Chanter randomly not mezzing

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I run 40's update, and my enchanter has a real bad habit of randomly not mezzing adds. Spiders come in bunches in Lceanium and usually she Bewilders all but the tank's target. But once in a while she will mez nothing, and if I don't catch it, two mercs are dead and the cleric is getting beat on real quick while the tanks is busy with the target.

Since it's random and unreproducable, would this be an ini problem or a macro problem?

Sounds like its hung up in another routine. Its probably finishing that routine, which creates the awkward not mezzing, and then continues onto the mezzing routine again?

It never goes into mezzing. The routine is supposed to mez adds, then start on the tank's target with tash, slow, dots and nukes. She never hits the mez routine, even though I have this:

Code:
[Combat]
CombatFrequency1=Mez|Debuff|ModRod|Mana|SelfBuff
CombatFrequency2=Mez|Debuff|ClickyNuke
CombatFrequency3=Mez|Debuff|FightBuff|AA|Nuke
CombatFrequency4=Mez|Debuff|Dot|Nuke
CombatFrequency5=Mez|Debuff

This problem has not been resolved, btw.

This is more likely a macro problem than anything. The mez routine is a bit finnicky and I haven't had time to go through it yet. I also haven't had enough time to even log in to EQ in over a month, holidays and work travel are keeping me busy. It's on my radar, but no promise as to when I can look at it.

The only way I could see this being an INI issue is if it's getting caught for a long delay in some other portion of the macro, like a long cast time buff or something during downtime.

No this problem occurs at the same time: on pull. Most of the time, it goes right into mez mode and Bewilders the adds. But once in a while it just doesn't mez at all.

Mind you, my chanter is the most problematic of the macros. I've talked about this previously that there are times when the chanter acquires a target and WILL NOT LET IT GO. I send the clear message but it reacquires. Happens in the Gribbles, for example.

Yeah, I remember. I just have limited time so larger fixes that involve 1000s of lines of logic have to wait till I have a free weekend, which I haven't had in months =( Especially things I can't recreate quite so easily on my own.

Core has a bug in the spell gem struct it might be related.
Expect an update today, report back if it's fixed.

Yeah, I remember. I just have limited time so larger fixes that involve 1000s of lines of logic have to wait till I have a free weekend, which I haven't had in months =( Especially things I can't recreate quite so easily on my own.

I can recreate the chanter bug in the Gribbles EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's 100% reproducable.