anyone using innerspace for EQ1

dasher

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has this working for everquest. Id like to try the isboxer, and wondering if its worth the trouble.

It is workable just need to set up your Window sizes right. Also cannt use fullscreen

I use IS + ISBoxer constantly.

It's worth the time.

You can't use fullscreen, but if you window it properly, it will basically be full screen but showing the windows start bar is how I have it set up.

Haven't messed much with IS or ISBoxer on EQ. WinEQ2 has been pretty solid for me. Any particular perks that make it worthwhile?

Watch this (and part 2): [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3-Pr3_3AU"]YouTube- ISBoxer Overview Part 1[/ame]

I'm in the process of setting things up. My problem is, I have too many damn characters and don't run the same group all the time. :p

If you are use to WinEQ for EQ innerspace kind of sucks imo. It really depends on your preference, but I like the ability with WinEQ to have windows take up part of the screen and then by choice make them full screen (windowed but full screen emulated). With IS if you focus a window it goes into the primary window box whether you want it to or not. I don't like being forced into changing the size / location of a window just because I focus it. That is why I stick with WinEQ.

For some people it's great though, as I said it's personal preference. Just giving you a view from someone that does not like innerspace / isboxer in it's current configuration.

If you are use to WinEQ for EQ innerspace kind of sucks imo. It really depends on your preference, but I like the ability with WinEQ to have windows take up part of the screen and then by choice make them full screen (windowed but full screen emulated). With IS if you focus a window it goes into the primary window box whether you want it to or not. I don't like being forced into changing the size / location of a window just because I focus it. That is why I stick with WinEQ.

For some people it's great though, as I said it's personal preference. Just giving you a view from someone that does not like innerspace / isboxer in it's current configuration.

Ahh, so my issues aren't unusual. I'm finding that tiled windows the way I like 'em is definitely my preference. Plus, EQBC gives me most of the functionality I want as far as control is concerned.

ISBoxer and EQ work best with a dual monitor set up with 5 or 6 accounts running at least thats how I found it to work the best active window takes up main screen with the other 4 doing 1/4 or 1/6(5 spots filled 1 empty)

Innerspace allows you to set things up exactly like that. I'm assuming you're talking about ISboxer, which is a script made to help people with boxing, but can be modified to do exactly what you're trying. Innerspace is way better than WinEQ, it just requires slightly more effort to get things the way you like them.

I use IS + ISBoxer constantly.

It's worth the time.

You can't use fullscreen, but if you window it properly, it will basically be full screen but showing the windows start bar is how I have it set up.
When the game is run in minimized mode, you can use an emulated full screen mode by hitting Shift Alt F, a normal window with Shift Alt N, and a tiny one with Shift Alt T

Last edited:
Innerspace allows you to set things up exactly like that. I'm assuming you're talking about ISboxer, which is a script made to help people with boxing, but can be modified to do exactly what you're trying. Innerspace is way better than WinEQ, it just requires slightly more effort to get things the way you like them.

Xeniaz speaks the truth, I was just about to post this and he beat me. You can make it work any way you wish, you just have to spend the time on it. It's not as user friendly as WinEQ, but it is far more powerful.

The problem I'm having with innerspace / isboxer atm is almost every time I minimize an instance of EQ, I cannot pull it back up. Other than that, I love the dual monitor functionality.

The problem I'm having with innerspace / isboxer atm is almost every time I minimize an instance of EQ, I cannot pull it back up. Other than that, I love the dual monitor functionality.

Are you using the windows feature showdesktop to minimize? If so that is your problem.

I use Innerspace and IsBoxer and they work great on a single or dual screen setup.

When the game is run in minimized mode, you can use an emulated full screen mode by hitting Shift Alt F, a normal window with Shift Alt N, and a tiny one with Shift Alt T

Lol Xeniaz if you know how to set up Innerspace to work like WinEQ and not always force a window to be in the main window just by focusing it, do share.

I've talked directly to Lav, who wrote the software and he himself told me the support for what I wanted to do wasn't in yet. That was probably about 2 months ago, and as far as I know it hasn't changed since.

Last edited:
Lol Xeniaz if you know how to set up Innerspace to work like WinEQ and not always force a window to be in the main window just by focusing it, do share.

I've talked directly to Lav, who wrote the software and he himself told me the support for what I wanted to do wasn't in yet. That was probably about 2 months ago, and as far as I know it hasn't changed since.

Isn't this exactly what the Main Region Switcher > 'Swap Hot Character to Main Region' option does?

Isn't this exactly what the Main Region Switcher > 'Swap Hot Character to Main Region' option does?

Yes, and also the whole damn thing is an iss script that can be edited by the end user. If the functionality doesn't suite you, you can change it however you like.

Anyone else crashing?

I noticed that when I load my two toons with innerspace I run fine. But when someone joins my group that isn't in my home the second toon to load continues to crash. Anyone else running into this issue?

is+is boxxer full screen

I got full screen working well with a duel monitor setup.. the small windows on one, full screen selected window or working window on the other.
But besides window placement and ease of use I'm having a hard time realizing IS' s true power.. one problem I have is auto launching all of my account with one click.. oddly this works great on my notebook. But when I try load a char set on my desktop nothing happens I'm forced to load each account one by one only after they are all up can I then select the cHar set and IS boxxer will resize and place all 6 windows as I configured them.

I'm not really sure what IS is good for besides window placement and ease of use. Came here looking for ideas on how to use it.

I don't have isboxer or anything. I'm used to old school boxing but then again, I run 3 at most lol. Ironically, I have dual monitors, but one of them is a 52" widescreen plasma whereas my regular monitor is a 17" square. Makes it really hard to use both since the resolutions are different.