Explorer Macro - not working

Fizz

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been working on an Explorer macro for the past few months.
The intension of this macro is to automate the zones required for the TBL evolving boots. I don't have plans on adding TBL or ToV routes.

It used MQ2Nav and MQ2Lazyfind at its core for navigation
I've had plenty of assistance from @Fry, @htw, @PeteSampras, @Chatwiththisname and @dewey2461.
Currently @Fry and @spin has been assisting me to testing the routes and some of the extra things such as recording your progress via ini files, invis'ing and the like.

I also want to say thanks to @wired420 for giving @Fry access to upload all the meshes I've spent time fixing to help the pathing avoid objects or fixing the mesh so it sees the zone lines

Currently I am no where close to releasing a version of this. But wanted to let you know I'm getting through it and there's a long way to go. This thread is so I can update you on the status.

Current status.
Creates ini and reads and updates
Checks invis, levi and shrink abilities
Added ability to buy items - thanks @Chatwiththisname
Core code for LDoN - thanks @Chatwiththisname

Zones/Expansions Completed
ALL routes complete

Currently coding: Released

Cheers,
Fizz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This macro has been written for toons 115 in mind. Though you can run at any level, there are greater risks of death.
Even at 115 some routes are extremely hazardous and shouldn't be undertaken without care. Howlingstone (RoS) is one example.

Macro can be started with '/mac Explorer All'
It will look for an INI file (Server_CharName_Route.ini) and continue.
If no such file exists, it will create a new one, and assume you wish to explore all available routes.

If you wish to run a single route, use one of the command line parameters to instruct the macro to run that route.

Valid command line parameters include:
All - Will run all available routes not completed in the INI settings
Faydwer - Faydwer
Antonica - Antonica includes TSS Routes << TSS not a seperate route at this stage.
Odus - Odus
ThePlanes - Planes (old school Places)
SpecialEvents - Special Events
Housing - Housing
Guilds - Guilds
RoK - Ruins of Kunark
SoV - Scars of Velious Route
SoL - Shadows of Luclin
PoP - Planes of Power
LoY - Legacy of Ykesha
LDoN - Lost Dungeons of Norrath
GoD - Gates of Discord
OoW - Omens of War
DoN - Dragons of Norrath
DoDH - Depths of Darkhallow
PoR - Prophecy of Ro
TBS - The Buried Sea
SoF - Secrets of Faydwer
SoD - Seeds of Destruction
Underfoot - Underfoot
HoT - House of Thule
VoA - Veil of Alaris
RoF - Rain of Fear
CotF - Call of the Forsaken
TDS - The Darkedend Sea
TBM - The Broken Mirror
EoK - Empires of Kunark
RoS - Ring of Scale

This macro is designed to run starting in PoK, should you try to run anywhere other than PoK it will attempt move you to PoK before starting the route.

I recommend making 2 hotkeys
/mqpause
and
/nav pause

These will allow you to take control should you get into a bind.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure that you have the latest version of the MQ2Nav meshes from https://mqmesh.com/index.php
I spend a lot of time updating these to ensure this macro works.

Last edited:
Don't see mention of the LDoN zones. But they can be a pita. However, I've found that you can determine what zone your LDoN mission is going to give you access to based on the named mob that it wants you to eliminate.

Deepest Guk
Known entries are inside LGuk, and in Innothule Swamp.
The Swamp location can tell you that the object is unable to be found with a /doortarget and /nav door click, but adjustments can be made to achieve desired results.
The LGuk location requires navigation across very narrow platforms making the automation of entry more complicated than a /nav to the location. You'll likely want to script out getting to this entrance using /moveto locations series of points to traverse it, and then resume the navigation after, possibly accounting for the Z-Axis being lower than a set value to trigger if you fall in the water, so that you can use /moveto to get out of the water

Takish-Hiz
No known issue with the entrance location.

Miragul's Menagerie

The Rujarkian Hills

Mistmoore's Catacomb
Traveling to LFay from Butcherblock has been known to have complications using Nav. It's possible that there is an issue with the mesh, or that it was related to use of easyfind.

Hopefully this will assist you with the LDoN parts.

Reactions: EQDAB and Fizz
Thanks you're correct I do intend to add LDoN, having done the explore achievement on 5 toons i was aware that the names of the bosses gave the separation. Just not sure at this stage how to code that.
Will look at the LFey mesh as well, since I've yet to do Faydark

Feel free to rip out or utilize any logic in here that will assist you. This was a macro I wrote that ran through and murdered takish hiz kill count missions. But should have the logic needed to get you started on requesting the missions and hopefully navigating to the location.

Attachments

• LDoNChat.mac
    54.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
When you get to the point you are ready to tackle the LDoN zones let me know.

At one point when I was doing them I had a code snippet that would let me automate the requesting / dropping part of getting the various tasks. I had 3 in group and the one I was doing traveler achievement would sit where ever the instance zin was and zone in, drop instance, code would then get next instance, etc.

Unfortunately that was > 1 yr ago and it might take some work to figure out what I named it.

• Haha
thanks guys. I'll focus on the pathing atm, am getting through the smaller expansions at a rate of 1-2 a day. (if I'm not raiding) Been looking at options on Odus and Faydark, wondering if I do 1 huge ass run from OOT through SoF at the same time like i did in Antonica whcih killed DoN and TSS at the same time or just break them by expansion.
Expansions means more routes but faster achievements as to 1 big route that saves on doubling up some pathing.

Reactions: EQDAB
With over 50% of zones completed I'm looking for a complete of people willing to Test the macro and provide FEEDBACK.
I've put at least 4hrs a week night and over 16hrs each day on the weekend for the past 2 months to try get a lot of the issues resolved. I've had some help but need more active testers to provide feedback so I can close out the zones that are done and move onto those that haven't been started. I've run through countless times watching the YELLOW BRICK ROAD stretch out in front of me. I've tested having EQ at the forefront and not to see if it does stupid things when not the prime screen.... (believe me EQ does some really stupid crap when its not the foreground program).

If you are willing to actively test and provide feedback on each path. Ie .. gets to CoM but doesnt zone in when not in foreground etc then let me know.
I do not what to share a non complete version publicly yet.

I have been updating the OP so you know what stage I'm upto.

• Love
Busy weekend, finished DoDH, PoR, TBS, SoD and Underfoot
Next up VoA

Still chase a couple of tester to ensure the current content works correctly, send me a message on the boards.

Busy weekend, finished DoDH, PoR, TBS, SoD and Underfoot
Next up VoA

Still chase a couple of tester to ensure the current content works correctly, send me a message on the boards.
VoA completed working on RoF now.
Also thanks to the people that hit me up to do some testing, much appreciated

Split DoN off the Antonica route so that is can be run seperately

RoF completed, what a pain that one was. 2 weeks coding and testing

Thanks to some feedback from @spin testing is moving forward and some issues have been identified and resolved.
Some need a tad of extra work.

I did have a basic combat feature but this was causing bouncing which ending up killing you more times than the mob. I've removed this and added a warning for the route telling the player to watch the path to ensure they do not die.

Other news:
EoK Route has been completed leaving RoS, which I coded at the same time. Some initial testing to do on this then i'll do more testing to ensure everything is working correctly before moving onto LDoN.

• Wow
Reactions: EQDAB and spin
RoS route completed.

This completed all non LDoN routes. As mentioned the routes will be tested and tuned to fix issues prior to LDoN being done

• Love
You have some amazing dedication Fizz. There has been so many hurdles to get over to get this done. Great job.

You have some amazing dedication Fizz. There has been so many hurdles to get over to get this done. Great job.
Been a few that have made me rethink how I'd originally planned on doing them, thanks to the guys in discord for giving different prospective on how to approach an issue. Or offered up a bit of code to fix issues I'd not got this far.

Would like to release this in the next 2 weeks. To do this i'm chase a few more ppl to test it for me.
If interested send me a PM and ensure you have the latest mesh files from https://mqmesh.com/index.php

decided that the Antonica run was far too long at just over 1hr 20mins and removed the TSS expansion to it's own file. He test TSS and run without issue. Antonica it was found to have missed a levitate cast to access SolC.
I plan to test it next week and verify the fix I put in resolves the issue.
Once that is done I will release Ver 1.0 thanks to those that has assisted with code suggestions and testing, without you input this would never have been completed.

Added file to OP, extract to your macro folder.
Hopefully i got rid of most /all of the issue.

Make sure you've updated your mesh files before telling me there's an issue

Enjoy

Last edited:
  • Love