Enabling Active Plugins (Warp, Zone, Speed, etc.)

Ya seems to be something on my windows stopping me just can't figure out what :( tried re booting and changing my admin options and still no luck. It is trying to change it to a text file when I save it instead of leaving it an INI and I can't figure out why. Also trying says In0 and In1 IN2 ect instead of INI not totally sure why, looks normal on my win 7 PC but apparently win 8 doesnt like it or something hehe

Got it working by editing them on my Win 7 PC and sending them to my Win 8 pc, seems to work ok now :) still can't figure out whats wrong that wont let me save but at least I figured a way around it lol. Thanks for the help

in0, in1 etc are backups. it reads from the macroquest.ini. if you are finding it is read only, just right click the properties and change it to not read only, save your stuff, tada. The Aristocrats!

I am running Windows 8 without Admin account and it worked fine to make changes. This is a FRESH install less then 3 weeks old.

Make sure you select save as type : All Files vs Text Documents (*.txt)

attachment.php

Is there a plan or a way to get these things fixed and working again. I read they have been down for months now. It seems that all the cool stuff of MMOBUG is gone. I have been gone for a couple years and return to only passive stuff working really now. I seemed to me when this kind of stuff used to happen the past the work around or fix was ready in couple weeks.

Yes I am one of the ppl that got ban for the NO DELAY that was the good day but to warp and no piggy seems like this may not be worth paying for soon any more if it is not worked on to keep it safe as can be and fix done any more

Leeman,

Warp and piggy work, but you need to explicitly activate them. The reason they are discouraged is that SOE/DBG made some server-side changes that allow them to track and log movement more closely. For a while they were doing monthly ban waves on the tracked active hacks, and I would bet that when the new progression server comes out we'll see a new round of bans.

The right people have looked at the active stuff, and there is no way around it; use at your own peril.

If the compiling and active maintenance of the grey-area plugins isn't worth it for you, stop paying and roll your own compiles off of the source on MQ2.com.

Unless I hear something different from the boss, this is like, at the BOTTOM of my todo list - extreme low priority. Very few users use this, compared to the various other things I am working on. That doesn't mean another dev couldn't take up the flag.

Movement packet seems to be off, at least as far as I hear, although I haven't tested - which will affect warp and related. There should be no reason why MQ2PiggyZone won't work, unless you don't have a zone connection path - and well, somebody can damn well make one if they want it. ;)

htw

Piggyzone doesn't work on locked zones fyi. I tested this back in January or so. After talking with Htw, he pointed out they have changed how the check is made for acharacter entering a locked zones, i.e. for example if you don't own an expansion or PoP progression etc.

So only thing piggyzone is good for is getting around faster, and are you willing to risk your accounts for being lazy getting around instead of making a porter class.

I might be able to pick up the gzone fixes, I'd have to move it up the list - might do it...

htw

I am bumping this thread from 2012.

Due to the crack down by Daybreak on active hacks today, we have re-enabled these security measures from 2012 to protect people from using active hacks. You will need to do the edit to MacroQuest.ini in the first post of this thread and go through some warnings ingame if you decide to continue to use hacks. This will stop the majority using it, and those that decide to continue using have been warned.

We knew Daybreak had a method to catch active hacks, and they could decide to ban for them at anytime since 2012, but they had not done so until today. We really had a good run, and I want to applaud MMOBugs users for not abusing them, and allowing it to last this long. Daybreak had to step in and go after active hacks due to someone blatantly advertising them on TLP servers and boasting about how safe they were.

It's sad to have to do this, but it's whats best for the community.

If you want to read or discuss the crack down, please use Cheating warning! thread.

Sorry guys.

I keep EQ and MQ2 unprotected by default.

Ya have tried it both ways, was logged out and tried to edit it and said I can't edit that file and then also tried logged in from options screen on mmoloader to edit Ini and got the same msg that the file is set to read only and I can't save changes ect :-/
Just exit Loader/MQ2, fire up file explorer, right-click the file, select properties, on little box that opens remove the read only box, close the it should now edit as expected.

I've set Enable to 1 in the .ini, but still can't use warp. Is there anything else that still needs to be done to enable actives?

they wont tell you that you got banned for warping. However i have a high suspicion that i got my main account banned 6 mo ago for warp and stealth only active hacks i used

Well, let's just say I've used Warp, Gate and a couple of other actives in empty zones with absolutely no issues with bans after the fact. And more than once.
I think the issue is with people in the same zones, see you vanish or end up in their camp and then disappearing which ends up with someone /petitioning etc..

As the slogan says, cheat smarter. Be very mindful of using anything that's considered a no-no by the company.

Again, this has been my experience up till now.
Cheers.
:/ hope I haven't jinxed myself.

Well, let's just say I've used Warp, Gate and a couple of other actives in empty zones with absolutely no issues with bans after the fact. And more than once.
I think the issue is with people in the same zones, see you vanish or end up in their camp and then disappearing which ends up with someone /petitioning etc..

As the slogan says, cheat smarter. Be very mindful of using anything that's considered a no-no by the company.

Again, this has been my experience up till now.
Cheers.
:/ hope I haven't jinxed myself.

I agree to this, i feel like active hacks throw flags as well some more then others. And once you are doing it in an active zone that adds in so much risk. I wont even set a character up on a macro in a populated zone anymore. Ever since Devs macros stopped working i havent been able to find anything that runs a character like a person. You can easily tell the people using mq2bot or kissassist its very easy to see

..deleted.. missconfig from my side

For the ban thing:
I tested different things. It seems they only can detect impossible things. Warping around and zoning in a time which is normally not possible will ban you. Zoning instantly will ban you. But as long as it is possible with normal spells and playing tools (CoH, Fellowship o.ä.) then this was no issue so far. If people don't use it stupidly then I would be surprised if really a ban would happen.