bazaar.mac

Problem with Fry's copy of bazaar.mac

I've been noticing bazaar.mac not working as intended, when I tried the above version after a long absence from playing. Did some troubleshooting, and found the following errors in the logic -

Remove leading 'space' from SellPriceMin SellPriceMax BuyPriceMin BuyPriceMax - else MQ returns NULL every time it goes to lookup an item.

Change line 196 to:
Code:
        /if (${Bazaar.Count} < 1) {
because the boolean logic isn't working. The mac won't update prices at all if you're not competing.

Maybe I'll post a modified copy later, just warning anyone that some fixing may be necessary.

Using Fry's updated version linked on last page. In barter mode it does this no matter what I set the min/max to in INI file

[2016/02/06 21:23:36] [MQ2] Auto-Updating Buyer Prices.
[2016/02/06 21:23:36] [MQ2] Starting Auto-update...
[2016/02/06 21:23:36] [MQ2] Opening Buy Window.
[2016/02/06 21:23:36] [MQ2] Opening Barter Window.
[2016/02/06 21:23:38] [MQ2] Opening Barter Window.
[2016/02/06 21:23:38] [MQ2] Checking all items in list for Bazaar.ini entries
[2016/02/06 21:23:44] [MQ2] Want to set Krono to 1086085, but your maximum is 0.
[2016/02/06 21:23:44] [MQ2] Setting price of Krono to 0.
[2016/02/06 21:23:46] [MQ2] ending macro really

Any ideas?

Edit: Works great in trader mode tho

Last edited:
I don't think barter mode ever really got the kinks worked out - publicly, at least. A few people pay for their subs with buyer-seller pairs, living off the profit. I think I got my barter half-assedly working, but it's been a while...

Sorry I haven't posted anything on bazaar.mac yet - trying to deal with a few RL issues atm, but looking forward to playing regularly again soon.

Reactions: EQDAB
I was wondering if there would be a working bazaar.mac.

I downloaded the lastest one posted in this thread, it does search the items but either doesn't set any price or prices to 0cp.

Thank you

I just downloaded the mac and inc that Fry posted a page or two back and it's working, but I can confirm the one in the compile has an issue updating prices.

Revive! Lost all my macros and having to create/edit a bunch of ones.
Should I use the one with the compile, or the one posted a page back?

Thanks!

The one included with the compile wasn't searching for all items and wasn't setting any prices.
Used the one listed a page back and it's working as intended!

easy

I probably won't win any popularity points for saying this, but the baz mac, at least on some of the servers I play on has kind of gotten out of hand. If I start a trader that undercuts all of the players prices on a few items, and then seconds later there are 3 traders magically undercutting my prices by an exact percentage---it's not a good look, and is something that's easily proven.

There is/was a guy posting videos where he lists items, hits refresh and boom, 3-4 trader bots update their price---the best part is in the video the guy is like, "Ok I'll set my prices to this random number and based off of the formula, the bots will update their prices to this exact number."

Edit: The guy was posting them to EQ's forums

I haven't looked at the version in the compile, or the edited one, but maybe don't have it updating constantly, or updating any quicker than once per hour.

Either way, it's still super easy to prove that someone is using this and seems like a pretty dumb reason to catch a ban/suspension.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I probably won't win any popularity points for saying this, but the baz mac, at least on some of the servers I play on has kind of gotten out of hand. If I start a trader that undercuts all of the players prices on a few items, and then seconds later there are 3 traders magically undercutting my prices by an exact percentage---it's not a good look, and is something that's easily proven.

There is/was a guy posting videos where he lists items, hits refresh and boom, 3-4 trader bots update their price---the best part is in the video the guy is like, "Ok I'll set my prices to this random number and based off of the formula, the bots will update their prices to this exact number."

I haven't looked at the version in the compile, or the edited one, but maybe don't have it updating constantly, or updating any quicker than once per hour.

Either way, it's still super easy to prove that someone is using this and seems like a pretty dumb reason to catch a ban/suspension.

Survival of the smartest ... once all the idiots auto-updating prices get banned, there will be less competition for those of us who use the bazaar mac more conservatively.

• Haha

Survival of the smartest ... once all the idiots auto-updating prices get banned, there will be less competition for those of us who use the bazaar mac more conservatively.

Unless I'm missing something, there's a built in delay where you can't hit the find key for a few seconds (like 5 seconds?). Which means unless the person is only selling one or two items it would have to be more than a few seconds.

Even automated with your bags full (which isn't hard to accomplish when the max you can list is 100 items) it takes a fair bit of time for the macros to update the prices.

After the most recent patch with EQ i have not been able to get this macro to work at all. it is not updating my prices to the ini files set min/max skipping some of the items in the trader window. the macro goes through the trader and searches all of the items (skips the first item in the trader everytime fails to actually search it) and it just continues searching items but does not update a single one. i have set the price of items outside and randomly inside of the set min/max in my ini file and the macro is failing to update them it just searches and starts my trader doing nothing else. it was working fine as of a few weeks ago but now i am unable to get it to function. was there an update that made this macro unusable?

before the update the macro was updating my prices with no problems at all. setting items to the max if everyone else is priced above my set max, and going all the way down to my minimum if required now there are no updates regardless of other players prices or what mine is set to. some items the search function is not even firing for. it says searching but then does not conduct the search then after the /delay has expired it moves on to the next item without checking/updating the current item

Also having problems where its searching for items such as "Broken mirror (left)" it gives me an error which never has happened before. aswell as searching some of the collects with multiple words Icebound XXXX or ice encased XXXX it searches every item with "Icebound" or "ice encased" in it not the individual collect that is being searched. most items however are not searched at all. completely missed by the macro even though i have them listed in my ini with set prices and i have had no problems with them prior to recent patch

Last edited:
I've been using the bazaar.mac version 4.4 updated by Chatwiththisname dated 10/31/2018 which I haven't tested since the patch.

Apologies for bumping an old post, did anyone get this working? the macro loads, checks all the items but doesn't actually adjust the prices?

I'd really like to dump my trader to reuse the Char slot. Is this gonna be made workable again, anyone? :D Just wondering ..Tia

In the main loop find this section of code:

Code:
     /for result 1 to ${Bazaar.Count}
            | Echo Ignore trader if name is found in exclude list
            /if (${Excludelist.Find[${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name}]}>=1) /echo ... Exclude List - ${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name} ignoring their price.
            | Check if item is for sale and Seller is not me or someone on my exclude list
            /if (${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Name.Equal[${itemname}]} && ${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name.NotEqual[${Me}]} && !${Excludelist.Find[${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name}]}>=1) {             
                | Set itemsfound var - how many items are for sale
                /varcalc itemsfound ${itemsfound}+${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Quantity}
                | Set min/max prices to highest and lowest found in search
                /if (${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Price}<${minprice}) /varset minprice ${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Price}
            }
        /next result
        | Divide lowest price found by 1000 to convert to plat, mq2 price format is pgsc so 3pp=3000

Insert:

Code:
 /if (${minprice} == 0) /varset minprice ${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Price}

In order to get the macro to properly update Trader prices, without it minprice is not being initialized and so remains a 0 value, no prices will resolve as being less than 0 and it will attempt to set your price to minimum price. With this additional line of code it'll set the minimum price to the first item found in bazaar then compare all others to this. I believe the solution to be working but please correct me if I'm wrong!

The resulting code should read:

Code:
     /for result 1 to ${Bazaar.Count}
            | Echo Ignore trader if name is found in exclude list
            /if (${Excludelist.Find[${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name}]}>=1) /echo ... Exclude List - ${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name} ignoring their price.
            | Check if item is for sale and Seller is not me or someone on my exclude list
            /if (${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Name.Equal[${itemname}]} && ${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name.NotEqual[${Me}]} && !${Excludelist.Find[${Spawn[${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Trader}].Name}]}>=1) {             
                | Set itemsfound var - how many items are for sale
                /varcalc itemsfound ${itemsfound}+${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Quantity}
                | Set min/max prices to highest and lowest found in search
                /if (${minprice} == 0) /varset minprice ${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Price}
                /if (${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Price}<${minprice}) /varset minprice ${Bazaar.Item[${result}].Price}
            }
        /next result
        | Divide lowest price found by 1000 to convert to plat, mq2 price format is pgsc so 3pp=3000

Last edited: