Character Select

orion949

Death From Above
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone would know the answer to this but does just logging your toon out to the Character Select screen show you as logged off or do you have to log all the way out of the game to reset your clock for being logged in.

I ask this because I heard somewhere that SOE checks on toons that have been logged in for like days at a time so its not good to leave an auto-forage bot on for like over 24 hours.

Anyone have some insight into this one?

to reset the clock you have to log all the way out. That's why if your setting at the char select screen your corpse timer is still running. that being said I leave my chars logged in for days setting in the GL sucking up buffs. now sitting in Thurg for days on end foraging might be a different story.

Bear in mind, that by Sony's own admission, things like G19 keyboards and Mousepads are 'legit' means of automation. So it's not a stretch to say that you leave your character logged in with the KB performing tasks for you.

Yes you have to be at the KB at all times but prove to me that you and your room mates don't take rotations? Or your insomniac second cousin doesn't sit there staring at your sexah ass while it clicks?

Just like with the targeting question, when there's a legit means of performing an action SoE is going to have a hard time using it as the sole basis for a hacking suspension.

Yes you have to be at the KB at all times but prove to me that you and your room mates don't take rotations? Or your insomniac second cousin doesn't sit there staring at your sexah ass while it clicks?

When you don't respond to a /tell or /say they will say that you weren't at the keyboard and therefore in violation even if you do have a G19 or G15. Sure, you can macro or use a plugin for detection, but those are unreliable at best.

When you don't respond to a /tell or /say they will say that you weren't at the keyboard and therefore in violation even if you do have a G19 or G15. Sure, you can macro or use a plugin for detection, but those are unreliable at best.
Dear Sony: I'm sorry. But my 10 year old has instructions not to reply to anyone or speak to anyone in game.

As for older people monitoring my character, my guild has a policy that frowns on allowing non members use of my character, even if they live in the same house or are family members. They have strict instructions to not reply to any communications lest they get me kicked out of my guild.

Prove any of it isn't the case.

Dear Sony: I'm sorry. But my 10 year old has instructions not to reply to anyone or speak to anyone in game.

As for older people monitoring my character, my guild has a policy that frowns on allowing non members use of my character, even if they live in the same house or are family members. They have strict instructions to not reply to any communications lest they get me kicked out of my guild.

Prove any of it isn't the case.

Unfortunately, Sony doesn't have to prove it. There is a convenient clause in their EULA that ultimately lets them ban without a justified reason.

Also, allowing anyone else to use your account, even a family member is a bannable offense according to them. They just rarely exercise banning for that.

Also, allowing anyone else to use your account, even a family member is a bannable offense according to them. They just rarely exercise banning for that.
I know that. Ultimately, it's their game, their ball. Their rules. And we have 2 choices. Take it, or leave it.

But you're arguing apples and oranges. If they suspend/ban you for acct sharing, or AFK "keyboarding" they have to say as much. They can't do it under the heading 'Hacking' or use of a 3rd party program.

Neither of the above would (or should) be something that is triggering their 'detection software'. Which was my only point.

I just had my three toons AFK for 149+ hours straight totally AFK with all screens minimized. This is the third time since VoA I have hit 6+ days straight of being logged in using a shaman macro to heal and buff and a chanter macro to buff and XP aura and using one melee DPS merc on burn. No active hacks used and I am using super simple macros. All I had to do was spend my AA's every 12-14 hours. If they are monitoring logged in times and /played they aren't looking very hard.

I just had my three toons AFK for 149+ hours straight totally AFK with all screens minimized. This is the third time since VoA I have hit 6+ days straight of being logged in using a shaman macro to heal and buff and a chanter macro to buff and XP aura and using one melee DPS merc on burn. No active hacks used and I am using super simple macros. All I had to do was spend my AA's every 12-14 hours. If they are monitoring logged in times and /played they aren't looking very hard.

This is very comforting indeed! On a side note, what is this "XP Aura" you speak of?

WITHOUT the aura up they got: 13%AA for 77ench, 27%AA for 71sk and 32%AA for 67necro. WITH the aura up, 14%AA ench, 29%AA sk and 35% for the necro.

so 1 to 3 percent diff on 10 light blue mobs (over lets say twincast aura or mana recursion type aura..................) not sure if there are better chanter auras atm.

Does it ACTUALLY have an effect? I know when they first introduced those spells they were broken or got broken real quick.

Also do they work with LotD or XP pots? I'm guessing the higher XP bonus overrides the other one...

Does it ACTUALLY have an effect? I know when they first introduced those spells they were broken or got broken real quick.

Yes, they have an effect especially if you are AFK XP for a long time. It comes out to about 10% XP bonus but LoTD and XP pots override it (although when they run double XP it adds to the double XP).

I usually get ~3AA hour AFK. It is simple and safe XP for 3 toons. That is about is about 72ishAA per day. With Learner's Aura RK II I get an additional 7AA per day. It isn't gamechanging but when oyu afk for 6+ days at a time that is over 40AA per week just for casting an aura. Not worth rolling a chanter for but worth it if you already have one.

WITHOUT the aura up they got: 13%AA for 77ench, 27%AA for 71sk and 32%AA for 67necro. WITH the aura up, 14%AA ench, 29%AA sk and 35% for the necro.

so 1 to 3 percent diff on 10 light blue mobs (over lets say twincast aura or mana recursion type aura..................) not sure if there are better chanter auras atm.

The innate experience bonus for having <2500 AA weighs heavilly on the performance of this aura. Once you get past 2500AA you should see at 10% bonus on all experience using the XP tracker.