Advanced Assist button.

EvenLessSpam

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's nothing big, but I find this little snippet invaluable in raids and groups (and when soloing).

Create a new hotkey for assisting, just like you'd create any hotkey (social hotbutton).
Give it whatever name you wish ("Assist" would be a good name ;) ), then paste the following into the first macro line:
Code:
/assist ${If[${Target.ID},,${If[${Raid.Members},raid,${If[${Group.Members},group,]}]}]}

If you can't paste inside EQ, go into options (Ctrl+O), under the "Keys" tab select the category "UI". Scroll down and find the 4th last entry called "Paste from Clipboard". Set whatever key combo you wish, Ctrl+V is a good choice. Now you can psate stuff in EQ where the cursor is active.

Okay, the code line is really simple.
If you have a target, it will /assist your target (just regular /assist with no parameters).
If you're in a raid (and have no target), it will /assist raid.
If you're in a group (and not in a raid, and have no target), it will /assist group.

OH, I like this one! Saves having to change my damned assist key all the time ><

It's nothing big, but I find this little snippet invaluable in raids and groups (and when soloing).

Create a new hotkey for assisting, just like you'd create any hotkey (social hotbutton).
Give it whatever name you wish ("Assist" would be a good name ;) ), then paste the following into the first macro line:
Code:
/assist ${If[${Target.ID},,${If[${Raid.Members},raid,${If[${Group.Members},group,]}]}]}

If you can't paste inside EQ, go into options (Ctrl+O), under the "Keys" tab select the category "UI". Scroll down and find the 4th last entry called "Paste from Clipboard". Set whatever key combo you wish, Ctrl+V is a good choice. Now you can psate stuff in EQ where the cursor is active.

Okay, the code line is really simple.
If you have a target, it will /assist your target (just regular /assist with no parameters).
If you're in a raid (and have no target), it will /assist raid.
If you're in a group (and not in a raid, and have no target), it will /assist group.

is this using mq2 or just normal in game?

It uses MacroQuest

/assist main

^ does the exact same thing, and is built into the game

/assist main first tries to assist raid MA. if none exists, it tries to assist group MA. I use this on raids and groups all the time and works fine

hey this is cool
Would this work if you set /assist in the Macroquest.ini file so that it reads
Code:
/assist=/assist ${If[${Target.ID},,${If[${Raid.Members},raid,${If[${Group.Members},group,]}]}]}

Then all you'd ever have to do is type /assist. I don't like putting MQ2 commands in hotkeys.

hey this is cool
Would this work if you set /assist in the Macroquest.ini file so that it reads
Code:
/assist=/assist ${If[${Target.ID},,${If[${Raid.Members},raid,${If[${Group.Members},group,]}]}]}

Then all you'd ever have to do is type /assist. I don't like putting MQ2 commands in hotkeys.

hmm. i might try that. it's worth a shot. :cool:

Why 10 year old thread necro tho. =x

Since it's been necroed, and my question is related, is there an /assist key word for secondary or tertiary raid assists?

/assist main is great and all, but if you need to assist the second raid assist, you have to use /xtarget shenanigans unless i just can't find the command~