Follow Me Button drives me nuts

Fayman

Reaction score
Heya, since a couple of updates Macroquest has 4 new buttons. They are in the middle of the group window with an usabilityfactor of -100. If they even would not disturb but choosing a toon will activate them and the typical button is "Follow ME". And this button does only one thing: all chars are on a standstill. Removing plugins like moveutils or melee does not clear it, stickbreak doesn't remove that. I have to kick the EQtasks...

Every feature should be in a way included that as a user I can activate or deactivate it. So I clicked again - that "unbuttons" the button but the function of "standstill" is still there. I cannot move ANY of the toons in a group. They make a short step and thats it. That is highly annyoing in MQ2Melee but with the option stickbreak=1 this is useful.

How do I get rid of these? Or how do I make a kind of "stickbreak" to that function?

Searched the forum but didn't found anything. That must be annoying to more than me or it is simply a bug out of any reason. One click killed the group now twice in a critical area.

Help appreciated.

---> Addon:
Found it:

/afollow does toggle it

BUT toggle it while other are untoggled makes the group go crazy - one half runs behind me, the other is in standstill mode.

Reason: If target is self then the thing goes crazy. That makes no sense. Stuck on the same button again while not targeting me but anybody else: toons are turning around... this is highly suspcicious and therefore not recommended to use in PoK or at GM-heavy areas. Meanwhile so many are using MQ2 in a manner that it is obvious they use it that I don't wonder if there will be a ban wave again. Some seem to automate a kind of "fade"-spell and hopp through PoK - we can wait that the GMs go crazy again...

Sooooo: How do I get rid of the buttons or how to move that somewhere with less disturbance factor. the usual MQ2moveutils-follow is much more useful at moment as long as this strange behavior is present and the button is placed so unconvinient.

ok.. solved a part now:

/afollow seems to be part of MQ2AdvPath.
rightmouse on /pm pops the manual for it.

Still no information about removing the buttons or make them go into a more usable place.

I found so far /play show for the GUI but no Info about the button removal or how to place it somewhere else. I assume some XML stuff. Perhaps with luck there is a "/command button off" for that.

lol.. answering my own posts...

ok, difference:

Crypt of Decay: strange behavior like above - clicking "follow me" freezes the group. Unfreeze done with /afollow off (task: Decay decreased).

Demiplane of Decay: clicking "follow me" a second time does "unfollow" and no freeze. This seems to relate to the zone, task or something.

Still working on the issue with replacing the buttons.

Those buttons are built into core as part of MQ2TargetInfo

/plugin mq2targetinfo unload

will remove the buttons and anything else associated with mq2targetinfo.

The following are additional commands related to this plugin

Code:
/groupinfo help
display help screen and current setting status
/groupinfo show/hide mimicme
will show or hide the mimicme button
/groupinfo show/hide distance
will show or hide the distance display
/groupinfo show/hide hot
will show or hide the hot button
/groupinfo show/hide followme
will show or hide the followme button
/groupinfo show/hide cometome
will show or hide the cometome button

Hope this information helps.

plugin is on , settings are on but for some reason does not show the buttons anymore, just recently happened