Can't connect to the server?

jrpb8d

Reaction score
** EMU QUESTION **

Hi all, newish here, but hoping to see if any experts can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I purchased premium membership, but can't seem to figure out how to get it to connect correctly. When I load MMOLoader, it doesn't go past the user/password screen. I just repeatedly get "A network issue is preventing login to mmobugs.com" errors, claiming either the server is down, or behind a firewall.

I'm using windows 7, SoD installed and a fresh download of the SoD MQ2 (emulator). My firewall gives permission to mmobugs. This error occurs even when the firewall and/or antivirus is completely disabled. I have bypassed my router and plugged directly into the modem. I can type in ANY user/pw (even jibberish) and still get the error. I can ping mmobugs.com just fine in cmd prompt. I do use a VPN for general privacy, but disabled it for connection purposes and still no resolution.

Does anyone have any ideas of something else to try? I'm stumped.

Thanks!
jrp

Last edited:
*Edited because I didn't read the very first line of OP post lolz...*

Last edited:
This should probably be moved to the EMU forums since it's not related to Live.

wish all emu related stuff started w big red letters EMU!!

Edited top to draw attention to EMU, feel free to move the post though (can I do that? I don't see any option to). Again, sorry, pretty new here.

You all gave me an idea though, so I downloaded the other launchers to see if they would connect and they do just fine. So I don't think this is a problem with my network. I'll post this in the emu section too, but does anyone know how I'd go about verifying that the "SoD" specific launcher is working properly? I can connect to test, etc just fine, but cannot connect to SoD.

Thanks!
JRP

They're not updated/available. I can do that if you want. Last year (or more, who knows, lol) when we discussed which ones to keep, and SOF/SOD lost. ;)

Anyway, easy enough to get it back up and running if you wish, might take me about 10 to 15 minutes.

htw

Ok I updated it, and enabled. For both SOF and SOD.

It should update loader for you when you run it, and after that you'll be GTG.

htw