Cpu/fps/eqwire + isboxer fps limiter ?

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Does it cause the system confusion to be using all of these together
If so which ones are butting heads or what's the best way to use them all together if not
Cpu/fps/eqwire + isboxer fps limiter ?

I replied in your thread about netbots for some of this:

1 - Get rid of isboxers FPS limiter.

2 - Use *EITHER* MQ2FPS or MQ2EqWire - Not both

3 - While running EQ -> Options -> Display Tab -> Advanced : Drag both "Max Frames per Second" and "Max Background FPS" all the way to the right.

I am trying to figure out now how to get rid of the isboxer FPS limiter.
As far as in-game I had that totally botched everything is set to the very least to rain texture minimum memory mode least memory usage Max backgrounds frame per second is 0 Max frames per second is set to Unlimited
However I'm using both FPS and EQ wire I only today found out about CPU and I was going to include that in what I used and that's what got me to thinking this in the first place.
I only started using EQ wire 2 days ago when I read somewhere that EQ wire is for your GPU and FPS is for your CPU pretty much don't entirely understand any of this so I'm just going by what I read

Thank you

As far as is boxer but I have is background frames per second set at 10 and foreground set at 60 by default it is 30 for the background and 60 for the foreground and I use, which I have no idea what this means but it says it is recommended, I use round-robin balancing hyper-threading dedicated CPU one......
In order to cancel the FPS limiter for isboxer do I just set the background back to the default of 30 instead of 10 or is it more in-depth than that sorry for dumping all these questions but you seem to be knowledgeable in areas where I am not sand it does appear I could use more help than I thought

I run ISBoxer for CPU managment and Hotkeys/virtual files.

ISBoxer - No dedication on the CPU managment. 60/20 fore and back.
MQ2 I run MQ2EQWire. I don't use wireframes or anything like that I just use it to stop rendering.

I box anything between 36-54 toons on my PC without major issue. 54 gets a little laggy and I drop to maybe 40fps on foregound. But 36-48 isn't an issue.

There are many ways to skin this cat and everyone does it differently it seems. Some say EQwire does nothing, others say FPS doesn't work. Some say ISboxer screws everything up.. Not an answer to your question really but ISboxer and MQ2EQwire work very well for me.

I appreciate this and I personally can say that EQ wire definitely works I just load it so it stops updating the graphics in the background or wherever it is that it's supposed to do but instantly I get tons less lag