Macro CheckBarter.mac by Chatwiththisname

Chatwiththisname

Learning2Code
Reaction score
Created a macro to check all items in your inventory that appear in the barter window for buylines and reports the items available to sell to /buyer's as they are found.

Code:
	|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|CheckBarter.mac by Chatwiththisname
|v1.0 ~ Initial release 2/13/2018
|v1.1 ~ Updated 2/14/2018 
|		Added Exlusion list for items
|		corrected invalid search results being counted 
|			as valid.
|		Converted all non-essential echos to debugging
|			messages to reduce clutter.
|		Added this header. 
|
|Usage: /mac CheckBarter
|
|Purpose: Will check your sellable items for a buyline 
|			in the barter window and report any matches. 
|
	|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|	ExludeItem format ", item1, item2, item3"
|	Note: It must have ", " the comma and a space, even the first item!

Attachments

• CheckBarter.mac
    18.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Not playing live right now, but thanks for sharing, good stuff

I'm excited, maybe some new members flooding this compile.

Nicely done ChatWithThisName genius! This is such a good idea, it should be a MMOplugin (to keep the idea/ability HERE)! :cool: Talk about a time-saving money-maker for new/old alike.

So I've improved CheckBarter.mac to include optional selling of items. Now generating an INI file called CheckBarterSellList.ini which should appear next to your CheckBarter.mac
Now you can sell the items from CheckBarter.mac after running it once you've downloaded an updated copy.

How does it work? Well after you've ran the macro and it tries to find a buy line for the first item you've already generated the INI entry for every item in the list. If you let it run till finished it will also generate an INI entry for each item with a found buy line that will be called "Highest" and it will be equal to the amount of the highest buyline ever found. Once you've got the INI generated you can go about setting the lowest price you'll take for the items. Below I include a copy of a section of my ini I was using for testing this update. Items with SellPrice=0 will not be sold. Items with a sell price, such as Steel Ingot, will not be sold unless there is a buyline offer for greater than or equal to that amount. In the case of Steel Ingot I have "SellPrice=300" So if there is a buyline offer for 300 or more it will sell to it. If there are multiple buylines greater than SellPrice it will still always select the highest offer.

IE: Buylines for 300, 400, and 1200. I'll sell it for 300. It will automatically sell it for 1200.

The macro is designed to sell all of the item you have on you. Sometimes the buyer won't want that many, so it will sell partial. It will not then try to sell to the next lowest offer. You would have to run the macro again if they all didn't sell.

Code:
[Steel Ingot]
SellPrice=300
Highest=300
[Sunshard Pebble]
SellPrice=0
[Tolapumj's Robe]
SellPrice=0
[Vanadium Ore]
SellPrice=30
Highest=30
[Blue Diamond]
SellPrice=0
[Corrupted Loam]
SellPrice=0
[Antithesis of Fear]
SellPrice=0
[Befouled Animal Pelt]
SellPrice=0
Highest=420
[Befouled Marrow]
SellPrice=0
[Befouled Silk]
SellPrice=0
Highest=5100

Attachments

• CheckBarter.png
    CheckBarter.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 25
|v2.2 ~ Updated 3/21/2018
| Now sells all of an item instead of just whatever is
| sold on the first attempt with the sell button. Which
| makes the output Sells totally accurate.
| Now checks for a vendor to still be present when selling
| and stops selling to that list location if they aren't there
| anymore.
| Added code comments for others to understand what I'm doing
| in some places on the code.

I still haven't moved the exclusion list to the INI. Though I am thinking of giving each item in the INI an option

[Extraplanar Silk]
SellPrice=0
Highest=1965
ExcludeThis=TRUE