Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnolish Totem

Hopeless

Reaction score
Anyone has better way to get this to 5/5 please?

I think I shrouded a couple of toons down to 10 w mercs plus the toons with the totem shroud. I put them all in an Orc camp and let them sit there using MQ2bot and kill the pops. Just left them there for hours. Find a place no one goes anymore.

Hopeless, I just wrote a guide for this on another site (that I know you're a member of). I recommend looking for it there.

Gist:

1. Farm a few Brazier of Elemental Summoning from upper guk
2. Shroud a PL'er to lvl 5 bear shroud
3. Have the PL'er in bear shroud click the Brazier from step 1 -- give the resulting fire pet as many high lvl mage pet items as you can
4. Hire a lvl 5 healer merc (not necessary, but helpful)
5. Shroud the people with the totem down to lvl 5
6. Take everyone to Forgotten Halls Expedition instance (from Nedaria)
7. Park your group in the middle of the expedition
8. Use a macro or something (G19 keyboard or autofire would work) to spam a hotkey:
/target npc radius 150
/pet kill

1.5 expeditions (9 hours total) will max all 5 levels of the totem/AC shrouds. It might even be sooner, but that's when I checked (6 hours resulted in being 85% through the 4th shroud)

ok so its easy just like pling a normal toon shroud to lvl 5 make a lvl 5 wizzy get the ae dd for wizzy pull with a toon 105 that has ae agro build agro nuke with the wizzy stick ds on the 105 watch the stooped xp go in easy couple hours done

ok so its easy just like pling a normal toon shroud to lvl 5 make a lvl 5 wizzy get the ae dd for wizzy pull with a toon 105 that has ae agro build agro nuke with the wizzy stick ds on the 105 watch the stooped xp go in easy couple hours done

Sure, but I didn't feel like spending what little actual in-game time I have doing something like that, so I setup a toon (pet class) to farm Braziers afk overnight, and then I setup the bot crew to use the fire pet method in Forgotten Halls to max the shrouds while I slept. I'd rather be doing quests/missions/progression on my crew when I'm awake, rather than slaying more stupid lowbies.

Still need to level this up on all my accounts. Does the totem shroud level the same regardless of lvl? Was thinking of just shrouding to lvl70 and group that up with an unshrouded lvl105 with a cleric outside of group healing and then find some lvl80ish camp I need tradeskill items from and let em afk farm there for a bit. This way I have no set-up changes at all and can also get some TS stuff I will eventually farm just to get that stuff anyway.

Still need to level this up on all my accounts. Does the totem shroud level the same regardless of lvl? Was thinking of just shrouding to lvl70 and group that up with an unshrouded lvl105 with a cleric outside of group healing and then find some lvl80ish camp I need tradeskill items from and let em afk farm there for a bit. This way I have no set-up changes at all and can also get some TS stuff I will eventually farm just to get that stuff anyway.

If you're not in a rush and will farm TS stuff anyway then it sounds like a very viable way to level it up. Frankly, I preferred my way ;) ... but I don't always do things the simple, easy way. I also wasn't sure how long it would take to max the totem, so I was preparing for a multi-day thing. If I had known that it would only take 8-9 hours doing it the way I described then I may have just done what you're suggesting.

Last edited:
Think I'll do the shroud to lvl75 and group with lvl105 at a lvl80ish camp just to see how well that works. Hopeless also linked me this

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...uds-and-ui-s/2401-shroud-xp-macro-update.html

which is the same place you recommend to afk at, minus farming anything to enable being able to do it, which I want to avoid.

If what I plan to try first works well, I may just continue doing that and max out all shrouds, eventually. Lots of lvl80+ camps with TS stuff I can use and some lvl95 camps with zone rares I want and considering I will camp those just for the stuff anyway, I'd rather not set a team up with the only reason being to lvl the shroud when they can farm stuff I want and lvl the shroud.

Think I'll do the shroud to lvl75 and group with lvl105 at a lvl80ish camp just to see how well that works. Hopeless also linked me this

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...uds-and-ui-s/2401-shroud-xp-macro-update.html

which is the same place you recommend to afk at, minus farming anything to enable being able to do it, which I want to avoid.

If what I plan to try first works well, I may just continue doing that and max out all shrouds, eventually. Lots of lvl80+ camps with TS stuff I can use and some lvl95 camps with zone rares I want and considering I will camp those just for the stuff anyway, I'd rather not set a team up with the only reason being to lvl the shroud when they can farm stuff I want and lvl the shroud.

I think the highest level to shroud is 70?

Well, hopefully a lvl70 can group with and gain experience with a lvl105.

Honestly man, once you farm a couple pet clicked my way is the fastest and least painful, and if you make a FTP account to stick the shrouded lvl 5 with the pet on you can do this for up to 5 players at a time. This is also a great way to max other shrouds out besides the totem. Just don't dismiss the shroud on your FTP pet dude and you can reuse him over and over.

If you have the spot in your group I also recommend a low level healer merc as well. It'll help in a pinch. Although not 100% necessary, I found I died once in a great while, which wanted to avoid.

Cheers, and good luck with whatever method you choose.

Ran 1 account through using the Shroud mac listed earlier, worked very well and maxed the totem within the 6 hour task. Think I'll just stick with that. Second account I tried, I wanted to just completely afk on once it started and potions wasn't working for me because I don't use mq2cast for the macs I normally run, so I tried using a cleric merc instead and it only did just over half-way through the totem which I was thinking would probably be the case, but was also interested to see if my merc would gain a few aa's. Merc gained nearly zero aa's. Figured out how to get potions going and will just do this for the rest.

No farming involved to do it. I just have a merchants feast/brew on the shrouded form and they're sitting at 400ac/600hp..ish. Only potion I used was the Distillate of Celestial Healing II and I change the heal point from 55 to 85 health and that was enough to max out the totem within 6 hours. Although for the rest I will probably get some alacrity and DS potions too.

It does tend to get stuck in "The rejects" room on some columns though. Usually it unsticks itself, but I would not doubt there can be times where it just stays stuck.

Last edited:
The fastest way I was able to level this up was with a clerics Revere DS. You get your character shrouded down to lvl 5 and load up the 105 cleric. Run both characters to kurns tower and buff the shrouded toon up with temp. Hit him with a HoT and have him pull as many mobs as possible from upstairs down.

Once they start coming, have the cleric cast the viral reverse DS (blood of Vicarum is the 105 spell) and throw light heals on the shroud. If you get aggro on the cleric you can zone out to give the shroud xp. Using the HoT's/wave healing seemed to gain the least amount of aggro.

This took me like 2 hours to complete using this method. I am sure you guys can do it faster since I am a slow poke =D

I'm reading that kill credit does NOT go to the low level PL'ee anymore when you're using a high level cleric reverse DS/viral DS.