to my main toon's window gone and my other five sitting idle.

My list is:
chatwnd
dannet
melee
moveutils
cast
targetinfo
stealth
rez
reachit
portalsetter
otd
nomountmodels
nav
warp
fastmem
map
itemdisplay
hud
gmcheck
fps
filterset
feedme
famkiller
exchange
eqwire
eqbugfix
custombinds
cpuload
chatfilter
chat
bardswap
bandolier
autologin
autogroup
autoaccepttrades
advpacks
advloot
mmobus
ic

Will keep troubleshooting as I can...sorry I don't have more information.

I get crashes when I doing plugin development that just outright closes the EQ window. We used to get a crash notification without fail, but it seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird. Now the only way I've been able to track down the cause of a crash is to attach a debugger. Sometimes even that doesn't show me the issue. Hope you find the issue.

its not targetinfo cause i dont use this and i get the same thing seassion closes and no crash info

my crashes

I'm getting these crashes too but only on one of my computers.

Both are using Windows 10.

I believe same plugins loaded but haven't had time to check specifically.

I can’t load in with mq2 running after patching today so you are all ahead of me.

Crash

We are getting crashes on both windows 10 4 accounts when using the find item button, session just closes with no warning.

I will just not use it for now just wanted to let someone know in case it is helpful.

I had Innercircle/ISBoxer under suspicion first because that software makes so much trouble with Macroquest sometimes. On the Win7-system it crashes regularly at bootup/login the system. Once all toons are up there is no big problem anymore. It seems it collides with some tasks in the background and after they have been shot down (I assume, some copy/licensing servers issues with Adobe, VMware or others). This happens also when MQ2 is not active so ISB is definitive one cause for bootup problems.

But this is new.

1. Bootup without Innerspace/ISB (launchpad with patcher, but with MQ2)
-> instant kick after a very specific combo (searching for a name and clicking the search result via Find Item)

All further tries completely without Innerspace/ISB:

2. Renewed completely all UI-Files
-> no change, instant kick
3. Deleted name_server.ini + UI_name_server.ini
4. deactivated MQ2Itemdisplay
5. deleted MQ2-dlls, complete new update
6. removed nearly everything from MMOBugs plugins
- plugins left:
- MQ2MMOBugs
- MQ2ic
7. installed Redguides distribution
-> removed all plugins because of the nerving MQ2Heals error
-> WORKS!
8. Pure EQ loaded -> WORKS! (obviously)

So definitive: the MMOBugs distribution has a bug either in
- MMOBugs
- MQ2ic

For me mostly it came while clicking something from the UI in Tradeskill mode (Win10Workstation). But I had this also under Win7 while login/logout into another toon. So it does not seem to have to do with a specific action but this time I could verify it with ALWAYS THE SAME action.

a) ctrl+b -> open all bags
b) i -> inventory
c) find item (mouse click)
d) type "pattern" -> searching for pattern
e) simply click with mouse into the window with the search results at a text
-> bam, complete kick without notification or error message

Tested the account on a Notebook with Win7 to avoid errors due to the computer system -> the same result -> ergo -> definitive MQ2

Second ones:
a) open bags
b) right mouse on item "folded Silkfang bag"
-> bam, complete kick without ... yada yada
This was on another system with Win10Pro (Insider).

I have 4 systems to test, so this is the result at moment.
I have on all 4 this effect (Win10WS, Win10Pro, Win7Ultimate, Win7Pro) in different ways and reproducable at moment.

.... I cannot see the bootscreen anymore.. believe me...

btw. if anybody has another solution than ISBoxer - I would change instantly. This piece is crashing my system regularly... oh man... drives me nuts.. too many accounts and this stuff is unreliable as nothing - need 3-4 boot hangs to kick after one crash to get an account going - started around TBL start and getting worse...

Everquest Crashing

I have been able to replicate this error over and over but if I go into the inventory Screen and click on FIND and search for anything and if I click RESET or click FIND a second time the EQClient crashes.

I have reset my UI to default and that doesn't make a difference.

I have also noticed that if I am trying to teach another language to a second character either the teacher or student client or both will crash.
This only happens when MMOloader is active.

UPDATE: Since the January 19, 2019 patch the client is no longer crashing on the Inventory screen.

UPDATE: I have retested teaching languages and it is still having the crashing problem.

First update (must be 18th):

ok, so far it is much better but still not stable.
I had now a session with over 6 hours, some relogging and then one crash again.

Second update since then (19th):

Loading of a set of 9 toons kicked 2 again while loading. Didn't happen at the 18th update.

In both cases (18th/19th) the kick into nirvana didn't happen at the combination with the "find item". Did exactly the same this time with having Tailoring TSWnd open and worked.

But now I have the random kicks while booting. Hopefully the sporadic kicks are not there again while playing. Something in the 18th was really good which seems to have changed in the 19th.

Perhaps the configuration looks different too - systems were newly booted now on the next day. Will test stability the next hours.

I have been able to replicate this error over and over but if I go into the inventory Screen and click on FIND and search for anything and if I click RESET or click FIND a second time the EQClient crashes.

I have reset my UI to default and that doesn't make a difference.

I have also noticed that if I am trying to teach another language to a second character either the teacher or student client or both will crash.
This only happens when MMOloader is active.

UPDATE: Since the January 19, 2019 patch the client is no longer crashing on the Inventory screen.

UPDATE: I have retested teaching languages and it is still having the crashing problem.
It sounds like you have docrack Languages active. Try without it.

htw

ok.. instable...

the 18th version was 6h stable.
the 19th version is bad. Got now twice a kick in the most inconvinient moment... longest of these Sh.... trials, sucks..

Perhaps only an accident but second system got kicked twice without a message.

I don't use DoCrack.

This feels like the bad experience I am used to before.
A longer trial is not possible :(

Sorry.. the second mission completely gone into oblivion - wipe - after 1 hour playtime - time wasted.

This MMOBugs release in this state is absolute useless now...

Is it possible to get the last version? It even was stable on Win7 and Win10. I stupidly updated it without a clean safety backup :(

addon:

your post was faster
does that mean that if I update NOW, I get the version before?

Sorry.. the second mission completely gone into oblivion - wipe - after 1 hour playtime - time wasted.

This MMOBugs release in this state is absolute useless now...

Is it possible to get the last version? It even was stable on Win7 and Win10. I stupidly updated it without a clean safety backup :(

addon:

your post was faster
does that mean that if I update NOW, I get the version before?

Yes, Update now and let me know how it goes

Loading:

Win10Workstaton - 12 accounts - no problem
Win7Ultimate - 9 accounts - 1 crash (could be the usual unreliable ISB/Innerspace)

UI/Find Item/Kick without notice-bug:
Win10Workstation - no problem
Win7Ultimate - no problem

Playing/Zoning:
Win10Workstation - 1 crash after about 30min
Win7Ultimate - 1 crash after about 30min (the same timing)

18th release: 6hours without a crash
19th pure catastrophy
20th stable find item, but crashes...

I call it a night... missions are not possible to play at moment. They suck anyways - how can DGB design a crap which is unplayable after one goes LD...

Status
Not open for further replies.