Auto Tutorial Macro

PumpThump

Reaction score
I decided to practice window manipulation and a few other things I'm not the greatest at when it comes to macros. In the end, it turned into a full-blown automated tutorial. Start this macro the moment you create a new character and enter the tutorial before touching or pressing anything. The macro will take your char through the first half and then through Basic Training to get your Kobold Skull Charm.

It's not a pretty simple/ugly macro, and delays caused by lag or other things will jack it up, however I learned what I needed to learn while writing it.

You have to download tutoriala.ini and toturialb.ini and put them in your Q2AdvPath folder for the macro to work.

Made a Female Barb Warrior just to check out your Macro.
Worked flawlessly.
Outstanding! and fun to watch.

-Wolf

Made a Female Barb Warrior just to check out your Macro.
Worked flawlessly.
Outstanding! and fun to watch.

-Wolf

Thanks! Yeah it works for any class, since the only fight is against the jailor and that's pretty much impossible to fail lol.

Mostly I made it to practice using MQ2AdvPath, automating tasks, and customized looting.

I love MQ2AdvPath enough that I added a couple key features and a GUI to show you what path and point your on.

I also really expanded on the optional "check point" text. If the text starts with a slash then it can "evaluate" the text. This lets you put arbitrary code inside the list of points you want to run to.

https://code.google.com/p/dewey2461/

Probably should update the project because my "working" copy has a better name "MQ2WinPath" and significantly boosts the options that /play understands. Things like pausing, and jumping to specific points, adding alerts along a path ( great for telling if any PC's between here and there. I'm toying with implementing a full command line stack/queue so you can make complex get from say lobby to T4 fear ...

As a side note if you haven't looked at MQ2Navigate you should take a few minutes. It can be temperamental but when its working its very cool.

I love MQ2AdvPath enough that I added a couple key features and a GUI to show you what path and point your on.

I also really expanded on the optional "check point" text. If the text starts with a slash then it can "evaluate" the text. This lets you put arbitrary code inside the list of points you want to run to.

https://code.google.com/p/dewey2461/

Probably should update the project because my "working" copy has a better name "MQ2WinPath" and significantly boosts the options that /play understands. Things like pausing, and jumping to specific points, adding alerts along a path ( great for telling if any PC's between here and there. I'm toying with implementing a full command line stack/queue so you can make complex get from say lobby to T4 fear ...

As a side note if you haven't looked at MQ2Navigate you should take a few minutes. It can be temperamental but when its working its very cool.

That sounds pretty cool Dewey, I will have to try it out.

I do use MQ2Navigate in my looting, pulling, etc. pieces of my macro. I've been using that for over a year now. Just now started saving paths on AdvPath.