Booted while zoning since July 07-13-16 release

Wurzelsepp2

Premium Member
Reaction score
For the last few days, I'm frequently getting booted to server select when zoning.

It's not a client-crash, it is more a loss of connectivity: Zoning will take about five minutes, then my character will be booted to server select, with my character still being in the world. This happens about one in ten times of zoning. It does happen on three of my machines in two different locations.

Some people reported the same problem on the official forums:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-bugs-07-13-16.234065/page-3#post-3453565

It does not seem to happen without MQ2 injected, but I didn't test too exhaustively, I justed zoned about 50 times without MQ.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

My guess it's something to do with this.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added a general world performance improvement when loading characters. In rare cases, when first entering character select your characters may take up to a few minutes to load. They will automatically appear when they're ready to enter the world.

I don't think anything in MQ2 would do that, as nothing much has really changed. You can start unloading plugins to see if one of them is doing it. Only thing we can't see is changes in MQ2Ic.dll, as it's a private plugin EQMule maintains, but nobody else has been reporting the problem.

It could be a possible router problem with port forwarding coming from Daybreaks changes? It's really a long shot through. Maybe someone else has a better idea as I'm not sure what it could be.

Thanks for the feedback, Fry. Let's see if anyone else has my issue - then we can try to see what we have in common.

Solved

Solved: The problem vanished as mysteriously as it appeared.

Observations: All other users having this problem originated from the same geographic region. Most likely cause: Some deep router issues.

For the future: If anyone else is having this issue of frequently getting booted to server select while zoning, the only solution might be waiting.

Hope this post helps someone in future!