Council Divided

third-eye

Reaction score
Need help on this one....

Seems like theres 7 council members + arbiter. They emote when you zone in, indicating if they're for or against the "discord" offer.

If you kill one against discord, event resets saying "You have killed one of the innocent". If you kill one for discord, they immediately reset saying power of discord allowed them to see it coming and prepare for it.

Mobs are mezzable to boot, but unmez themselves within a few seconds, and after 30-40 seconds almost all are unmezzable.

So, it appears you must kill all of the discord ones within X period of time, or X% in hp, but due their melee dps, amnt of hp, and dots its difficult to offtank all of them while spending mass amounts of time balancing all of the discord ones.

Mobs are also immune to snare/root and have zone-wide aggro once activated.

Sooooooo - what gives? Do you just have to offtank all 8 in different spots and balance the pro-discord council members down? What role does the arbiter play? Is he nothing special? Then why even have an arbiter and not 8 council members?

Do you leash-kite mobs you're night killing while balancing the 4 pro-discord down?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

When we do this event we setup 8 groups each group takes 1 we balance evil and win realy its as simple as that. You need 8 solid tank types for it and decent dps and healing.

Reactions: EQDAB
Ok - but that doesn't explain how to get around the DD + Magic Vulnerability I/II/III/IV/V.

Is there a way to remove that spell? I take it since it has no counters, and it can't be dispelled....we'll have to try RC9. If not - you'd have to do some fancy tank switching work.

There is something about the longer your on aggro the worse the vul spell gets but I haven't really seen it. Honestly Your best bet is just rez tanks when they die and have dps tank till they get rezzed. We put 4 tanks on the good ones. 4 one evil and then if we have extra they back up the evil tanks. Each evil council gets a "corner" of the round room and the good ones in their own area. Bout it. Burn the evil council members fulll burn from engage. Kill them to 5% then kill them all at once.

Almost certain no way to cure it... eventually it will kill the tank.... but gotta deal with it.

• Sad
It's every 20 seconds, you get an upgrade on MV + 10k nuke.

So within 60 seconds, you're on MV-IV and that's a 60k nuke on your tank.

0s: MV-I 10k + 50% = 15k
20s: MV-II 10k + 100% = 20k
40s: MV-III 10k + 250% = 35k
60s: MV-IV 10k + 500% = 60k
80s: MV-V 10k + 1000% = 110k

Now, this MV-X has a 30s duration on it. I can see maybe an offtank can go around taking aggro from tanks for 30s to get MV-X to clear on your main tank thereby resetting it back to MV-I. But...jfc.

spread the 4 evil mobs out around the walls kite/ot good ones and have each set of grups burn theres to 10% when all 4 at 10% kill them

to be honest I'm not sure how we dealt with the spell I'm a melee dps sorry :-( Tho I do know we dont give out any special orders for it for the most part we just burn the hell outa the evil down to 4 then kill all at once. Norm we each evil group loses a tank but then one of the dps pick up the tanking till we get the real tank resed much past that shrug

Chanter solution

I just have my chanters use directional banishment on the good ones into the 'pit'. Have a few sk's re-aggro them as they SLOWLY path back up, and knock them back down again.

I just have my chanters use directional banishment on the good ones into the 'pit'. Have a few sk's re-aggro them as they SLOWLY path back up, and knock them back down again.

:D So you use a "Sparta" type strat quite literally. That's interesting.

Enchanter pushing no longer works as they just instantly warp back up top.

The spell is called Magic Vulnerability I-VI

• Sad
Enchanter pushing no longer works as they just instantly warp back up top.

The spell is called Magic Vulnerability I-VI

Shame about the chanter push.

Unless I'm reading lucy wrong MV is just the debuff -600 to your MR and makes the nukes land harder... it's not the actual nuke spell itself which was what I was curious about was being cast.

We did a little exploring into this event tonight and here is a bit more info.

First it's not just magic vulnerability 1 to 5. Each of the bad council members uses a different resist.

There is

Magic Vulnerability coupled with Arcane Withering as the nuke
Fire Vulnerabiility coupled with Fiery withering as the nuke
Poison Vulnerability coupled with Toxic withering as the nuke
Disease Vulnerability coupled with Affliction withering as the nuke

The nukes are 10k initial plus 2k per tick and are targeted AEs with a 75' radii with an additional -500 resist adjust on them. Lasts for 60 seconds.

Other spells cast by them

Mortal coil
Clawing Darkness
Soul reapers pyre
Scent of Gloom

Bad council members hit for about 6500 undisc'd

• Wow
council members cycle between mezable and not mezable. so use your enchanters to your advantage instead of just having them there as aura bitch's and crappy nukers

Hmmmmm - how close do they (discords) have to be to not repop? They seem to repop instantly on death.

Do all have to be below 20%? 15%? 10%? 5%? 3%? before they don't respawn? do they need to be killed in some order?

It definitely doesn't seem timed as there's no way you can kill them all within 2 seconds.

Take them all to 5% then kill its within 10% iirc but 5% is safer

Not sure if I am missing something on this but how do you minimize the dots and deal with the good councilmen?

My guild has tried this 20 times and we get eaten before we can get one mob to 10%.

• Wow
Not sure if I am missing something on this but how do you minimize the dots and deal with the good councilmen?

My guild has tried this 20 times and we get eaten before we can get one mob to 10%.

Just tank or kite all councilmens (we usally kite the good ones) apart from each other to minimize the dots. My guess is that you tank/kite them all real close to the raid if you wipe that fast.

How do you deal with the Snares when you kite?