Search results

1. htw

Guide How to play multiple copies of EQ on a single computer/truebox server

Are you sure you have the server listening on your local ethernet interface (address)? Or listening on all interfaces (0.0.0.0)? If you do, and not firewalled the connection, then your clients (vm) would just /bcconnect ipaddr port
  2. htw

dye combine macro

Did you put the ini in your config dir like it says? Edit: I just went in game and made yellow, dark yellow, and light yellow fine using your INI. It's in the wrong directory, if you run the lua without options it will tell you where it goes: /lua run combine
  3. htw

dye combine macro

If you want to try this, I threw it together. Example INI for the 3 dyes you mention: [Dark Green Dye] Container=Medium Clay Jar Component1=Resin Component2=Evergreen Extract [Green Dye] Container=Medium Clay Jar Component1=Resin Component2=Resin Component3=Evergreen Extract [Light Green...
  4. htw

Mq2 window

It would be MQ2ChatWnd, i.e. /plugin mq2chatwnd Or use the console ctrl-~
  5. htw

MQ failing to initialize

I would recommend trying it by using stock dinput8 dll file and eqgame.exe and see how it goes. Depending on how they coded the function(s), they may be nosy enough that if any said checks fail, to just crash you anyway. THF is one such I know, because I tested there. I just used stock .dll...
  6. htw

MQ failing to initialize

You are correct. dinput is commonly provided as a custom file with functions detoured/added that do various snoop checks. Sometimes they do legit do things the server/client needs for smoother operation, but more that often, it's just to do what you have noticed.
  7. htw

New TLP + Lua Bot

What he said. However, with that said, we use the same base distro and for the most part plugins - and that includes dannet. Your own lua should be fine unless needing a private plugin they have. The same can be said of building your own from the MQ git repo.
  8. htw

MQ2Bot and medding request

There is no such check currently to allow you to customize it, behond MedStartAt, MedStopAt, and MedToFull
  9. htw

Lua Resources?

Yeah, you can use other lua. Only limiter would be if you need a plugin we don't have. to run a lua, you do like: /lua run scriptname e.g.: /lua run buffmaster
  10. htw

eqbc server broke

On the server computer: For Wi-Fi connection Select Start > Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi and then select the Wi-Fi network you're connected to. Under Properties, look for your IP address listed next to IPv4 address. For Ethernet connection Select Start > Settings > Network &...
  11. htw

Two Basic Questions regarding Bot Melee'ing

For bot, you should have at least (example using range 100, health 100%): AssistAt=100 AssistRange=100 UseManualAssist=0 AssistName= MeleeAt=100 MeleeDistance=100 For MQ2Melee, at least: melee=1 stickrange=100
  12. htw

mq2 installs fail on win11 machines

BTW, as far as MQ - yes, you can just copy the entire MQ directory from the old machine to the new one, and then run MMOLoader from that dir on the new machine. You still need to install those packages above, but you don't HAVE to use the installer for MQ we make, that's just done to try to...
  13. htw

mq2 installs fail on win11 machines

I haven't used eqlaunch in years, well before win11, but it's just a normal MS VC compiled app I made, shouldn't take anything special. It actually sounds like perhaps you don't have one of the redists installed, and the installer isn't catching it for you or something. That's listed in the...
  14. htw

Bot assist help

Fry captured my typo in that 1st comment LOL, but I fixed it in discord (BotCommandsOn, not BotOnCommands). At any rate, if you find you want to change your target on your MA then you need to do it semiautomatic, hotkey a /bot off and /killthis or whatever, so you have control over what mob you...
  15. htw

How to move/reposition the player Stat UI Window

/plugin mq2hudmove Then you move it with /hudmove I think that default one is called Elements, so you would do things like: /hudmove elements down 20 or /hudmove elements right 50 etc. You can see what is what hud in config/MQ2Hud.ini
  16. htw

MQNext for ROF2 - MQ2Hud

Mine does not. It's why I wanted to duplicate your settings and asked for them. Thank you for providing them, I will test out and see what I can find out as soon as I get some time (am working the next 2 days long shifts, so may be after that).
  17. htw

MQNext for ROF2 - MQ2Hud

Open config\MQ2HUD.ini, and copy/paste the [MQ2HUD] section here. Pick one section that isn't working right, and copy/paste that section here.
  18. htw

MQNext for ROF2 - MQ2Hud

/memindi off
  19. htw

MQNext for ROF2 - MQ2Hud

Try: /hudmode always