"/declare debug int out 0"-Loop and macro hangs

Fayman

Reaction score
Interesting.... searched for a bug which annoyed me on several macros and had a crash on !!!40+ clients over 3 PCs - heavy... here how it worked:

1. started the macro

2. got mq2 running in a loop: "undefined variable in MyBTLblxx" running xx through up 40 (I have mq2mybuttons running enhanced to 50, but only 40 are working - sadly.. I wished somebody would up this absolute genious plugin to more buttons!) -> second line is the error "/declare debug int outer 0" of the macro -> NO crash, only loop

3. removed MQ2mybuttons (because that label sounds like it) -> NO crash, only loop, no changes

4. changed "/declare debug" to "/declare xxxxdebug" -> NO crash, only loop

5. started to remove plugin after plugin (normally after a real long time this /debug-loop ends somehow) while this loop was running

6. was too much time wasted, so i remembered it was a gui to unload all plugins - I tried /gui out of lazyness to look up how the command was

7. instant crash on !!! ALL 40+ clients over 3 computers ->I have not all info but it seems Mq2eqbc has something to do with that. At the freezing screen there was something like "groupsay over eqbc (dont remember and dont like to repeat that)". It seems it interpreted /gui as /g ui and this somehow crashed all EQBC-instances including all EQ-instances.

8. started to check Mq2buttons XML/Ini -> no fault (btw.: I unloaded MQ2mybuttons and this error is still there - strangely)

I get this error with "/declare debug int out 0" on several macros - never cared, thought macro is bad. This time I started to search for the bug.

So there are three problems:

a) /declare debug int outer 0
b) plugin MQ2Mybuttons not working at 40+ and is somehow involved, even not being active as plugin
c) /gui crashes everything in EQBC

I can live with b) and c)
- b) accepting this plugin works only with 40 buttons
- c) not using /gui anymore even out of lazyness looking up commands

But it would be nice for an idea how the hell "/declare debug int outer 0" makes problems while even changing the var "debug" into something which is surely not twice on the system?

addon:
- tested on a test-account /gui with EQBC - no problem, only says something like "you say to your guild:" -> how can such a command crash everything?

Couple points out of order.

#1 - When you have a client hang it can/will hang the MQ2EQBC server. Kill the hung client before they all time and out things should go back to normal.

#2 - Debug /echo spam will get queue up. If you are in a tight loop like a plugin and running 60 fps then you will get 60 lines of text every second, so it can take 20-60s one you turn off the offending thing for the chat to clear up.

Your core issue with /declare debug int out 0 may be from your HUD. Check your MQ2HUD.INI and see if any of the lines use it.

If it is then you can change the line ( forget the exact syntax ) or create the variable as a global in your autoexec.cfg file so it can referenced at start up.

Thank you. This is logical.
Tried to find it over HUD or the configs but didn't found anything which comes close to the bug. Gave that part up. I will avoid these macros for the moment. This must be another bug. I assume that some global defined variables have a problem with each other.

There are some other issues which arose the last patches, now getting extremely annoying with the last patch:

First: The account now ALWAYS pop up first with "account not validated". I have to restart the whole bunch, sometimes only the first and/or second was "not validated", now I have one system where all accounts need to get kicked and rebooted again. This is highly annoying. Loading pure with patcher/update does not change this. And patcher is active via Innerspace btw. - with a couple of more accounts booting up this is really nasty. Any ideas or solutions available?

<s>Second - the old bug where account names in the form "xxx_yyy" are not auto-entered properly. I always have to edit the name manually and correct it. Autologin not possible. This has been changed over a year ago but sometime in the past the bug was present again.</s>
It seems the second part has been corrected in the last patch. Checking that back.