Account Suspended

I am not a coder but was watching /gen chat and an avid raider said something: 64Bit is going to make loading smoother pulse they can add anti-hack methods to this program to catch a cheater.

The biggest change going from 32bit to 64bit is allowing the application access to more memory.

The anti hack comment likely came from a post from the EQ program management that lays out the plans for 2022 which includes:

• Throughout the Year:
    • Raid Zone Performance Improvements
    • Class Tuning and Balancing
    • Anti-Cheat Improvements

From what I've seen I believe they are logging some (unknown) 'metrics' and once every so often they run a script that throws out random suspensions to anyone who has tripped those metrics.

Reactions: Marnan
CWTN with the insider trading news.. Person of many talents!.

I just looked up the stock price and viewed the past 5 years. Saw the uptick in feb 2020 and googled it until I found some information related to them around that time period. This is information everyone would have access to. In order for it to be insider information I'd have to have access to some confidential information that would effect the stock price in the near future and use that information to make trades on the exchange to my advantage. This is something anyone can look up after it's happened. The real talent is being able to see a beneficial trend, or make a determination with public information to exchange stock to your own advantage. Which I am neither talented enough, or lucky enough to do :p

I just looked up the stock price and viewed the past 5 years. Saw the uptick in feb 2020 and googled it until I found some information related to them around that time period. This is information everyone would have access to. In order for it to be insider information I'd have to have access to some confidential information that would effect the stock price in the near future and use that information to make trades on the exchange to my advantage. This is something anyone can look up after it's happened. The real talent is being able to see a beneficial trend, or make a determination with public information to exchange stock to your own advantage. Which I am neither talented enough, or lucky enough to do :p

Stock price probably surged in 2020 due to pandemic and SIP.

EQ only has 80k active accounts. Accounts not users. Even if you assume the avg mq2 user plays 6 accounts we're vastly out numbered compared to non mq2 users.

I thought it was 65k paid accounts last time they had something out.

I would have guessed something more like 40k clean and 25k owned by MQ2 users. Would be an interesting number to know.

Reactions: MissTerious
I thought it was 65k paid accounts last time they had something out.

I would have guessed something more like 40k clean and 25k owned by MQ2 users. Would be an interesting number to know.

it was 60kish all access and 80k ish active

Ticks me off more that I got hit when they have not done more than if they had hit everybody.

so how many are still using this "magic powder"? I am sacred to right now, due to getting suspended twice in one month. and what are you using? I would be happy right now to use just the casting feature.

I never stopped using. I don't worry about getting suspended or banned. It's part of using this. There is always that chance you get hit and since I accepted that a long time ago I never stop even during these types of events.

Reactions: nytemyst72
I never stopped using. I don't worry about getting suspended or banned. It's part of using this. There is always that chance you get hit and since I accepted that a long time ago I never stop even during these types of events.
That is the spirit! I knew the first time many years ago when I chose this path is wasn't for the feint of heart if you are attached to your toons. I am 50 now...I just want to enjoy things so that is what I do. I smoke a cigar...I have a drink....I play Everquest. I would have quit long ago if not for the ability to group all the time everytime instead of tradeskill for hours while lfg and switching servers all for naught. So if it ends tomorrow I still got probably 10 more years I wouldn't have had while playing World of Warcrap or some other game. Certainty of death? Small chance of sucess? Well what are we waitin for haha

Reactions: Peon25
If it makes anyone feel better - their stock price is tanking...

It's funny and sad at the same time. I bought 1000 shares in Dec 2019. I had high hopes for new management focusing on making money. The real problem is people at db think "their game" is theirs. PERIOD. Legally, they're right. Unfortunately, it's poorly managed.

DB punishes people almost randomly and doles out punishments with how they feel at the time and then has blanket generic reasons for their actions. If you are trying to stop an action, you correct the offender when it's happening. Their actions are the equivalent of punishing an animal for misbehaving last month and yelling "NO". You don't get good results for these actions. There's plenty of people with psychology degrees and qualifications that are out of work atm. Some of them could easily be hired to take care of customer service and it wouldn't be considered such a joke from every customer.

The fact is, daybreak provides an incredible list of things to complain about. The problems are varied enough that some of the managers should do jail time. Each of us have some kind of story and many illegal ones can be seen at https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-diego...eak-game-company-llc-1126-11000350/complaints

I had so much hope for when Jennifer Chan got placed in charge of the game. She's extremely intelligent and capable, but hasn't applied this to the service side of outfit.

Needless to say, I love Everquest and will let those shares go to $0, if it comes to that. Maybe Ji Ham will get involved with his companies and put fixes in place for some of the issues.

EQ only has 80k active accounts. Accounts not users. Even if you assume the avg mq2 user plays 6 accounts we're vastly out numbered compared to non mq2 users.

Do they have 80k gold accounts or does active accounts include FTP accounts? Between 3 friends and my own accounts, we've got 132 atm, and growing. If we're only including gold accounts, 65.

I HAD 45 gold accounts of my own. Now I only have 9 gold at a time, and rotate others to FTP when done with AAs. I'd have more gold if I had faith that daybreak would back the hell off people who aren't causing trouble.

When you suspend only someones clerics or tanks when they were always only grouped together, you''re sending a poor message. The result is every non-essential accounts will be gold when needed - no unnecessary profit for you.

I logged right back in with MQ once unsuspended - knowing that if they ever ban my accounts I'll just peace out and not come back. I do enjoy playing but not enough to go through regearing all of it all over again.

Funny enough pretty much agree with last 2 comments, dropped all my accounts to silver but main one, many have several toons so I am easy to let a few months off just overseeing to 120 all of them. Fact is wouldn't it been because of MQ I would have stopped playing and pooring money in the game long ago. I don't disturb other people in zone, contest camps, whatever, I do my stuff anywhere else I can't cause trouble and use MQ to spare me of hours doing the same repetitive stuff and not depending on personal or other people class / numbers online. And asides this, personally it has became more rewarding working with MQ coding related stuff than playing the game itself.
The game has always been a time sink, but long ago that time sink was rewarding, challenging or interesting at least. Now other than the first time you run thru a new exp it's more or less ok, then all that is left is a robot grindy and repetitive not fun chore, so it's not surprising more and more people either leave or resort to tools to do the robotic chores while they play live the little bits that are fun, and even more so when there is little ppl left around to do those chores solo.

• Love
One out of 6 accounts suspendered today for 7 days. It was my main account. No active hacks. Been using MQNext. Keep to myself when boxing . Don't use MQ while raiding. It really makes no difference to me as the game has become downright boring especially with this expansion. I need a break anyways. Been playing for nearly 20 years . Maybe it time to just hang it up and move on.

Yep another round right before T2 raids. Guess they are hoping players will shame guild members into stopping if it impacts raids.

One out of 6 accounts suspendered today for 7 days. It was my main account. No active hacks. Been using MQNext. Keep to myself when boxing . Don't use MQ while raiding. It really makes no difference to me as the game has become downright boring especially with this expansion. I need a break anyways. Been playing for nearly 20 years . Maybe it time to just hang it up and move on.
What did you tell your raid guild about your absence? Just nosy.

What did you tell your raid guild about your absence? Just nosy.
The truth. Several in the guild have been suspended. Like I said I don't use MQ on raids. I started using it when I couldn't find groups way back and got tried of lfg for hours. They are shooting themselves in the foot if they make these bans. We were having issues getting enough to even raid the last 6 months. Player base is really dropping .

It's funny and sad at the same time. I bought 1000 shares in Dec 2019. I had high hopes for new management focusing on making money. The real problem is people at db think "their game" is theirs. PERIOD. Legally, they're right. Unfortunately, it's poorly managed.

DB punishes people almost randomly and doles out punishments with how they feel at the time and then has blanket generic reasons for their actions. If you are trying to stop an action, you correct the offender when it's happening. Their actions are the equivalent of punishing an animal for misbehaving last month and yelling "NO". You don't get good results for these actions. There's plenty of people with psychology degrees and qualifications that are out of work atm. Some of them could easily be hired to take care of customer service and it wouldn't be considered such a joke from every customer.

The fact is, daybreak provides an incredible list of things to complain about. The problems are varied enough that some of the managers should do jail time. Each of us have some kind of story and many illegal ones can be seen at https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-diego...eak-game-company-llc-1126-11000350/complaints

I had so much hope for when Jennifer Chan got placed in charge of the game. She's extremely intelligent and capable, but hasn't applied this to the service side of outfit.

Needless to say, I love Everquest and will let those shares go to $0, if it comes to that. Maybe Ji Ham will get involved with his companies and put fixes in place for some of the issues.

You're right about them not understanding the first thing about the psychology of gaming, or even how to keep their employees happy. Maybe it's a badge of courage to be so far out of step with the public. I could do that job from home when one of you decides to buy the company and put Jen in charge.

Reactions: EQDAB
Seriously sounds like an attempt to sow fear during the conversion to x64. Many unknowns yet, keep breathing & try to resist the urge to lash out anywhere. And don't foolishly attempt to 'test' a lot is changing. But rest assured we have the best team in the biz working for us here. Patience is required, deal with it. Oh and I'm not discounting anyone's loss I truly feel for all those.