Anyone Help With a Problem?

MamaBear

Premium Member
Reaction score
Since our last couple downloads I cannot run WinEQ without getting "wrong Client" message
Without anything running but Everquest one account has the window messed up and I can't find any reason, all settings are the same on both accounts but only one has the problem.
In case my picture does not load, I am getting black screen all but the upper left has the normal landscapes but cut off half size or less.

I did try all the settings on display, the picture is full and normal if i set the screen to non windowed.
Appreciate any help
thanks Mamabear
So

Cannot use WINEQ

Both accounts are on the same windows 10 computer

The window remains messed up the same running MQ2
BUT the window is normal on the login screen!
n1e0sp.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't used WINEQ for years, but I know I had to disable EQPlayer Nice when there was a new patch and WINEQ hadn't been updated yet for the new patch. It's only thing I can think of for "wrong client"

Can try that, or wait and it should resolve itself.

I haven't used WINEQ for years, but I know I had to disable EQPlayer Nice when there was a new patch and WINEQ hadn't been updated yet for the new patch. It's only thing I can think of for "wrong client"

Can try that, or wait and it should resolve itself.

Thank you, I did make sure play nice was off, I didn't know wineq gets updated with the patches? I have never done anything so it must be automatic?

I finally installed it new, actually several times and even copied the one from the woking pc over but nothing worked.

At this point that is the least of the problem my window remains partial not running anything but EQ and the other on the same computer is fine.

anyway I realize this is not a problem with your part of it so was hoping someone on here may have seen something like this I can not find an answer anywhere.

Another odd thing I just noticed the trader on the same account is in a normal window.

try deleting UI_Toonname_servername.ini before starting EQ

I don't have any advice for your but I will make an observation.

I stopped using WinEQ2 about 4 years ago. I was a 10yr+ paid user and I could not get WinEQ2 to work and I got no response to my requests for assistance.

MQ2 can do most everything that WinEQ2 does, except for the window scaling and placement.

try deleting UI_Toonname_servername.ini before starting EQ

Thank you I will try that.

Ok tried that didn't work, thank you for the first suggestion I have had from anywhere though.

Last edited:
I don't have any advice for your but I will make an observation.

I stopped using WinEQ2 about 4 years ago. I was a 10yr+ paid user and I could not get WinEQ2 to work and I got no response to my requests for assistance.

MQ2 can do most everything that WinEQ2 does, except for the window scaling and placement.

Yes I have used it (free) mainly because I can't see too good and the one on the MQ2 title window is really small it can't show the name really big in caps.
I only have used it to see the tabs with names :)

it also makes it easier to log in two instances at once I think.

Is there a way to rename each window on the taskbar with the MMOBugs launcher? Or even just remove the word "Everquest" so you just see the toon name?

Is there a way to rename each window on the taskbar with the MMOBugs launcher? Or even just remove the word "Everquest" so you just see the toon name?

Create a file called zoned.cfg in your main MQ folder ( where macroquest2.ext lives )

In the file place the following line:

Code:
/setwintitle ${Me.Name}

Each time you zone, it sets the window title to your character name.

the mystery

trader screen normal
So what is the difference between those screens and the main char screen

Same computer same settings other instance/account all normal

trader screen normal

Does this problem happen on every single character on that computer?

Tried messing with options on login screen?

I'd try fresh install of EQ as last resort.

trader screen normal

Thank you, so this problem was solved by /viewport reset!!! Very happy with this but I have another problem

I am trying to set up the loader so that i can skip WINEQ
After setting up my MAIN Launch Group if I try to use it I get the Wrong Client Version message, also I get an odd line on my sign in page.

If I log in with EQ and then start MMOBugs in injects and works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

My log in looks like this when using the Launch Group
2vcgnr7.jpg
[/IMG]

trader screen normal

Thank you, so this problem was solved by /viewport reset!!! Very happy with this but I have another problem

I am trying to set up the loader so that i can skip WINEQ
After setting up my MAIN Launch Group if I try to use it I get the Wrong Client Version message, also I get an odd line on my sign in page.

If I log in with EQ and then start MMOBugs in injects and works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

My log in looks like this when using the Launch Group
2vcgnr7.jpg
[/IMG]

Quick note on the text on her login since it looks like weird characters but she just scribbled out the toon name for security so the string its adding there is,
"loginprofile_servername:toonname"
I cant figure out why it would put that there but I was out of EQ for five years before now so you could fill a thimble with what I still know about it.

Quick note on the text on her login since it looks like weird characters but she just scribbled out the toon name for security so the string its adding there is,
I cant figure out why it would put that there but I was out of EQ for five years before now so you could fill a thimble with what I still know about it.

MQ2AutoLogin - MMOBugs Wiki

If you use WinEQ2 I think you need to be using UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=0

MQ2AutoLogin - MMOBugs Wiki

If you use WinEQ2 I think you need to be using UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=0
WINEQ not working so I am trying to set up with Bugs group launch.

Incorrect Client Version surely is pointing to the wrong eqgame.exe (that is not up to date). Are you sure your eqgame location for each profile member is correct?

That odd entry in your login box for EQ is due to how it was launched, so that mq2autologin sees it and changes it and takes off.

htw

/setwintitle whateveryouwant

this is a function in base mq2 i believe so you dont need any special plugin to do it.

As for window placement and resizing google autosizer. It will resize windows and move them around based on the title of the window.

Incorrect Client Version surely is pointing to the wrong eqgame.exe (that is not up to date). Are you sure your eqgame location for each profile member is correct?

That odd entry in your login box for EQ is due to how it was launched, so that mq2autologin sees it and changes it and takes off.

htw

Just to confirm, when setting up the Everquest Launcher in the MMOLoader you can setup your default eq directory and when you click on the directory for each account you are setting up, the directory path turns green. Does this indicate that it has effectively located the everquest.exe or is it just turning green because its the default?