MacroQuest - Download and Problem Report Thread

hey guys - got couple issues to report while using /framelimiter on along with innerspace/isboxer. should i post in this thread or start a new one ?

Reactions: EQDAB
Hey guys,

I have a couple of issues at the moment.

1) MQ2Discord: will connect, and my filters work just the same as in MQ2 (i.e I can see all the text i have filtered appear in discord). But in next I cannot send commands to the EQ client. I'm reasonably sure that I have the correct config.

2) Autologin: I copied over my settings from my MQ2 folder, and when i open an instance of EQ (via patchme), it will click thru the EULA, but then freezes on the DBG splash screen. If i leave it long enough, it will continue on its own and work properly (but takes ~60 secs). If i click once on the DBG splash screen, it will continue on its own and log in to world correctly.

Thanks

Hi there,

These are still happening in the most recent build.

Thanks,

Thanks, I made a change and pushed update for MQ2WorstHurt only. Patch it and let me know how it goes.

htw

Work like a champion sir, the crash gone, and the heal went smooth! Thank you !

Here is another three tiny problems, not crash though.

1. MQ2Targets when your watch target spawn, it shows this instead of the spawn's name.
MQ2Targets.png

2. MQ2 Window display have a small issue or maybe this is setting related?
When I /echo everything, it shows the direct result in the MQ2 window instead of the format "[MQ2]"
But the /cecho xxx will put the prefix [MQ2] ahead of xxx like usual.
Picture says all.
Echo.png
So you can the yellow line is normal (with [MQ2]) since it uses /cecho, but all the /echo line is without [MQ2].
P. S. I also noticed that the /cecho can still be used even with the plugin MQ2Cecho NOT loaded, but in that case, then /cecho does the same thing with /echo (output msgs WITHOUT prefix [MQ2]).

3. MQ2Targetinfo loaded and with Target show distance on, here is ini
Code:
[Default]
#if PluginVersion ever changes, the ini will as well.
PluginVersion=2.0
#0 is the prefered setting because the file can grow too big with per char settings.
UsePerCharSettings=0

ShowComeToMeButton=1
ShowFollowMeButton=1
ShowMimicMeButton=1
ShowHotButtons=1
ShowDistance=1
ShowExtDistance=1

ComeToMeText=Come To Me
ComeToMeCommand=/dgge /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/dgge /nav id ${Me.ID}
FollowMeText=Follow Me
FollowMeCommand=/dgge /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeeToolTip=/dgge /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
MimicMeSayCommand=/dgge /say
MimicMeHailCommand=/dgge /keypress HAIL
DBExpansion=25
ShowTargetInfo=1
ShowPlaceholder=1
ShowSight=1
DistanceLabelToolTip=Target Distance

[UI_default]
DynamicUI=1
GroupDistanceFontSize=2
GroupDistanceLoc=0,-20,70,0

ComeToMeLoc=61,27,6,46
FollowMeLoc=61,27,48,88
MimicMeLoc=61,27,90,130
HotButton0Loc=97,64,6,46
HotButton1Loc=97,64,49,89
HotButton2Loc=97,64,92,132

TargetInfoAnchoredToRight=0
TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
TargetDistanceLoc=34,48,90,0

ExtDistanceLoc=0,-20,70,0
#don't mess with these 2 settings unless you are told to, they should be 0 for most UIs
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
UseExtLayoutBox=0
#these two labels are the labels I use as templates for distance. They should normally NOT be changed.
Label1=Player_ManaLabel
Label2=Player_FatigueLabel
#there are usually no good reason to change these.
Target_BuffWindow_TopOffset=76
dTopOffset=60
dBottomOffset=74
CanSeeTopOffset=47
CanSeeBottomOffset=61
dLeftOffset=50
TargetInfoWindowStyle=1
But here is screenshot of ETW window and Group window, which SHOULD show your group member or XTarget distance.
TargetInfo.png

Last edited:
The lack of [MQ2] on echo is by design. If you want to see it add it to your echo. If you don’t want it with cecho use cechob

I’ll likely change the default to bare, so be aware

For the other reports, I’ll take a look, thanks.

${MacroQuest.Path} is giving me an odd character.
path returning should be C:\MQ2Next
1628295202122.png

Work like a champion sir, the crash gone, and the heal went smooth! Thank you !

Here is another three tiny problems, not crash though.

1. MQ2Targets when your watch target spawn, it shows this instead of the spawn's name.
View attachment 8328

2. MQ2 Window display have a small issue or maybe this is setting related?
When I /echo everything, it shows the direct result in the MQ2 window instead of the format "[MQ2]"
But the /cecho xxx will put the prefix [MQ2] ahead of xxx like usual.
Picture says all.
View attachment 8329
So you can the yellow line is normal (with [MQ2]) since it uses /cecho, but all the /echo line is without [MQ2].
P. S. I also noticed that the /cecho can still be used even with the plugin MQ2Cecho NOT loaded, but in that case, then /cecho does the same thing with /echo (output msgs WITHOUT prefix [MQ2]).

3. MQ2Targetinfo loaded and with Target show distance on, here is ini
Code:
[Default]
#if PluginVersion ever changes, the ini will as well.
PluginVersion=2.0
#0 is the prefered setting because the file can grow too big with per char settings.
UsePerCharSettings=0

ShowComeToMeButton=1
ShowFollowMeButton=1
ShowMimicMeButton=1
ShowHotButtons=1
ShowDistance=1
ShowExtDistance=1

ComeToMeText=Come To Me
ComeToMeCommand=/dgge /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/dgge /nav id ${Me.ID}
FollowMeText=Follow Me
FollowMeCommand=/dgge /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeeToolTip=/dgge /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
MimicMeSayCommand=/dgge /say
MimicMeHailCommand=/dgge /keypress HAIL
DBExpansion=25
ShowTargetInfo=1
ShowPlaceholder=1
ShowSight=1
DistanceLabelToolTip=Target Distance

[UI_default]
DynamicUI=1
GroupDistanceFontSize=2
GroupDistanceLoc=0,-20,70,0

ComeToMeLoc=61,27,6,46
FollowMeLoc=61,27,48,88
MimicMeLoc=61,27,90,130
HotButton0Loc=97,64,6,46
HotButton1Loc=97,64,49,89
HotButton2Loc=97,64,92,132

TargetInfoAnchoredToRight=0
TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
TargetDistanceLoc=34,48,90,0

ExtDistanceLoc=0,-20,70,0
#don't mess with these 2 settings unless you are told to, they should be 0 for most UIs
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
UseExtLayoutBox=0
#these two labels are the labels I use as templates for distance. They should normally NOT be changed.
Label1=Player_ManaLabel
Label2=Player_FatigueLabel
#there are usually no good reason to change these.
Target_BuffWindow_TopOffset=76
dTopOffset=60
dBottomOffset=74
CanSeeTopOffset=47
CanSeeBottomOffset=61
dLeftOffset=50
TargetInfoWindowStyle=1
But here is screenshot of ETW window and Group window, which SHOULD show your group member or XTarget distance.
View attachment 8330

In mqnext, xtarget info was split off from target info. So now you have MQ2TargetInfo, and MQ2XTInfo. Load the MQ2XTInfo and /reloadui.

${MacroQuest.Path} is giving me an odd character.
path returning should be C:\MQ2Next
View attachment 8331

That's expected behavior, mq2 will do the same. It's escaping that character, so your \M is turned into that special char you see displayed. It's like doing carriage return (\r), newline (\n), tab (\t), etc.

Now as far as if it SHOULD be handled (in mqnext as well as mq2), that's a good question. I'll look into it.

• Wow
In mqnext, xtarget info was split off from target info. So now you have MQ2TargetInfo, and MQ2XTInfo. Load the MQ2XTInfo and /reloadui.

Thanks heap! Well, now the xtarget distance has been solved. Now I think MQNext is almost ready for our raid except the following two minor issues.

1. Group member's distance still not showing on group window. The live build is showing though if that still in MQ2Targetinfo.
Scenario: So the healer knows which member is oor for healing and which is within 100 ft to benefit from the group heal etc...

2. MQ2Targets still give ${Spawn[xxx]} code on watch targets spawn, and NOT showing on the head of the screen either.
Scenario: Raid Leader usually need to know which watching targets(raid adds) pop or not

Thank you again for the help sir!

`]TI9RK9$JCV8~@3B{__ACA.png
When I run mqn, it says could not load mq2main. My system is Win7. I used to use RG, it worked well.

It's EQMules private plugin. We have MQ2LazyFind
It's like one of the most useful plugins ever created if you're not trying to use active hacks like PiggyZone or whatever. Love it so much!

My main issue in Next is I use innerspace to launch and control my clients windows. However when I launch eq from innerspace next refuses to trigger autologin. I am pretty sure its a plugin loading issue. From what I can tell mq2autologin is not even loading. However the plugin is enabled, and I see no autologin GUI on any screen until I manually log the char in to the select char screen. Then the autologin GUI shows. If I launch EQ without innerspace the autologin works fine, just as it always had.

I wanna report one problem of MQNext compile, it's not a bug and you can adjust your macro to adapt though it's really not convenient when someone transfer the macros from the mq2 to mqn.

1. ${Me.CombatAbility[]} and ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[]} will now requires the exact rank in MQNext compile,
i. e. ${Me.CombatAbility[Relax]}
${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Relax]}
returns null or false when you have rk. ii or rk. iii. You have to add ${Spell[].RankName} in all those place.

• Sad