code testing if you are on level ground

freewilly

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any snippet or something that would test if you are standing on a hill/slope/outcropping? I'm trying to incorporate a sub into my macro that will create a campfire when needed, but sometimes my camp is on a hill that won't allow me to create the campfire. If the macro could discern that then I could move to a more level area and create the campfire.

I'm not aware of any way to do that through a macro. For the most part, macros are completely oblivious to the EQ world. It only can ascertain data on spawns and interactable objects. MQ2Navigation might be able to be coded to report slope information about the node you are standing in to a macro through a TLO, but I'm not sure. I know it takes slope into account when creating the zone mesh file, just not sure if it stores that slope in the mesh in a format that the plugin would be able to expose in any kind of TLO information.

You might be able to use the LineOfSight TLO and check nearby coordinates. Sometimes it works on hills during previous use, but I cant log in to test. I am sure eqmule could find the actual routine in eq that uses it if it was high enough priority to him. that would all get checked as part of the spell validation server side.

Make an even that responds to the line of text you get saying you can't create a campfire.