Account Suspended

Question for those suspended. Have you been killing in TOL zones since release ? Do you have any toons suspended that were never in a TOL zone xping ?
Yes had been in TOL zones, but never AFK out there. I just AFK overseer in guild hall when I'm not around.

Out of the people I personally know that have been hit, it generally looks like the toons we 'main' or those we type with. So our main focus toons and those who we use to respond to tells (like our clerics telling people things).

I thought there was a gentleman's agreement a while back that if MQ did not work on the truebox servers they would not be this harsh on the other servers over use of MQ except in the extreme cases.

Reactions: MissTerious
I thought there was a gentleman's agreement a while back that if MQ did not work on the truebox servers they would not be this harsh on the other servers over use of MQ except in the extreme cases.

I am certainly not an insider privy to any information, but I suspect that any agreement would have been with the previous manager who left about a year ago for blizzard.

Regardless of any agreements, there seems to be a fairly healthy underground "MQ2/hacker" truebox community so

I am certainly not an insider privy to any information, but I suspect that any agreement would have been with the previous manager who left about a year ago for blizzard.

Regardless of any agreements, there seems to be a fairly healthy underground "MQ2/hacker" truebox community so
Interestingly enough, the "box friendly" Rizlona doesn't appear to have anyone impacted. I don't hear any reports from my friends guilds that anyone there was hit, and they actively warp and piggy everywhere.

Have not seen anything about another wave. Maybe they are waiting for the first batch to be back before they hit more so it does not cripple the game. Or it just shows they really don't care about punishing everybody and just randomly selected some to "send a message".

Was an agreement with holly, but she left. And it was never really known how enforceable it was. But they also haven't come down very hard on usage compared to if they really wanted to stop mq.

I did have an account on rizlona that got a 7 vacation for warping. I know this from a gm friend who wasn't involved. But I haven't warped with him ever. Was just reported that I had warped on one of the 18 to 30 chars I was running. And apparently the gm's were arguing if it was warranted. I didn't petition to complain about it. Didn't seem worth fighting over. Yes I'm cheating, just not how you think i am...

I'm not sure besides eqmule saying so if we have any real proof of what was actually agreed to. I simply think he used it as a way to close the source and control mq.

I got hit back on Friday as well - just seeing this thread. 3 of 8 accounts suspended.

What server? - Bristlebane
MQ2 or MQNext? - MQ2
MMOLoader --> Options --> Active Counters, Anything listed: Bardlicky (192) - Doorsstayopen (1) - EZfollow (1) - HideRun (1) - nomountmodels (1).

And bard didn't get suspended (also haven't used that function in a couple months).

well, rizlona guild leaders did get dreamweaver to sit down with them in discord where they had a discussion on what could be done to reduce/eliminate suspensions on rizlona related to mq use. dreamweaver stated that they could see what plugins people were running and that noone using rg's very vanilla default plugins had been suspended just for running mq, only suspended for how mq was being used (afk farming, being a dick in game drawing attention to it, etc), least per my understanding of what was said because i wasn't in it. given that everyone using mq hasn't been suspended/banned, i am left believing that they have some reason to tolerate its usage. since they were tolerating it before mule was said to have made that agreement, i can easily see them making it with him because they loss nothing and gain a lock for the tlps.

I don't know for sure that they can see what plugins are being run. But I do know that if they wanted to, they could spend $10 to get a rg sub, $10 to get a bugs sub, $5 to get builder, and then figure out how everything works and build in something to track usage. They would spend more money on paying someone to do it than they would spend on the subs, so doing that wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities.

*edit* Dreamweaver meeting basically said we are tolerating mq usage, don't be a dick drawing attention to your 30 box crew, don't afk kill stuff, don't warp/ghostkill/etc and we will probably leave you alone.

well, rizlona guild leaders did get dreamweaver to sit down with them in discord where they had a discussion on what could be done to reduce/eliminate suspensions on rizlona related to mq use. dreamweaver stated that they could see what plugins people were running and that noone using rg's very vanilla default plugins had been suspended just for running mq, only suspended for how mq was being used (afk farming, being a dick in game drawing attention to it, etc), least per my understanding of what was said because i wasn't in it. given that everyone using mq hasn't been suspended/banned, i am left believing that they have some reason to tolerate its usage. since they were tolerating it before mule was said to have made that agreement, i can easily see them making it with him because they loss nothing and gain a lock for the tlps.

I don't know for sure that they can see what plugins are being run. But I do know that if they wanted to, they could spend $10 to get a rg sub, $10 to get a bugs sub, $5 to get builder, and then figure out how everything works and build in something to track usage. They would spend more money on paying someone to do it than they would spend on the subs, so doing that wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities.

*edit* Dreamweaver meeting basically said we are tolerating mq usage, don't be a dick drawing attention to your 30 box crew, don't afk kill stuff, don't warp/ghostkill/etc and we will probably leave you alone.

They know because of eqmule. mq2ic was caught reporting people to woebot using the in game mail system.

• Angry
That didn't report the plugins that were being used. And if it was reporting everyone, why isn't everyone banned? Yes it reported some people by mistake, but as i understand it, mq2ic's reporting was supposed to be if it was being used on a truebox server. If mule wanted mq to go away, he could have done it very quickly after locking all the stuff with mq2ic. If he doesn't want mq to go away, why would he have anything be intentionally reported that was outside of his agreement? Yes, something screwed up and reported, but i really don't see it as intentional. MQ encounters bugs all the time.

That didn't report the plugins that were being used. And if it was reporting everyone, why isn't everyone banned? Yes it reported some people by mistake, but as i understand it, mq2ic's reporting was supposed to be if it was being used on a truebox server. If mule wanted mq to go away, he could have done it very quickly after locking all the stuff with mq2ic. If he doesn't want mq to go away, why would he have anything be intentionally reported that was outside of his agreement? Yes, something screwed up and reported, but i really don't see it as intentional. MQ encounters bugs all the time.

We have no idea how many it mistakenly reported because he will not say. He knows the answer every mail was CC to his character also.

Ya, he fucked that up. But my point was that dreamweaver was saying they could see which plugins people were using, implying that they in some way (or atleast could at some point) track atleast some mq usage, and again, according to what dreamweaver was saying, people weren't being banned for it by itself. So either the agreement that they might have made was working, or they don't care about basic mq usage by itself, only certain triggers or being a dick/drawing attention to yourself.

While it sucks that accounts are suspended, the same old rules apply. You can be banned at any time, you are breaking the rules using this stuff.

Agreement or not, pretend like it doesnt exist because it more than likely doesnt. Holly and dream are both gone from the game, and they seem to have had their heads on at least a little bit.

Dont draw unneeded attention, and dont do anything on accounts you are not willing to lose.

Me personally, I find it funny that DB wants to delete any post bringing it up, and wants to give such a vague blanket statement as to why they are suspending/banning. Why did that wave 6 months ago target bertox? Was it done in error? Was it an example? Did they just decide to test out their detection methods? Who knows.

Since several others and I got banned that don't use any of the active plugs only the map they either have decided that all usage is back to being a bannable offense and are going to do it. Or they just wanted to do a random whack and see what happened. There is no logic that I can see to how they chose who to ban.

Borneal, any overseer, afk buff bot, or baz price manager?

Ya, he fucked that up. But my point was that dreamweaver was saying they could see which plugins people were using, implying that they in some way (or atleast could at some point) track atleast some mq usage, and again, according to what dreamweaver was saying, people weren't being banned for it by itself. So either the agreement that they might have made was working, or they don't care about basic mq usage by itself, only certain triggers or being a dick/drawing attention to yourself.

I put about as much faith in what dreamweaver says as I do eqmule. He put code in mq2ic that let daybreak know you're using mq2 who knows what other info he was giving them that wasnt in the mail.

Nope nada. Well I guess I did use the MQ Screenshot tool on one of two that were suspended.