Suspended 3 accts out of 5.

direbrother

Reaction score
I've been doing progression in TBL back filling. I use mq2 all the time. 5 toon group Monk is Leader. I did Fire Fight this am. Monk pulled too many , SK ,Beast Chanter and Cleric went down. Monk pulled corpses back to camp my merc got up and rezzd. After first razz Chanter SK Beast and Cleric were suspended for cheating. Don't know what I did wrong...just email saying I cheated 7 to 10 days. Do I just take it? If any acct cheats its the Monk leader all others just follow. What should I do? Any suggestions...Bristlebane.

Bot ...been playing in tov and cov for a year anyways . I don't think I did anything illegal in fire fight...yes I do use some cheats at times. I try to be careful

Using bot is cheating. You can try and admit cheating in a petition, they might lift suspension but you flagged now and punishment might get more severe in the future.

Reactions: EQDAB
Flagged meaning they will check me? Should I try Macros?

It seems that DGB released a ban/suspension hammer last weekend. Even some accounts have been suspended for 7 days which I didn't really played for months. I only used them from time to time for buffing but only in the guild hall. It seems that the automated code went haywire. That does not surprise me... if they earn too much money it seems it is time to make a break again for a couple of months or a year...

• Wow
Reactions: MissTerious
Well I left it alone ...like I said I prolly been pushing it any way sometimes warp or succure to zone but I check to see who's on ..and how many ppl in zone. I guess I got comfortable. Just need to go back to doing orctooth everyday...loluse warp in Rob everyday just groups like me grinding. Just didn't understand how getting killed was cheating...Monk is one that uses warp . nothing happened to her

It's the only to box and do progression. Have 52 of 78 at the moment

• Wow
It seems that DGB released a ban/suspension hammer last weekend. Even some accounts have been suspended for 7 days which I didn't really played for months. I only used them from time to time for buffing but only in the guild hall. It seems that the automated code went haywire. That does not surprise me... if they earn too much money it seems it is time to make a break again for a couple of months or a year...
I had high hopes with a publicly traded company taking over, eq would become more customer-oriented. It would seem that just botting is considered "cheating" now. The purpose of the true-box servers was to play without botters. In the 20+ years, I wonder how many people have been banned for petty things while people doing seriously bad stuff go unpunished because of the guild they're in or who they know (or some other ridiculous reason).

Years ago, I had 35 accounts and I kept them gold and I paid the $15 a month. It was my way of helping support a game I love. I tried to help promote the game locally, and brought dozens of new customers. One day, many of my accounts were just "disabled" and I didn't get an email. When I contacted daybreak, all I got was "why did you do it". I emailed by, "Do what?" and was told we can't share out findings, as it would be valuable info on how we run detection. Again, "why did you do it".

When EG7 bought them, I really thought things were gonna get great. The top thing public companies are concerned with is the bottom line. I'm down to 15 gold accounts, but I still spend about $3,000 a year by myself. Thinking this was great for the game, I even bought a little bit of EG7 stock so I could feel even closer to a product I loved. Jennifer Chan is top person at Darkpaw and everything seemed to be headed in a good direction. Sadly, this wasn't to be. Customer service is not customer-oriented. Jennifer Chan was a programmer for eq previously. It SEEMS like she takes it personally if people don't play the game in the way she envisioned.

The simple truth is darkpaw and daybreak do not seem to care about shareholders' interest. The $6000 I invested in EG7 in December 2020 is now worth about $3000. As an EQ gamer, I feel like any characters I play could simply be taken away without a real reason. Once that happens, you have absolutely no recourse except to bring the matter to the public at large, and the people over Darkpaw / Daybreak.

I

The same here... I paid 36+ accounts in gold and xpacs a couple of years ago. Then the extreme harrassing of some botters started and players petitioned everything, botters but also boxers alike. Then DGB was not able to do any real proper billing. The billing system once with a problem is a catastrophy. Suspensions of accounts without real reason and a couple of horrible bad programming bugs stopped me from paying that game anymore. Now I was back on 6 accounts and suspended out of some odd reason I have to figure out. Last time the reason was their inability to cope with proper billing data. At least I would like to know why but transparency and competency in DGB is the same like in politics - not present. It was in my holiday times when I was gone from keyboard for a couple of days. Guys like me paid in the times when the player base went to NIL and everybody was afraid that the game is dying. But look into the world how many stupid people are playing that game of "life" and money. I hope that karma strucks them all down in the moment when they deserve it the most... :sneaky:

I looked my macros over and the only thing that is "technically" bad is a small warp that sometimes happens. Let me explain.

I don't employ mercs, usually. Instead, I pay $15 / month to have a "bot-merc" do his job.
Things like following me with /nav target, if they get stuck a couple of checks happen.
First, is anyone except my crew within 500 feet or line of sight?
If No, they will /warp to me and /nav again if I get more than 20 feet away
If yes, they stop.

I believe the worst thing I've done is /succor a raid, who didn't have a succor class a total of 3 times. All 3 times occurred on the SoD raid where you protect the dragons. I did this after successfully killing the attackers and somehow aggroed the dragons themselves. If it were programmed properly, this wouldn't be possible. Is this worth firing a customer?

The only other thing that comes to mind is, I have used the /zone command a few times. Again, worth losing thousands of dollars? I guess so...

To make matters worse, the ambiguity of the suspension reasons basically means they can suspend/ban anyone for anything and give you no details. If that's the case, why is Darkpaw / Daybreak not banning people from online harassment? That's now a federal crime, and they won't take action.

Jennifer Chan needs to step up and publicly say: "We don't want botters playing our game. Your money is no good here." or "Macroquest2 users, as long as you stay off the TLP servers, we're going to leave you alone." or best yet for EVERYONE, "As long as you're gold, running macroquest2 will - at worst - get you a 12-24 hour suspension based on the severity of the offense and we will tell you what you did wrong, so you can refrain in the future. Harassing online gold players is an automatic ban."

It makes you wonder how large Everquest would be if they took a better approach.

Dude you literally said you do most of the worst shit and act like its not a big deal.

• Wow
/zone is poison - if you got banned then I grant you that every active hack which zones/warps and overrides a minimum amount of time frame was the reason. I tested everything of all the tools many years ago with a trash account because I wanted to know how that whole stuff is working and how reliable it is. And I GRANT you that warp/zoning from one zone to another in a special short time frame is a granted ban or if you are lucky it is a suspension (even there is a longer time frame until DGB reacts on it, but he timings are recorded)!
The same goes if you don't use /zone but you /warp to fast from one end to the other of a zone and then zone manually - same issue, same result!

At least I try to be 100% honest...in everything. No, it ain't the dress that makes you look fat. It's the Krispy Kreme.

I don't think I've ever used /succor except for those 3 times. I used to never travel without a druid or wizard in each group. With the physical mechanics of this zone, you can easily get stuck in places where you can't get out on your own. CoH doesn't work everywhere, and I can't count the number of times I've gotten stuck in places I was unable to /rewind or duck and jump to get out of it. I see ZERO problems with warping to correct a game problem when even logging out and back in, puts you in the same spot. The only in-game options are dying and respawning, rebuff, run back and HOPE it doesn't happen again, or get a porter nearby to port you out, run back and HOPE it doesn't happen again, or simply warp and go on about your day. When it's 3am, and you're stuck waist-high in the floor of a faulty area, /rewind fails, ducking and jumping fails, you're now ducked and it won't let you stand up so clicking a portal item isn't an option, and you can't /camp because you can't sit, your choice becomes /warp or /quit and see if it puts you in a legit spot when logging back in.

The /zone and /gate are bad habits, that I plan on stopping. I have mages, so making gate portals isn't a big deal. PERSONALLY, I liken /zone to any other games built-in fast travel system. That said, I can stop using it. With it, I'm not risking accidentally training people, traipsing through people camps, risking getting stuck on objects as simple as a step or a rock that's not much bigger than my halflings shoe.

Switch to next and get the development version of eazyfind, lazyfind, whatever brianiacs version of the 'nav to this zone' is called. Nav in general isn't 100% , but its a damn bit better than what I did ... which was create a network of path's using mq2advpath and stitching them together to run between zones ...

The other thing I did was tighten up the 'follow' range for advpath so my alts stick much closer and advpath itself generates tighter points. This makes it so they are less likely to fail when you go around the tight corners/caves like in CS/DN.

Neither are going to give you the true ease of play as doing /warps but hopefully they will be a lot safer.