Council Divided

How do you deal with the Snares when you kite?

Well just don't kite them while snared and have your knight offtank it. Not sure if it cureable as never bothered doing it.

Do the councilmen against the Discord do the same nasty ae dots as the councilmen for the Discord? I know they snare and have dots but wasn't sure if some of them were coming from cross contanimation or the councilmen themselves.

Last 4 nights we been working on this.

4 "Discords" to 10%. Instant repop on all of them when we kill them.

4 "discords to 5%. 2 mobs die and stay dead. next one instant repops.

There has to be some kind of kill order on this.

4 "discords to 5%. 2 mobs die and stay dead. next one instant repops.

There has to be some kind of kill order on this.

There is no kill order.

But you have to kill them ALL within 30 seconds or so once the first mob died.

There is no kill order.

But you have to kill them ALL within 30 seconds or so once the first mob died.

Do the good councilmen also have the same increasing DOT damage that the bad councilmen do? Also, I am a bit confused with how the dots work as it relates to aggro on a single target. Couldn't you just have two tanks swap aggro every 20-30 seconds and reset the detrimental power of the dot or does it not work like that?

UPDATE:

The 4 good council members only cast their normal selection of group type player cast spells. They DO NOT cast any of the vulnerabilities or dots.

We still are unsure what resets the magic vulnerability dot on the councilman.

UPDATE:

The 4 good council members only cast their normal selection of group type player cast spells. They DO NOT cast any of the vulnerabilities or dots.

You have to switch tanks and let the dot just fade. there is no other way to deal with it. not sure when we switch our tanks but i would guess after 3rd or 4th rank of the dot or so. (3rd rank is about 250% increased spell damage already)

Switching didn't work for us. If the tank gets on hot before the dot fades it seemed to pick up where it left off and he died anyways. Fast rezzing and buffing we were able to beat it.

They leash

Just tank or kite all councilmens (we usally kite the good ones) apart from each other to minimize the dots. My guess is that you tank/kite them all real close to the raid if you wipe that fast.

How and where are you kiting these non snarable mobs at ? I really have done this encounter and know that they leash just inside the tunnels, and also these mobs snare your ass good and quick then beat you down even faster (6.5k X 4 = 1.5 sec death)

Maybe someone who has beaten the event can offer some critque:

We were considering making up 4 bad council member tank groups composed of 2 tanks, 2 rangers, and 2 healers and 2 groups to OT the good council men composed of 3 paladins, cleric, and support.

Have the good councilmen OT on wall of the arena in a bundle to avoid all DOts.

Have the bad groups start with the MT pulling them to a predefined area to avoid crossing the dots. Then tanking the mob until that tank is killed do to dots. Upon death, have the second tank grab it and tank until death to dots. Upon second tanks death, have one of the rangers grab the councilman and then weaponsield until the ranger dies to dots. After the death of the 1st ranger, have the 2nd ranger pick up the mob until death.

After the two tanks die, the cleric and buffers will rez and rebuff the tanks while the rangers are weaponshielding the mob. This should only require healing of the dot when it fires until it reaches a level where it kills the ranger outright.

Obviously while this is happening, the raid will be attempting to burn down each bad council member until it is at 5% and then move on to the next.

Our guild typically puts out bout 45-60K on a burn so I would assume it will be around the lower end of the DPS spectrum.

i don't have much of a complete strat but we have knights kite the good ones. using a ranger or 2 to cure the snare works decent. but there are so many different ways to do this. all the knights in my guild could offtank this. me being an SK i have 6200ac buffed. we just figured it would be easier to kite

hope this helps.. like i said its not a complete strat

Good group - 4 warriors 2 clerics

Bad groups - 1 tank, 1 sk, 1 ranger, 1 cleric 2 others.

Rotate agro every 30'ish seconds? Warrior -> Ranger -> SK/Pally -> Warrior again.

Heal.

DPS.

Divide loot.

BC

UPDATE:

Cycling resets it. Doesn't appear to reset until it cycles through, so they cast rank 1, rank 2, tank swap, rank 3, tank swap, rank 4, tank swap, rank 5, tank swap, rank 1, rank 2... repeat.

I had rank 3 on me, moved away till it faded, came back in and instantly got rank 5, so it would seem that only cycling all the way through causes them to be casting rank 1 again.

Rebthik, Arbiter of the Council begins to cast a spell. <Poison Vulnerability II>
The protection of Wishka fades.
You are vulnerable to poison.
Rebthik, Arbiter of the Council begins to cast a spell. <Toxic Withering>

All in 1 second. Every time, every bad mob. That's why tank swaps don't work too well.

Anyone have a good solid strat for this raid? My guild beat it when the chanter mezz AA hack was working (raid mob bosses could be mezzed). So we plan to go back and beat it legitimately. We have beaten Tower a few times now and farm other stuff so our gear is much better, but nobody has a solid strat posted. Is this not hard? Will the vet AA block the magic vulnerability and snare for kiting?

I remember it being harder than what some people here have said, and my guild doesn’t have 20 clerics and 30 tanks to cycle thru the magic vulnerability. We have – on a good night, 4 knights, 6 warriors, 6 clerics. Thanks for any help.

Jsut curious how long it takes most guilds to get the 4 council members down to 5-10%. IE how many cycles of the dot do they council guys get through. I am assuming that balancing them has no positive effect vice burning 1 at a time down to 5% then killing all 4 at one time.

our DPS is going up but 100-120K is probably highest burn rate we can hit.

Running short on tanks of late. Although we do have alot of rangers we can sacrifice on weapon shield.

I was helping some people get this old flag, since the main raiders just said UGG when The Council Divided was mentioned. It's very basic and writing the instructions took twice as long as writing the code.

Code:
|Simple macro: need at least 4 of the same CLASS pet classes (4 mages, necros, beasts, or even chanters could work) and 4 of any pet class (8 pet owners total)
|
|STEP1: CANCEL ALL DAMAGE SHIELDS ON PETS AND NO NUKING
|STEP2: Enter the names of the 8 pet owners
|STEP3: Enter the names of the GOOD NPCs and the BAD NPCs
|STEP4: Jump down onto their level - need to be within 200 feet of your target
|STEP5: Verity EVERY PET has pet focus ENABLED
|STEP6: Run the macro at the same time - not 100% required but massively helpful
|STEP7: Kill the 4 bad guys manually.  This macro does not take the killing blow from you!
|
|100% original code by me.  You are welcome to share with anyone.
|
|Mage pets were used as an example because their dps is fairly uniform.
|If the macro is run on anyone EXCEPT an indicated character, it simply ends.  This makes it easy to run with EQBC universally
|This will beat the bad guys down to 5%, guard there (so the mobs are not pulled close to the pet owners), stop.
|Meanwhile, good guys will be aggroed and beaten down to 90% (enough to grab some decent aggro and not over-damage one), guard there, and stop.
|At this point, you should be safe to run around and heal, if needed, and get ready for the final kill shots.
|When the 4 bad guys are at 5%, kill them all, one by one.

Sub Main
/declare BadNPCPetOwner1 string outer MAGE1
/declare BadNPCPetOwner2 string outer MAGE2
/declare BadNPCPetOwner3 string outer MAGE3
/declare BadNPCPetOwner4 string outer MAGE4
/declare GoodNPCPetOwner1 string outer PETCLASS5
/declare GoodNPCPetOwner2 string outer PETCLASS6
/declare GoodNPCPetOwner3 string outer PETCLASS7
/declare GoodNPCPetOwner4 string outer PETCLASS8

/declare BadNPC1 string outer BADGUY1
/declare BadNPC2 string outer BADGUY2
/declare BadNPC3 string outer BADGUY3