MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

Looks like the test instance now has the next expansion enabled (for pre-purchase'rs). Any idea when the next compile will be ready? I assume, with the expansion, these can be a little trickier than the regular updates

fd80495129ea1c6bc691751c8008ca18.png

Is the last I heard.

I believe its just a matter of grabbing the new offsets but I am probably wrong. I think they're working on it. =)

I imagine they screw all sorts of stuff up when they push new expansions. Though I imagine they have been pushing small updates to support it for a few patches now. Who knows with DPG

Unfortunately test server folks end up the guinea pigs with issues that need resolving. Test MQ2 release is still being worked on.

Hah.. know that all too well.. It is definitely understandable though.

Thank you for the update :)

Reactions: EQDAB
Since TEST was changed to reflect LIVE, is there anything we can do to get the compile working? I tried a few things last night but couldnt get it working. Interested if we need to wait for a new compile or if there was something we could do

Live version will never work on test server unfortunately due to file size differences and date check on the exe. You'll pretty much always have to wait for an update if there is a new eqgame.exe.

With that said, MQ2 updated for test.

(Well it's uploading so ready from about 5mins from this post)

Is MQ down on test or no? It shows it up on the tracker on this page but gives incorrect client version when running it. I didn't notice a new eqgame.exe in the file list when it updated but I may have overlooked it.

Is MQ down on test or no? It shows it up on the tracker on this page but gives incorrect client version when running it. I didn't notice a new eqgame.exe in the file list when it updated but I may have overlooked it.
They patched test server today. The new eqgame.exe has a timestamp of Jan 12th 2021. It's being worked on.

They patched test server today. The new eqgame.exe has a timestamp of Jan 12th 2021. It's being worked on.
Thanks. I figured it was down and the tracker just wasn't updated yet.

MQ2 for Test server is going to be down for a bit. They've made some changes test server eqgame.exe which is taking a bit more time to update.

MQ2 for Test server is going to be down for a bit. They've made some changes test server eqgame.exe which is taking a bit more time to update.
I was curious what was taking so long on the source update. Thanks for the heads up. Any indication around how long? We talking days or like tomorrow?

It could be tomorrow but I think your looking at days for something stable. Even once it's updated, a lot of it is going to need to be double checked ingame.

This test exe was suppose to be matching what live exe is, but for some reason they've added 2mb to the file size but not added any changes along with it. It seems like they are messing with compiler settings.