Search results

1. aCunningGnome

Soe becoming daybreak Game company

I couldn't see them raising prices on sub, since they'd be above the standard sub price across the industry. I imagine they'd take that into account when making decisions and probably instead opt for increasing player population or more in-game purchases. If they have anyone researching the...
  2. aCunningGnome

Soe becoming daybreak Game company

I respond with questions. 1) Are EQ servers run on any special type of architecture? That is, as hardware becomes better, does it become cheaper to host EQ? I ask because someday, should a shutdown come, I hope there will be an option for the player community to host EQ servers. 2) I heard EQ...
  3. aCunningGnome

1 mouse/pc for multiple pcs

If you can get synergy to work (not much setup involved), then use it. I've used it in some places and had problems, and in other cases no problems at all.
  4. aCunningGnome

How Project 1999 MQ2 Detection System Works

I think i prefer it. Didn't have people boxing in the old days, generally. I'd be tempted to box if it were easy. This way, it's much easier to find groups and socialize. I'm also glad there's no MQ2 or easy map function.
  5. aCunningGnome

EQMac shutting down

At least the character would exist somewhere should they ever want to see it again.
  6. aCunningGnome

reliability of Mq2navagation?

to my knowledge, all paths are created on the fly and there doesn't appear to be any functionality to play prerecorded paths (see mq2nav wiki). I suppose if you wanted to, you could /nav target /record mypath /record save /play mypath reverse not sure what the application there would be, but...
  7. aCunningGnome

Holyshit/downshit question

If you get gutsy, you may want to add two more conditions :) The && are AND statements, meaning that if even one of those bits is false, the whole thing will be false. Note that the "!" means the opposite of. So, if you're not invis, and you have less than 10 warm milk, the statement is true...
  8. aCunningGnome

DPS Comparisons

Not bad, especially for the levels and considering it's bot. Good job :) Non-bot and all 100 (non-raid but high end group), we pull off about 35-45kdps.
  9. aCunningGnome

Good bard guide?

A well played bard may not do a lot of personal dps, but they can really push the right group way past its limits. Sometimes we bay life it with 6 or 8 mobs in the camp--several mezzed, several tanked--dps cranked wide open. Quicktime and bard epic with pure dps is stupid. To answer OP. Not...
  10. aCunningGnome

thoughts and experiences with an unconventional tank

I know you are doing this without a tank, but I have to say--SK epic makes me damn near invincible on my monk. When we get in trouble sometimes, we'll go into full burn and my monk will take a couple mobs. As for combinations, shaman wild growth really helps, since in 'oh shit' moments you can...
  11. aCunningGnome

DOUBLE XP

https://www.everquest.com/news/double-xp-labor-day-eq-eq2-lon
  12. aCunningGnome

D&D Alignment For Me

We were always taught to be very weary of true neutral. You can have an idea of what to watch out for with any other alignment. Because of that, I've always liked calling it true chaotic more.
  13. aCunningGnome

MQ2Events

And of course, if you're somehow using this in public, add a small delay between receiving the tell and doing the invite so you don't look suspicious.
  14. aCunningGnome

CTD on the rise?

Hopefully they aren't all closet MQ users.
  15. aCunningGnome

MQ2 you are out of money?

Ahh, gonna have so much fun weaving these phrases into general chat everyday :p Perhaps more gratifying than saying in general "Shoulder my burden" *edit: I kid, I kid*
  16. aCunningGnome

In other news

sec let me put down my magazine to check out this photo
  17. aCunningGnome

CTD on the rise?

Glad someone said something. I'm careful to say anything, since usually it's something I've done wrong causing the crashes :p Lately, sometimes, I also get terrible lag after logging in, and I have to close out and log back in again. Turning the clip plane down and back up may help, but I...
  18. aCunningGnome

EQ keynote

Yea, I actually don't think they should be buffed any more...
  19. aCunningGnome

EQ keynote

MY DAY HAS COME GNOMISH MONKS
  20. aCunningGnome

EQN reveal discussions

Don't see any threads on it yet (I'm surprised), so anyone wanna talk about their take on the details of EQN reveal? Environment Destructibility: I'm worried about them finding that balance between destructibility and permanence. On the one hand, I want the environment to change, but on the...