Control toons by tell

gnafnow113

Reaction score
I remember in another life that there was a plugin that I could add a toon name too, and it allowed that person to send commands to mine by use of tells. Does something like that still exist?

It used to be MQ2mastermind which I believe is no longer used. The safer option would be to use EQBCS.

I use that locally, but every now and then I have a buddy group with me when automated. Trying to make a way where he can /camp me out when done.

EQBCS plugin
can send tells to a toon to follow you, to sit, to cast , basically anything u can type on your toon u can tell another toon to do, start , stop pause a macro
how u use it is endless, you can use it to tab less on one pc, to control other pcs
read description of the plugin, I believe it has a how to video as well

EQBCS plugin
can send tells to a toon to follow you, to sit, to cast , basically anything u can type on your toon u can tell another toon to do, start , stop pause a macro
how u use it is endless, you can use it to tab less on one pc, to control other pcs
read description of the plugin, I believe it has a how to video as well

Yes I use that locally like a champ, but trying to find a way where someone from outside could send a tell to the main toon like /t toonname /bcaa //camp desktop

Allows you to control any connected client anywhere (ie. someone in your raid needs to afk for a while: they connect to your server, you remotely load macros and control their toon as needed until they return).

once u are connected you would send a tell /bct joe schmoe //camp desktop

I just connect my toons on my network but I believe the whole purpose was to allow others to connect for these reasons

Reactions: gnafnow113
I am using a combination of Dannet (I just learned it, thank you @William12!) and mastermind. I understand the potential danger of mastermind with logs. Does Dannet allow my friends to command my toons from their own computers or can that be handled by Dannet and/or EQBC (which appears to be a lot more difficult to manage than Dannet)? Thanks in advance for the advice and input.

Reactions: EQDAB
eqbc would allow your friends to connect to your eqbc server and control them. Dannet does not that i know of.

Reactions: EQDAB and esadair