Cheating warning!

Never rely on that.

TLP only? NO!

It seems the "over"-selfrightous people and the morons who behave bad to others have won. Here is the proof:

I made out of curiosity a test character and powerleveled him up a bit and started the Epic 1.0 out of fun. I tested /warp and /zone besides others which makes the Epic a bit more playable (besides this awful anachronistical playstyle to wait for spawns endlessly.

1 toon banned / disabled

This was what I expected in the worst case on life servers but to my surprise:

1 other toon warned and locked (strangely without a set time limit)
1 other toon suspended and locked (with 7 day lockup)

I am not aware at moment, why the others gotten a slap in da face. So I have to find out. Another toon is also locked out but I am not sure if that counts to the others. They worked with the one who used /warp and /zone on the same system and IP.

I was not afk-botting, nor did I work in a zone where others are somehow playing. So I avoided - like mostly when I play - other players to not get in conflict or disturb anybody. There are too much over-rightous people out there who like to take loot and after that would hang you for this (if I read the forum, I could vomit). Since I am also not a raider or in high end gaming where I could compete with others I expect to not be on the radar of anybody. I assume these toons must have used some kind of active hacks which I am personally not aware off and which where switched on because it was the same system where the "evil toon" played.

So: NO SERVER IS SAFE! Even if you behave and play nice.

TLP and Live: no active hacks or /warp /zone recommended.

If that is some kind of check for standard MQ2 then this game is gone. I financed last year nearly the income of a clerk at DGB. Not a biggy for a bit of fun and saving some time which is better invested in earning money but old EQ is not fun - it is one of the worst playing experiences compared to other games. Multiboxing is not only fun, it is a challenge even esp. in older raid content which nobody would play anymore and the ability to automate or optimize with MQ2 makes it really outstanding from other games even the graphics, sound and handling is crude and outdated.

But perhaps it is time to stop pumping money into such a game. I would love to play from time to time but without MQ2 this game would suck really.

Were the 2 other chars that got hit used to PL The one that warped ? Did you log on all 3 with the same computer/ip do they have the same email etc. First thing you did wrong was warp so that makes everything else questionable. Did they ban all 3 because they were linked to the one that warped ?

What exactly does warning and locked do? I got 3 toons issued with warning, and 1 banned.

Questionable is only the suspension/warning of the other toons.

I intentionally used /warp and /zone because so many people are only guessing, making assumptions and talking BS esp. in the EQ-forum. So I simply tested it without relying on others. Test was successful. >Intensive< use of these functions will ban your account on Life Servers and this account "earned" it. That is the result. So this question/guess is solved. Emule is right.

Other warnings/suspensions are not solved but plugins on the same system could be the source which I didn't use consciously - my fault to not use a different system. Shit happens but the sky does not fall down. I would not be so unhappy if all my accounts are banned - then I will never pay money for it if I am bored and waste so much time ;)

So you know DGB is seriously after it and this is a confirmation of some posts here and it is not only TLP like some guessed.

This result above is clear. If they would suspend/ban from IP then they would harm all people in our computer club - all the same IP. That would be really not wise and I would doubt that DGB would be so stupid. That would result into mass loss of income. But that did not happen so far. And I would not do it on my main account either. Nothing happened to any other accounts on different systems without MQ2 or with MQ2 core which didn't had /zone or /warp. That does not mean so much but it is a small sign.

PL is also not the reason. One char on the same system PL'ed the experimental "evil toon" heavily. No suspension, no ban. It would be strange anyways - that would be the best way to backstab somebody you hate in the game - pay him for PL and then activate everything - it would be likewise stupid to ban people who PL "evil toons".

Waiting on the list of functions and behaviors which are forbidden - Devs of DGB wanted to make a list - this would be viable info for all.

Sad that some people don't go with the rule for the TLP-Servers and didn't let them go. That will affect now every player more or less. Waiting on the false positives but still hope DGB is careful enough... :(

Basically they're after it because people are warping around zones grabbing VP key pieces (and seb key mobs etc) on TLP.

so far the perplexing thing to me is the accounts I chain zoned are suspended for a week and ! account is warned aka a wizard. While the others I have warped 1000s of times on over the years are active. To be clear I didn't chain zone using the plugin but I warped across it and zoned faster than it would normally take. So either they are getting people for the quicker than timed zoning or I got lucky on my throw away warpers

Never rely on that.

TLP only? NO!

It seems the "over"-selfrightous people and the morons who behave bad to others have won. Here is the proof:

I made out of curiosity a test character and powerleveled him up a bit and started the Epic 1.0 out of fun. I tested /warp and /zone besides others which makes the Epic a bit more playable (besides this awful anachronistical playstyle to wait for spawns endlessly.

1 toon banned / disabled

I am not aware at moment, why the others gotten a slap in da face. So I have to find out. Another toon is also locked out but I am not sure if that counts to the others. They worked with the one who used /warp and /zone on the same system and IP.

I was not afk-botting, nor did I work in a zone where others are somehow playing. So I avoided - like mostly when I play - other players to not get in conflict or disturb anybody. There are too much over-rightous people out there who like to take loot and after that would hang you for this (if I read the forum, I could vomit). Since I am also not a raider or in high end gaming where I could compete with others I expect to not be on the radar of anybody. I assume these toons must have used some kind of active hacks which I am personally not aware off and which where switched on because it was the same system where the "evil toon" played.

So: NO SERVER IS SAFE! Even if you behave and play nice.

TLP and Live: no active hacks or /warp /zone recommended.

If that is some kind of check for standard MQ2 then this game is gone. I financed last year nearly the income of a clerk at DGB. Not a biggy for a bit of fun and saving some time which is better invested in earning money but old EQ is not fun - it is one of the worst playing experiences compared to other games. Multiboxing is not only fun, it is a challenge even esp. in older raid content which nobody would play anymore and the ability to automate or optimize with MQ2 makes it really outstanding from other games even the graphics, sound and handling is crude and outdated.

But perhaps it is time to stop pumping money into such a game. I would love to play from time to time but without MQ2 this game would suck really.

Thank you for testing it, I was planning on doing it on my trash account which I have at least 100,000 warps done on in the last few year. Guess I'll try to utilize that account for some other use now.

I'm curious how long did it take you to get banned from the time you started warping till they banned the account?

Last edited:
There is no MQ2 for truebox because the source isn’t available, if you manage to crack mq2ic and mq2main that has the code that crashes you if you try to load MQ2 on a truebox server, then sure you would be able to use it there, the tamper protection in mq2ic means you would also have to codesign it after u hexedit it... it’s not trivial, I’m not saying there isn’t a chance but it’s improbable at this point.

Unfortunately this also means that people who managed to bypass that stuff in the past (I have gradually hardened the protection each patch) but are no longer able to, well that left a gap in the market... which has now been filled by Abyss and his eqbot/EverHack apps.

Not going to link to them cause I don’t want that stuff on truebox just as much as dbg don’t.
Suffice to say, I’m upholding my end of the deal, there is no working MQ2 for truebox (if there is it’s kept very private and only used by like a very few people), and I’m not responsible for what others release.

That whole post is not about MQ2. If people end up getting banned this week, it’s because they warped/zoned or used active hacks.

Obviously you are correct, as you are the owner of MQ2 :) The only active way today that I know to get MQ2 working on TLP is cracking mq2ic and mq2main. I know folks are asking for proof but I don't think it's required given eqmule has confirmed it here.

EQMule has stated it often enough at his site. If somebody is not believing EQMule then only because these people belong to the usual ones who need always compensation in EQ for what they miss in RL or they are simply the jealous people who have no clue but need to blow always hot air to boost their ego.

Sorry for that rant but after 20+ years I am sick and tired of the same hypocrites again and again. They are only a few but they are heard the most because they whine more than anybody else instead simply enjoying the game in their way - but on TLP I would understand that - these servers are exactly made to not box and for the people who want an original EQ experience with a typical "race" to the top - I only want a bit relaxation without getting a wrist restrain.....

I started the test on the day of the message from DGB. So they reacted in about 24h. I don't know if they really hit the afk-botters with that because the botters stay at a place and go auto. My account is banned anyways I let him merc-kill since hours and no GM. But I will not do it unattended over a period of time. I will see how that works - out of personal interest. As long as no player needs the camp - but as usual - I am in old zones - nearly nobody needs these anymore and I will not risk a Level 110 for such a test in new zones.

A quick look into FM where the usual perma-campers stay would say more. At moment they slap the autozoners and warpers in the face. Perhaps on TLP this will stop the botters who boycott the players there. So this is something I see positive - despite the slap from DGB. Sad - I have fun with lowlevel under 60 exploring old quests with less hazzle....

Due to the crack down by Daybreak on active hacks today, we have re-enabled these security measures from 2012 to protect people from using active hacks. You will need to do the edit to MacroQuest.ini in the first post of this thread and go through some warnings ingame if you decide to continue to use hacks. This will stop the majority using it, and those that decide to continue using you have been warned.

We knew Daybreak had a method to catch active hacks, and they could decide to ban for them at anytime since 2012, but they had not done so until today. We really had a good run, and I want to applaud MMOBugs users for not abusing them, and allowing it to last this long. Daybreak had to step in and go after active hacks due to someone blatantly advertising them on TLP servers and boasting about how safe they were.

It's sad to have to do this, but it's whats best for the community.

Sorry guys.

I got caught lol 7 days is lucky in my opinion for my punishment. Now if my girlfriend would be so forgiving after catching me whacking off it would be nice I would gladly take a 7 day suspension for that too

Non-documented best guess

From digesting related info here and other places. I think someone is over boxers warping around, locking down camps/spawns AND afk loot/experience winning, especially on non-live servers (TLP's).
Slow and careful … 'Cheat Smarter' is still the phrase. Let Daybroke take out the asshats, good riddance. :eek:

Personally I've not warped in many years. But as of late I've enjoyed using fade maybe a little loosely. All my chars have boots, invis, levitate and mounts so little need to warp -v- banning. Not that I wouldn't if the situation called for it. ie; I don't do boat trips.

But lets get real, any extended campaign WILL close the game. They should instead setup a prison server to at least appear a desire to keep their jobs. If EQ goes so does DB. And we all go elsewhere to play, saving money too very likely. 21 years was a good run for me. I'm on my 3rd wife and 2nd computer. But 1st wife was before EQ. And still assembling new computer. No hurry, still in medical recovery here.

Play smarter idiots or go the dodo way, into history :rolleyes:.

If EQ goes so does DB. And we all go elsewhere to play, saving money too very likely. 21 years was a good run for me. I'm on my 3rd wife and 2nd computer. But 1st wife was before EQ. And still assembling new computer. No hurry, still in medical recovery here.

Play smarter idiots or go the dodo way, into history :rolleyes:.

I'm still going to play like an idiot. I'm not to worried about my accounts at this point, I'll play till they are banned and move on. Not like I even play that much anymore, besides traders in bazaar and playing the bazaar game, farming the crap out of plat, I'm hardly logging into the game these days.

You said it best "If EQ goes so does DB" , I welcome their own demise if they want to go down this route.

Besides if I do get my accounts banned and find the itch to play again, its not like its much to start over on a fresh six set of toons. Toons aren't worth what they used to be 15 years ago. You can thank shitty copy/paste development, easiness of raids, raid currency, inflation of group gear, how fast it is to gain exp/aa/levels, group gear and raid gear being outdated every expansion etc. Not to hard to get started over again.

Last edited:
I got caught lol 7 days is lucky in my opinion for my punishment. Now if my girlfriend would be so forgiving after catching me whacking off it would be nice I would gladly take a 7 day suspension for that too

You get in trouble for having a wack? Wtf?!?

There are truebox TLPs and ones that aren't truebox. I see a couple of folks on this thread, and many on the DB forum one, lumping them together. They aren't the same. MQ2 is not disabled on the TLP servers that aren't truebox.

I dunno, maybe it's me, but I can't understand some of these posts... like "mq2" either being enabled/disabled serverside??

It's client-side...we load it before we login....why are other assuming otherwise? if you are detected, that's because they (DBG) have figured out what to look for and applied a solution to stop it.

Obviously, it'ss a lot more complicated than that, but that's the basic gist(sp?) of it?

I dunno, maybe it's me, but I can't understand some of these posts... like "mq2" either being enabled/disabled serverside??

It's client-side...we load it before we login....why are other assuming otherwise? if you are detected, that's because they (DBG) have figured out what to look for and applied a solution to stop it.

Obviously, it'ss a lot more complicated than that, but that's the basic gist(sp?) of it?

They already know who's using it and who's not. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

I understand that however, that wasn't my point.

Posting from Roxxlyy, Community Relations, made 10 minutes ago on the DB Forum thread:

Like I previously mentioned, we cannot give direct programs or a comprehensive list as things can always change when dealing with third party operations. I was able to get a summary that should hopefully shed at least a little bit of light on what behaviors are and are not okay.

Third party programs that work by reading logs (from the /log command) or by reading the generated output files (from the /output command) are generally okay to use. Results of these programs must be displayed in a non-client window.

Third party programs that automate play or provide an advantage that is not obtainable in-game are not acceptable to use.
Third party programs that alter the client directly are also not okay; this is why the above states that programs must present their displays in non-client windows/formats.

Cheating bans are targeting those who are unfairly hacking the game in order to provide themselves with massive advantages that are not otherwise possible to gain.

If you have a question about a specific action, you can open a ticket with our support team at: help.daybreakgames.com.