End to Fear

Metsman4u

Reaction score
any notes? trying it out seems bit different then group version lol

Kite all adds killing them power up tentacle apart from that its much the same . Plus only so many spawn so once all kited no more pop

Last edited:
OK so on the raid only so many adds spawn cause I have done this or attempted and have seen my whole ext tgt window full......so how many is no more ?

You kite them the whole event or kill them off once the mob eats all the crystals?

Kite thro whole event can even kite tentacle after its consumed crystals while you get xaric to 1%

DISCLAIMER - I am not well versed in this raid, this is just a basic walkthrough. I still dont know all the mechanics or ATs.. so take this with a grain of salt and I hope it helps.

An End to Fear

This raid is just a beefed up version of the 2nd mission in HoF.

Phase 1:

Idealistic Group Assignments:
1: Xaric tank group
2: a tentacle aberration -"Terror" tank group
3: Kite/backup tank group
4-6: Crystal Melee DPS/Protectors
7-9: Crystal Caster DPS / Xaric Caster DPS

Trigger the raid, and have your groups spread out around the crystals ready for the adds.

ALL crystals are to be killed to trigger the auras ASAP.

Bugs spawn, Snag 1 and mark it NOT to be killed, this mob is to be brought to the first aura (Any is fine) to be powered up.... All other adds are to be killed until all crystals are down.

Once all crystals are down finish off the remaining adds, and no more adds will spawn except "a protogen fear" (little blue golem). They must be KITED, and they will rush active auras.. so kiters must be VERY quick to aggro them out before they power up. If any power up, they must be killed.

When the golems are locked on kite and no more adds are up, DPS should begin on Xaric. Get him to 1%.

While all this is going on, Terror group should be moving the powered up add around to each active aura and powering it up even further. After all auras are deactivated and Xaric is at 1%, DPS should switch to the Terror and kill it to spawn next phase.

While the script is summoning Cazic to advanced to next phase, peel off the golems from the kiter(s) and kill them.

Phase 2:

Cazic the Inchoate and Xaric

Terror tank group now becomes Cazic Tank group.

Kite group are required to pick up the new adds, a frightfinger, a terrorspinner, and a glarelord. They will respawn if you kill them, so you must kite them for the duration of Phase 2.

Full burn Cazic till you get emote shown below

Cazic has like 30 or so different spells he casts, and I havent dug through Lucy/Allah to figured out what each does.. My main suggestion is, if you see a stationary crystal that's not normally there.. MOVE AWAY!

Cazic the Inchoate

--- Boil Blood II -
--- Cazic Touch -
--- Creeping Dread -
--- Creeping Dread II -
--- Death Touch -
--- Desperate Freeze II -
--- Desperate Inferno II -
--- Desperate Lightning II -
--- Devouring Anxiety -
--- Devouring Anxiety II -
--- Fright Force -
--- Fright Force II -
--- Frost Breath II -
--- Frozen Dread -
--- Frozen Dread II -
--- Magi Curse II -
--- Miasma of Anguish -
--- Miasma of Anguish II -
--- Oppression of Misery -
--- Oppression of Misery II -
--- Phantasmal Transformation -
--- Runes of Protection II -
--- Scarab Storm II -
--- Seeping Chill II -
--- Specter Lifetap II -
--- Strength of Madness -
--- Strength of Madness II -
--- Terrifying Sluggishness -
--- Terrifying Sluggishness II -
--- Tigir's Insects II -

There are also some Pillars/Crystals that will attack you, some had good luck with simple auto attack on them and they poof. I had no such luck and had to just fade..

Only AT i really noticed was-
You have been marked for punishment
This seemed to be put a debuff on people that increased dmg from Dots and DDs by 60%. Nasty, not sure if cureable.

Xaric has become vulnerable to death through Cazic's touch!
Once Xaric is at 1%, and Cazic is at ~10% (We actually had it unlock at 70% one time..), Cazic will emote a DT (ABOVE) and Xaric will become killable. Finish off Xaric to win. Adds will despawn and a chest will spawn.

Quick note on this are the adds timed on this event? so much goes on guess I couldpay closer attention but havent as yet

ok any word on Xaric popping DT crystals if you take him to 1% as being stated here?

Adds are timed and what type depends on how many crystals are destroyed. But if you quickly burn down all the crystals the adds stop. leaving only the 8 protogens to kite.

Once Xaric passes below a certain % health (heard 35% might actually be 10%) he will occasionally (purely random) summon GIANT yellow crystals onto the raid. You have about 10 seconds to get away from them. When they shatter anyone near them will die. Its not a death touch but pretty damn close.

So really want the powered up mob at about 10% health when Xaric gets low so you can get him to 1% inactivate him fast.

Then he will still do the crysals while cazic is up. Lower cazics health the more likely he will do the emote that lets you kill Xaric. Have seen it happen at 80% and have seen it not happen till cazic is at 10% so random factor on how hard it is to win.

seem to be having perhaps a healing/ keeping people alive issue when both are up. Do you guys move the two of them at all when crystals happen, or just hope the healing is strong enuff to keep tank up when crystal drops and people are smart enough to move when they do fall.

For the giant yellow crystals all have to move. Cant heal through that. For the other crystals that pop on people and follow them or root them we just heal through those.

ok so that we are on same page, tank takes Xaric and moves him or with him?

Still not sure on the mechanic for where the crystals pop. I think they are targeted at people. But its pretty easy for the tank to move Xaric away from them a bit if he is near them. If the tank keeps Xaric facing away from the majority of the raid he is probably out of range of the crystals unless one happens to pop on him.

Just want to keep Xaric and Cazic relatively close together (does not have to be on top of each other just nearby). So move crystals break. Move back if needed.