Cheating warning!

I'd like to see where they said MQ2 is OK if not AFK on ANY server!

Using 3rd Party Software | EverQuest Forums

I read that whole thread and nowhere does it say "MQ2 is OK if not AFK." You're inferring from the dev stating that "unattended gameplay and broadcasting keystrokes are bad" that this implies EVERYTHING ELSE is good. That's grasping at straws. For example, warping is neither of those and surely you don't think that thread says warping is OK.

"Unattended gameplay and broadcasting keystrokes" are two actions which can get you suspended or banned. They are not the ONLY actions that can lead to disciplinary action. If you read that thread in this manner then you're literally whistling in the dark while walking past the future graveyards of your EQ accounts.

The clowns at Daybreak are to clueless on figuring this stuff out on their own. (I love taking stabs at this company cause I know their reading this).

My guess is they acquired the tools from the Project 99 developers.

Chatwiththisname can give you an example how powerful those P99 tools are.

Thats what they mean by "improving their algorithms".

And remember, the last time they did a mass server log check was like 5-6 years ago, and they had to hire a 3rd party to check logs, since they couldn't do it themselves.

Has there been any additional comments from EQMule yet?

Map? really?

Damn...

The show eq portion where you can see npcs, ground spawns, and other players. Yeah that is an advantage I think they would not want us using.

I'd like to see where they said MQ2 is OK if not AFK on ANY server!

Using 3rd Party Software | EverQuest Forums

I read that whole thread and nowhere does it say "MQ2 is OK if not AFK." You're inferring from the dev stating that "unattended gameplay and broadcasting keystrokes are bad" that this implies EVERYTHING ELSE is good. That's grasping at straws. For example, warping is neither of those and surely you don't think that thread says warping is OK.

"Unattended gameplay and broadcasting keystrokes" are two actions which can get you suspended or banned. They are not the ONLY actions that can lead to disciplinary action. If you read that thread in this manner then you're literally whistling in the dark while walking past the future graveyards of your EQ accounts.

The point was they said that they would not be more specific and maintain a list of things they are okay with. It's a use your best judgment kinda thing. If you think you're doing something wrong, chances are you're doing something wrong and shouldn't be in shock and awe if you get slapped around with the ban hammer or the liquid of greater suspension. I wasn't meaning to imply that it meant they were saying it was okay in so many words. Only that they wouldn't outright say that it was okay.

I look at it this way if they ban me for boxing my group then it is there loss of 6 all access accounts per month + expansions so either way im winning if they let me continue i get to play if they ban me i save some money

Is there a good way to do that for mobs that are farther away in the zone? I like to use nav as a lazy way to run across a zone by targeting a mob near where I want to go and /nav target.

mq

MQ is the only reaon ive played for the past 10 or so years. without it the games simply boring as fuck. Ill continue to use it the way i want to and if i get banned ill not under any circumstances come back.

Have there been any reported bans since the post was made? Seems like TLP was the motivation for the post.... but lots of people raging about it on boards.

MQ is the only reaon ive played for the past 10 or so years. without it the games simply boring as fuck. Ill continue to use it the way i want to and if i get banned ill not under any circumstances come back.

Pretty much this!

The clowns at Daybreak are to clueless on figuring this stuff out on their own. (I love taking stabs at this company cause I know their reading this).

And remember, the last time they did a mass server log check was like 5-6 years ago, and they had to hire a 3rd party to check logs, since they couldn't do it themselves.

I was under the impression p99 actually uses invasive software to actively track your processes. Surely that's not allowed unless they overhauled the EULA for DBG no?

Also I get the feeling they are more after the fact some one was re-creating their own program for TLP's as far as I saw you could set speed, chain zone (limited), as well as warping within the same zone. It has been functional on TLP's since something like fippy and the guy was constantly adding stuff, but it recently became more public.

Last edited:
There are also working versions of MacroQuest2 (including RedGuides & MMOBugs) versions on TLPs as well. Not out of the box but with very slight changes. I'm guessing they're targeting these users (more specifically, TLP users in general, doesn't matter what version).

Last edited:
Opps ... damn Hacking the good-guys

There are also working versions of MacroQuest2 (including RedGuides & MMOBugs) versions on TLPs as well. Not out of the box but with very slight changes. I'm guessing they're targeting these users (more specifically, TLP users in general, doesn't matter what version).
Guessing MMOBugs needs to strengthen security a little to not be an :eek: accessory?

Guessing MMOBugs needs to strengthen security a little to not be an :eek: accessory?

It has nothing to do with MMOBugs honestly. The problem is within MacroQuest2 core which MMOBugs is built on top of (if I am not mistaken). The same exploit has been done on MacroQuest2, RGs and MMOBugs.

It has nothing to do with MMOBugs honestly. The problem is within MacroQuest2 core which MMOBugs is built on top of (if I am not mistaken). The same exploit has been done on MacroQuest2, RGs and MMOBugs.

all conjecture until proof is provided. The MQ2 source isn't open anymore you would have to rebuild alot of it from an older version. But a mmobugs version that works on TLP id love to see proof of that anyone can claim it exist no one can prove it.

I was under the impression p99 actually uses invasive software to actively track your processes. Surely that's not allowed unless they overhauled the EULA for DBG no?

Also I get the feeling they are more after the fact some one was re-creating their own program for TLP's as far as I saw you could set speed, chain zone (limited), as well as warping within the same zone. It has been functional on TLP's since something like fippy and the guy was constantly adding stuff, but it recently became more public.

No need to be invasive. Let's take for instance just targeting things. When you target something you send a packet to the server. The server knows the clip range for the zone you're currently in, the server gets your location and the distance from you to the target, if the target isn't in your xtarget window, or your group window it throws a red flag if your target is outside of clip range. So if you've ever targeted something across the zone, they know you use 3rd party software.

Warping - the server knows your characters max speed, it knows your current location, it knows the last spell you casted, if you warp across a zone and it calculates the speed you traveled from X Y Z location to X2 Y2 Z2 location based on distance, time, to get speed and that speed exceeds your characters max movement speed and you didn't cast a teleportation spell and you weren't summoned, then you're using 3rd party software.
Distance on 3d Coordinates - http://www.math.usm.edu/lambers/mat169/fall09/lecture17.pdf
Calculating rate or speed based on displacement (distance) over time. Calculating average velocity or speed (video) |
Khan Academy

Instant camping, If you bypass the wait to camp they know it.

Instant Zoning, If you traverse 12 zoneslines in 2 minutes.....they know you're using 3rd party software.

The bottom line is DBG has known who uses 3rd party software for as long as they've owned the company. It's math, the answer is always math.

The question is, how distruptive is your 3rd party software as an individual. Have you ever been reported? Banned if they look at the log. Have you petitioned? Probably banned if they look at the log.

Ban waves - It's happened in the past. I've never bit the big one myself. I don't afk hunt in the sense that I'm at my keyboard when EQ MQ2 is injected and something is making my character do something. I got booted once by a GM who knew I was using warp and Monkbug back in the day. He zoned into droga and my level 70 zerker had killed 513 mobs faster than the first one I killed could respawn. I stopped when he made his self visible (Gm's can be in the zone without appearing to be in the zone, they don't show up on spawn count etc) He appeared in front of me, my macro had a heart attack and stopped killed itself. I targeted him and /waved, he targeted me and /mourn "You've been disconnected"

I stopped using monkbug that day. I never went back to droga (the old one, not the new one) and I probably didn't do any shady shit for a while after that either. Was quite the scare.

Typically the use of MQ2 by a responsible person will yeild no red flags that warrant immediate attention to GM's banning/suspending because it's not interfearing with the game play of others. For TLP servers EQMule struck an agreement to stay off truebox servers, that's why live source offsets and structs were sheltered and you can only build your own test copy. Because people were bypassing the truebox crash that was put in to prevent its use on those servers and were appearing in videos on youtube. Mule, rightly so, removed access to live offsets/structs and only gave access to test builds (to keep with the License of the code where it must remain open source).

Now some jarhead has decided to release software that allows for them to use it on truebox and this is in direct violation of the agreement with mule and dbg. While mule has no hand in this, it's still cause for alarm on the side of DBG because where both sides of the fence were in a peace treaty, that's not been fucked right up.

The hope is that the targets are only those using it on truebox. If that's the case you won't be getting bans on accounts from user of MMOBugs or Redguides. If they decide that everyone is fair game they could potentially drop the ball and streamline banning flagged accounts.

But why would they ban all MQ2 Users, most of which have 6+ accounts.

Financially I don't see them surviving a ban wave of that magnitude. They shut down EQNext and kept all our money, it appears they don't have the funding to support something that isn't making money. If they shut down every MQ2 user they likely would go in the negative.

Just like shutting down the sale of perfectly legitimate krono, someone paid the rediculous price they cost to get them in the first place. Shut down everyone who uses them for personal gain and it's a potential loss on their end, so they only do it to the ones that offend on a large scale.

So while, yes, it's possible they could do a ban wave on anyone using MQ2, and have been able to for a very long time. There's a reason they chose not to do it. I expect that the only thing that has changed is that it has become an issue on truebox servers. I expect that is where their "new algorithm" will be pointed. I hope for the best, this is how I make my money to pay my bills. Without this I'll be forced to depend on the government. Which is never a good route to go.

Last edited:
There is no MQ2 for truebox because the source isn’t available, if you manage to crack mq2ic and mq2main that has the code that crashes you if you try to load MQ2 on a truebox server, then sure you would be able to use it there, the tamper protection in mq2ic means you would also have to codesign it after u hexedit it... it’s not trivial, I’m not saying there isn’t a chance but it’s improbable at this point.

Unfortunately this also means that people who managed to bypass that stuff in the past (I have gradually hardened the protection each patch) but are no longer able to, well that left a gap in the market... which has now been filled by Abyss and his eqbot/EverHack apps.

Not going to link to them cause I don’t want that stuff on truebox just as much as dbg don’t.
Suffice to say, I’m upholding my end of the deal, there is no working MQ2 for truebox (if there is it’s kept very private and only used by like a very few people), and I’m not responsible for what others release.

That whole post is not about MQ2. If people end up getting banned this week, it’s because they warped/zoned or used active hacks.

Last edited:
There is no MQ2 for truebox because the source isn’t available, if you manage to crack mq2ic and mq2main that has the code that crashes you if you try to load MQ2 on a truebox server, then sure you would be able to use it there, the tamper protection in mq2ic means you would also have to codesign it after u hexedit it... it’s not trivial, I’m not saying there isn’t a chance but it’s improbable at this point.

Unfortunately this also means that people who managed to bypass that stuff in the past (I have gradually hardened the protection each patch) but are no longer able to, well that left a gap in the market... which has now been filled by Abyss and his eqbot/EverHack apps.

Not going to link to them cause I don’t want that stuff on truebox just as much as dbg don’t.
Suffice to say, I’m upholding my end of the deal, there is no working MQ2 for truebox (if there is it’s kept very private and only used by like a very few people), and I’m not responsible for what others release.

That whole post is not about MQ2. If people end up getting banned this week, it’s because they warped/zoned or used active hacks.

I think this is correct, I don't want to link the site because it's sketchy but there are stand alone programs that allow you to warp, chain zone, set speed etc on TLP's - but it is VERY crude design and I personally took one look and never touched it again. Looks very shady. I think they are after this one in particular because the developer was recently boasting how it's been working for so long and no one has been caught.