account reclaimed

supertimmy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
i recently bought an account from a friend who needed some rl pp and i thought i could use the toon to have some fun. from what i understand, my friend was the second owner. we used pa because paypal is being stupid w/ their sending limits.

anywho, transfer went smooth. got account. server and name changed. been swamped at work so haven't played in two weeks. try to log in today and of course account pw has been changed. check my other toons and the toon has been removed from my fellowship.

i did change the primary email but i never got a notice from SOE stating that primary email was being changed or pw was being changed. i've double and triple checked this. didn't happen.

and while i can't be 100 percent certain that my "friend" isn't behind the reclaim, i'm reasonably certain it isn't him.

the best part of this fiasco is i'm still paying for the account subscription.

i really don't care about getting my money back for the account. i need to learn a lesson i guess and the cash will help that. but i'd like to get this autosubscription off my credit card and truth me told, if i could get that account banned that would be pretty sweet too. i put a lot of cash into server and name changes and a few ornamentations for shit. not to mention gear and aa.

do i have any options w/ SoE? again, reclaiming the reclaimed account is not a priority but getting my cc off it would be a nice.

Start a chat help session with a SOE CS rep. Explain the situation. You already know you won't get the account back, since you need *every* single piece of information, including most importantly the original CC info.

However, they will definitely cancel the subscription if you provide them with the info for the CC currently used to bill the account. And they'll remove it from the payment history as well.

Try PA too

I think PlayerAuctions guarantees all their accounts for 14 days and beyond that you can buy additional protection - has that period sunset already? If not, PA claims that they will replace the account (or at least give you your money towards another one that is for sale).

Last edited:
At this point ban the account. Its rather easy if you call them and tell them your friend sold you the account then reclaimed it. They will ban it so he can not resell it typically.

It's hard to prove that the account is gone for PA's "insurance". I just recently ran into someone claiming an account back and after a week's worth of emails they told me I needed to have screenshots of being able to log into the account .. after the pw was changed heh... so good luck on that one suggest just try to get it banned like JJ said.

PA

It's hard to prove that the account is gone for PA's "insurance". I just recently ran into someone claiming an account back and after a week's worth of emails they told me I needed to have screenshots of being able to log into the account .. after the pw was changed heh... so good luck on that one suggest just try to get it banned like JJ said.

That does not surprise me, actually. I have never actually seen or heard of anyone using the "insurance" you get with a PA purchase but they represent that cost is part of the 20 % ass raping they charge sellers. I was under the impression that all you had to do was report it stolen and they would verify it and then give you a credit on their site. The verification step being impossible is a nice touch.

i hate PA now~~

They said i have to send $450 to unlock my account because i offered to sell to a customer outside of PA to avoid fee's. I do that a lot and offer discounts etc to help make a buyer make the decision, never scam though. but i got screwed hard on this one!

Re-Damn-Diculous!

LOL if they think im sending them $450.

PA

Not to derail but their site is shit lately and the last half dozen buyers I have had were put through the ringer on the verification side. And god help 'em if they are trying to buy something over $1,000 as PA will want a CASH transfer to do it. It is still free advertising, though. How did they catch you mjtizzle?

Anyone, to the OP, cannot hurt to ask PA to help you since you bought it there. Presumably PA has all the original info on the account (although I know for a fact they do not verify it at all). Otherwise you can do the usual; ban the account, charge back the payment, etc. Sounds like it has not been that long.

PA grilled me for about 20 minutes because i told them there was no way in hell they were getting a full copy of my license (it displays SSN). They eventually let me cover up basically everything but the face and name and address.

Yeah sorry to derail but I have to agree...PA is useless. Good for browsing toons for sale, HORRIBLE for actually buying/selling. Find something you like, e-mail the seller, do it through PayPal. Their "security" and "insurance" are a total scam.

i hate PA now~~

They said i have to send $450 to unlock my account because i offered to sell to a customer outside of PA to avoid fee's. I do that a lot and offer discounts etc to help make a buyer make the decision, never scam though. but i got screwed hard on this one!

Re-Damn-Diculous!

LOL if they think im sending them $450.

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. PA said I had to send them money because the original owner of a WoW account reclaimed the account that I was selling so it was pending investigation. And in order for me to buy a new account, they wanted an additional payment sent through a bank transfer that they would refund.

I was like hell no I am not sending you guys money...PA has gone down the tubes...far down. And asking to talk to a manager doesn't help, they'll never call.

Last edited:
yep. even before they hit me with that, they made it so you had to attach a photo ID + screen shot of you logging into the account for each "for sale" posting. i understand for security reasons but why not just make you attach the photo ID a one time deal instead of having to do it EVERY time you post something.

All in all, if i knew how to make a solid website i'd make MjtizzleAuctions and make trades super cheap! if anyone wants to get serious and partner up let me know =] i suppose we could change the name also!

To the OP - I would bet money that it was your "friend". Unless you know this guy in RL, I'm guessing that he doesn't give a crap about you. It's way too "convenient" that just weeks after you buy it, it gets reclaimed. I'd start grilling your friend harder.