85 Cleric self buffs vs group buffs

nitramneb

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got MQ2Bot working for the most part, Haven't been able to figure out how to make cleric use group versions of symbol/AC buffs. They are memmed when bot is launched, did /loadbot before launch. Group is Druid/Chanter/Cleric/SK. Druid and chanter both toss their group buffs, cleric only does single target ac/symbol on self.

Reactions: EQDAB
If I remember correctly, MQ2Bot wasn't programmed to do single target buffs. It was coded to use high end group versions of everything which makes it not great for lower levels.

Problem is, it is doing single buffs instead of group buffs. I manually buff group with Darriana's Mark, and Order of the Resolute, as it will not even admit they exist when I do /loadbot. As soon as cleric get /bot on command, it casts the single target versions on itself, instead of just being happy with the group versions. Level 85, in Underfoot atm, so NOT low level single target stuff.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Those don't show up as a SelfBuff item on /loadbot?

It uses group buffs to keep track of when to recast for group, it was originally programmed to operate simply. However, a self buff if better/higher will be cast on yourself if it sees it's available (it will mem such spells, group or self or maintank etc., in dynamic slot, which by default is 1st spell slot).

You should see the ones it's casting to overwrite when you do: /loadbot

Look at your listing - esp. SelfBuff options. As an example, if the single version of symbol shows up as SelfBuff1 then under your [MQ2Bot] section in your server_char.ini, you would put: SelfBuffIf1=0

Last edited:
Yep - Self buff it is casting is equivalent. It will work the Aegolism line as expected, just not the symbol/AC lines. Default gem I changed to something more workable for me, That was pretty self-explanatory. I tried deleting the class abbreviations from the line in .ini AegoClasses= and left them in the SymbolClasses=, but no effect. When I do /loadbot, Mark of Darianna and Order of The Devout are not listed at all, even though they are both memmed when I do so. The single versions are listed under selfbuffx=, even though they are not memmed in any gem. Single version of Darianna is also listed as buffx=, along with Hand of Gallantry, the aego line. So if it just recognized the group versions as self buffs, it would all work. Not sure what would be involved in adjusting that, though. I'm getting along for the most part, things are generally working, mostly just figuring out stuff to tweak here and there.

Reactions: EQDAB and htw
Thanks to your report - that made me look into it deeper. I found 2 bugs:
1) Some group spells not being detected at all
2) Single being allowed to overwrite a 'line-up' for some group spells

These I am testing, and I believe fixed. I also added a resist line, with ResistClasses.

I should be done testing these changes soon, and will push to include in a release.

• Love