Plugin Overseer

I have spent 30+ hours since the patch writing/testing MQ2Overseer code.

I have started testing in live today and if things look good I'll ship the code over to Fry/HTW

In the mean time I would ask those who are not strapped for cash, use the plugin daily, and find yourself missing it to consider showing your appreciation by throwing me some pizza money.

I think to date maybe 2 people other than fry and htw have shown their support for the project.

------------------

NEW FEATURES:

1 - Estimate Scores - Use fast estimated scores to greatly speed up processing quests. Rather than evaluation each quest to see what the best scores are, assume quests that have a perfect match will score the best, then those who are missing one trait, then two traits, etc. This speeds up quest selection 5-15x times.

2 - Agent # Window - Added a button '#' that takes you directly to a window that shows you how many agents of each type you have and how many extras are available for conversion or retirement.

3 - Added a 'R'etire button to the agent summer window that retires extra elite agents.

4 - Modified the reward selection logic to include auto selecting the 'agent 2x' option when collecting rewards from the 'agent echo' ( the thing you get when you retire agents )

5 - Added TBL to the reward list - Thanks SHV126

Overall the plugin is less invasive to run, and will make it much simpler to manage your extra agents.

Early on, I tried to give you some money but you weren't ready. So I gave it to Fry. I thought you got a cut. Sorry.

In the mean time I would ask those who are not strapped for cash, use the plugin daily, and find yourself missing it to consider showing your appreciation by throwing me some pizza money.

I would if I knew how/where

MissTerious said:
Early on, I tried to give you some money but you weren't ready. So I gave it to Fry. I thought you got a cut. Sorry.

I'm totally down with supporting Fry / HTW / Brianiac / etc.

Wolfy said:
I would if I knew how/where

My paypal for MQ2 stuff dewey2461@gmail.com . I could put the splash screen back up so everyone gets to see it each time they start the plugin ... but ... that's fairly annoying.

Who ever donated $50 this morning, Thank you.

Does anyone plan to retire all their extra elite agents down to common agents using the 'Agent Echo' ?

I am close to having it 'mostly' automated ... but test patched so I can't do any more development at the moment.

DO I NEED TO TURN OFF OVERSEER IN MY PLUGIN WINDOW, I AM GETTING CONFLICTS .
It collects, ut does not start a new overseer
I have to "manually" select ALL QUESTS NOW
i turned off for now, until u fix all bugs

A new Heroic that has no previous quests is working fine. I tried turning off the Conversion option on others. (No way to re-enable anything. It will only let you set one quest option.)

My concern is that all these toons not doing Overseers now is going to attract unwanted attention.

I do sometiimes get a bug on one of my PC's, it gets kind of stuck in a loop and lags the computer right out. The screen will update once ever 30 seconds.... I usually end task the PC and then delete that characters profile and copy anothers in its place with the original characters name. Then when I load back up it's fine again.
Otherwise it's usually the game side of things that slow it down. The app is usually waiting for EQ to catch up..

I am testing what I think is last part I wanted to fix before shipping it to fry. As long as I don't find any other major bugs ....

----------------------------------------------
How to mass convert your agents ...

1. Let the overseer plugin do your normal quest line up so you are at 5/5.

2. Open the Overseer Assistant - "Agents" window by pressing the "#" button in the mini overseer assist window.

This shows you the number of agents you have, ranked by rarity. It also shows you the number of 'extra' as well as any 'echo agents' you have in your inventory.

3. Highlight the row with 'elites' and press the 'Retire' button

The overseer plugin will start going through your agent list and retiring the extras to become 'echo agents'.

It will take 3-4s PER agent. Let it retire all the extra agents.

4. Find the 'elite echo agent' in your inventory and open it ( alt left click )

IF you have the overseer agent window open, the overseer assistant will automatically start converting the 'echo agents' into the lower level 2x agent rewards.

It will take 4-5s PER 'echo agent'

5. After you have converted your elites -> rares. Do the same with extra rares -> uncommon, etc.

6. After converting everything, you are set to run normal conversion quests common -> uncommon -> rare -> elites. You'll likely have HUNDREDS of quests to run.

Reactions: Wolfy
I had 20-30 extra rare agents on my main accounts. Even with the plugin doing the grunt click work its going to be about 2 hrs to completely convert all the rares down to commons and back up to rares.

Thanks for getting this going again. Appreciated

I am testing what I think is last part I wanted to fix before shipping it to fry. As long as I don't find any other major bugs ....

2. Open the Overseer Assistant - "Agents" window by pressing the "#" button in the mini overseer assist window.

This shows you the number of agents you have, ranked by rarity. It also shows you the number of 'extra' as well as any 'echo agents' you have in your inventory.

The overseer plugin will start going through your agent list and retiring the extras to become 'echo agents'.

It will take 3-4s PER agent. Let it retire all the extra agents.

4. Find the 'elite echo agent' in your inventory and open it ( alt left click )

IF you have the overseer agent window open, the overseer assistant will automatically start converting the 'echo agents' into the lower level 2x agent rewards.

It will take 4-5s PER 'echo agent'

5. After you have converted your elites -> rares. Do the same with extra rares -> uncommon, etc.

6. After converting everything, you are set to run normal conversion quests common -> uncommon -> rare -> elites. You'll likely have HUNDREDS of quests to run.

What if I can't get to 5/5? I don't have enough agents.

I had 81 extras on the red account. When I highlight the agent line, it just blinks. I have no Retire button in the plugin window.

Here's what I discovered today. If you delete old UI files, Overseer works just great! (Compared one computer to another after Dewey mentioned a # button that I didn't have.)

Yes, plugin is working on MQ2. It's out of date in MQNext.

I've just updated both in our repository, so next mq2/mqnext update they will both be latest version.

Last edited: