Search results

1. SiegeTank

WTB Agnarr account(s)

Any class, prefer 60-65. Message me with what you have, please.
  2. SiegeTank

Buying Mangler Twink Gear

I loved the Kunark expansion and I'm putzing around with a lowbie toon on Mangler. But not sure I want to grind the low levels "au natural" lol. Anyone reliable selling plat, twink gear or PL services? Let me know thx.
  3. SiegeTank

Odd: account forced to change password

I went to log in to an account that I've had for many years. I hadn't logged in for about a week. I got a message that I need to change the password. This never happens typically. When I got to the password change screen, I entered the old password and then a NEW one (twice to confirm) and got...
  4. SiegeTank

Classic spell icon files

I'm a Luddite in this regard, I prefer the old "classic" spell and buff icons that go back to like 2005. I just could never make out the new ones. Yeah, I'd have probably learned if I had to, but like I said, I'm a Luddite. So every time they issues a new "default" UI I would copy the classic...
  5. SiegeTank

ALLAKHAZAM DOWN

Allakhazam, at least its EQ section (the only part I visit) has been down for days. The latest placeholder page says they've had equipment malfunction. Amazing how dependent you can get on that site. There is NOTHING on the web, including especially DBG's site, which has as much valuable and...
  6. SiegeTank

Question about EoK progression "required" for RoS

Despite buying both expansions for all my accounts I've barely done anything with the new zones other than levelling my toons up to 110 and buying the new spells. I hear you have to do "EoK progression" to be immunized against some kind of aoe spells common in RoS zones. What does this mean...
  7. SiegeTank

Beta info

Anyone got anything interesting to discuss about the beta? I am downloading it now so not sure when I can log in myself. One dude told me level 109 is a true hell level, a la the olden days. Interesting that he's already blasted thru 106-108. Wondering if anyone else has gotten to 109 yet...
  8. SiegeTank

Level 110 INC!

Next xpac has new level cap! Never thought we'd see the day...
  9. SiegeTank

Question about APC Backup UPS

I need a UPS and I found one my business had retired when we closed down a location. It's an APC Back-UPS XS 1500 bought back in June 2011. It turns on fine and provides display info but it appears the batteries have gone "bad" since they won't charge. It has 2 Kung Long model WP1236W batteries...
  10. SiegeTank

Keeping new account anonymous

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure... can you use a Visa gift card to buy a new account and not have to add any identifying info to the account? I want to get a new account PL'd and need to know. Also I have an account which is "pristine" right now but I need to add EoK to it. Can this be...
  11. SiegeTank

Vetra Multicaster hardware

Anyone ever use this: 10 Port USB Keyboard or Mouse broadcaster, Model USB-84A-BC from Vetra You can broadcast keystrokes from one keyboard to up to 10 computers. Yeah, I know there are various software options to do something similar. The most fun I ever had in EQ was when I multiboxed...
  12. SiegeTank

Automating Bazaar trader prices

I'm trying to find an easy way to automate doing across-the-board discounts of the prices on my Bazaar traders. I located the file in which the game stores prices in the format: ItemID=########## where ### is in coppers, so 199kpp is stored as 199000000 The file definitely gets updated...
  13. SiegeTank

TeckNet keyboard

Anyone use this: TeckNet Keyboard ? The Amazon link is: Amazon.com: TeckNet Gryphon LED Illuminated Programmable Gaming Keyboard with Water-Resistant Design, US Layout: Computers & Accessories Has 10 programmable hot keys and what's great there is no resident software required. Up to 40...
  14. SiegeTank

Bolstered Belt of Boromas

I'd like to get some insight into this item before I consider spending 4-5m plat for one on FV. The proc is a slow, up to 70%. That's comparable to the enchanter slow and my group usually has a warrior and the enchanter. The difference is the enchanter's spell also reduces a lot of the mob's...
  15. SiegeTank

Made in China RANT!

Dunno why I'm posting this other than to vent! My dryer is temporarily down so believe it or not I went on the Internet to learn how to dry clothes without a dryer! LOL. Then the instructions remind me of the old days when I was a kid when my mother would hang clothes up on a line using...
  16. SiegeTank

Automated camping happening too much?

I've been away from playing for a few months now, except for logging in to check Bazaar and talk to friends. But in the last two weeks I've been playing a bit with my box team, trying various camps in EoK. What I'm discovering is that camping an area with toons that appear to be macroing or...
  17. SiegeTank

Mouse Tales

Anyone use this mouse: Logitech MX 518? It's a GREAT old mouse! Discontinued now, for the usual stupid reasons where hardware manufacturers blow perfection by coming out with a "new and improved" model of something that already works great. Beyond the great look and feel of this mouse, not to...
  18. SiegeTank

Buying PL on FV

I have a couple 100 toons on FV that I'd like to get levelled to 105, and max AA's if it's reasonable price. I just don't have the time to do this myself. Anyone offering PL services on FV?
  19. SiegeTank

Spiritlight Earring... what am I missing?

Spiritlight Earring :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM This is an uber item for noobs and PLees since it's tradeable on FV and has the most HPs for any item useable at level 1. The quest to obtain it doesn't look hard and it strikes me even on regular servers, where it's no-drop, you could drag along...
  20. SiegeTank

Dumb Question?: Selrach vs Darkwater

The dumb question is why do people value Darkwater armor above Selrach? Yeah, DW is Raid and Selrach is Tier 2 Group but aside from Purity (75 vs 50) every stat that matters seems to be higher on the Selrach. Ex: druid chest: 450 vs 358 AC, 4445 vs 4112 HPs. Heroic Wisdom is 19 vs 25 but so...