A little confused

greyhare

Reaction score
when I try to run MQ2 I get a notice that there is a new version but when I download and install the latest release I still get that notice and the program will not run in game, telling me that the version does not match.

Is just that with todays update that the version has already been outdated? I admit that it has been awhile since I logged in due to RL problems.

Thank you all in advance

Reactions: EQDAB
Well, there is no version out right now for live servers. We should be getting an update for it later this evening (hopefully, fingers crossed).

As far as normally, there are updates after patch days to fix minor things that didn't get fixed in the patch day patch or things that the devs have added/changed for any number of reasons. I am not sure if you are saying you have had this issue at other times, but if so, make sure you close eq all together before updating as having mq loaded in eq will prevent these patches from applying. If you already have eq loaded when you update, it will open the old mq and inject it before updating mq.

No, this is a problem that popped up today but in honesty I have been away from Live for two weeks about. I was not sure how it worked, I have not activly used MQ for almost 12 years or so. I am beginning all over again.

Thank you for the quick answer and for having patience while I stumble through .

Then the issue is just that eq got patched. I do see where the mq devs have a version out. So now we are just waiting for mmobugs to get their custom plugins updated.

No, this is a problem that popped up today but in honesty I have been away from Live for two weeks about. I was not sure how it worked, I have not activly used MQ for almost 12 years or so. I am beginning all over again.

Thank you for the quick answer and for having patience while I stumble through .

Welcome back! I hope you are well.