EQ-Client kicks without warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, got it.
I need a bit time for that, will give feedback.

First feedback:

- login in all accounts is smooth (except that the usual problems with autologin are present but I deactivated that)
- no single crash while getting around 21 accounts online
- xxx_yyy bug is not there, he connects properly with the proper name

I started all accounts at once. Normally this results in around 1-3 crashes min.

Tonight I have not much time. Tomorrow I have a serious issue but perhaps I can try a mission round to test stability and the occasional kick into nirvana under heavy load.

From Thursday to Friday I can do extensive testing.

3-4 hours gameplay, 31 accounts, testing/result with 27th release:

- login: no single crash (I am used to 1-3 crashes at login)
- zoning/fellowship: no single crash (I am used to sporadic crashes)
- logout: no single crash (I am used to excessive crashes esp. at logout)
- gameplay with heavy communication over EQBC: no single crash
- kicks and vanishing eq clients: not one single case
- autologin xxx_yyy name completion is (like said before) also ok (28th+ not)

That proves again that the 27th release is in the parts I use rockstable compared to 25th/26th and 28th+, like I said before. That does not mean there are no bugs, I have some to talk about but they are not game play disturbing or make the game not playable.

Tomorrow evening, I will have an extreme session over real big time frame with many missions (lockout timer reset). I will then activate mq2dpsadv, mq2advpath and mq2events too. I will see how that works then - but the 27th like I said before is completely different to any of the other releases.

I'll take a look. The crashes are probably being skipped/hidden for you in that release, so for your instance, you may just want to stick with that for now and not worry about any underlying code issues.

Using the current release, I can't even duplicate any of your issues, so can't really help with it from that aspect.

htw

I have also another assumption but I need to test that. EQBC has a bug which is not obvious to "normal" boxers with a max of 3-6 toons. It will only sporadically kick or make faults. But under heavy load EQBC has problem with proper package transmission and intermingles things.

For example if you load instantly a bunch of characters then the system adds a "LOGIN_" in front of the name. I tested different versions. The old 1.2.4 is terrible in that. The Xeniaz-Version is pure catastrophy. It sends even more data while this bug is still present. That makes this error the more critical. EQmules 1.3-Version is the most stable version but activation of around 10+ accounts will skip 1-2 accounts from time to time and changes the name. If transmission of important data under heavy load is present, I can imagine that something goes haywire. But that is so far only an assumption. Fact is that EQBC, regardsless which version, has a problem with transmission of packages under heavy load.

Sick of seeing this post bumped each day and it has nothing to do with mq2targetinfo, please rename the initial post.

The Folded Silkfang Pack crash is a known eq bug, dbg has devs looking into that one it has nothing to do with mq2 and not something I’m going to fix see : Live Update Bugs 01/16/2019 | Page 4 | EverQuest Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.