Are bans still happening?

Coranda

Premium Member
Reaction score
I took a break form EQ at the end of last year and I'm itching to come back. Today I've been reading that folks were getting suspended earlier in the year. Is that still happening?

Thank you, although that was not the answer I was hoping for.

What’s considered smart. I’m assuming not using active plugins, anything beyond that?

Are they detecting MQ and randomly banning people? Or is the thought that they’re able to detect active plugins?

I’ve seen a few people say that they typically only use the map filters and plugins. Are folks disabling those now?

I typically will use MQ in heroic adventures. My group is pretty much automated.

No one really knows what the reasoning behind the suspensions / bans have been. Some people say they log in a toon after being inactive for months and then bam, suspended. It does seem random, and it does seem like they're just looking for even having mq2/mqnext loaded at all. I would imagine the ban wave/suspension wave has calmed down a little bit because I'm not seeing a lot of people posting about it anymore....so it might be "safer" than it was....but that isn't saying much.

Reactions: MissTerious
Thanks again. I guess I’ll continue to play the way I have been and if I get suspended or banned then I’ll move on.

I like EQ but I can’t play it anymore without MQ2/MQNext.

Reactions: MissTerious