Another necro nerf

MissTerious

Lifetime member
Reaction score
The patch scheduled for 4/20/21 is going to reduce necromancer power again. Was there an exploit I didn't hear about or is this just "retuning" again?

• Sad
Reactions: EQDAB
where is yur "proof"....../patch notes
What are they nerfing?

All I see is " - Necromancer - Increased the damage done by Withering Decay, Sphere of Blight, Sphere of Withering, and Sphere of Dissolution. Decreased the damage done by Echo of Dissolution, Remote Sphere of Decay, Remote Sphere of Blight, and Remote Sphere of Withering. Increased the mana costs of the entire line. "

Ahh, maybe they are...here is what this guy posted on the Daybreak forums. source - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-04-13-21-patch-notes-and-discussions.274393/

They bumped the lower level versions, and lowered the higher level versions. Its not a gain past level 98. So on TLP it will be a boost, but the dmg is quite low even for those levels). The 98 got a nice boost, but the higher ones got a large reduction.

I am not saying its good or bad, just to correct the statement

Using rank 1 examples

Level 83 Withering Decay --Decrease Current Hit Points by 540' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 945
Level 88 Sphere of Blight --Decrease Current Hit Points by 683' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 1159
Level 93 Sphere of Withering -- Decrease Current Hit Points by 1507' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 1883
Level 98 Sphere of Dissolution -- Decrease Current Hit Points by 1869' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 10381

Lowered
Level 103 Echo of Dissolution -- Decrease Current Hit Points by 23124' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 19655
Level 104 Remote Sphere of Decay -- Decrease Current Hit Points by 101336' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 37080
Level 109 Remote Sphere of Blight --Decrease Current Hit Points by 117309' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 44969
Level 113 Remote Sphare of Withering -- Decrease Current Hit Points by 135153' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 54536

I'm more for boosting others vs nerfing people, but at least in our guild, the gap between necros and everyone else on any length event is too large. This is especially true for necro vs wizzy on short fights.

I'd like to see some balance and bounce between the classes (long fight vs short, 1 target vs 2 targets vs 10 targets). Right now necros dominate long, short, medium, 1 mob, multiple mobs, lots of mobs in pretty much every scenario.

It is rare to see a raid guild looking for wizards these days. They also increased the mana cost on those remote necro spells. 8000 is nothing to a wizard but their DPS was so high, I had SondraMarie level up my favorite necro for me. (I'm a wizard main.) When I get in on something, you can predict an incoming nerf. (Rangers, SKs, etc.)

Reactions: MamaBear
I heard today that this nerf was due to the remote spells being used like they were supposed to by raid guilds.

• Angry
Reactions: EQDAB