Multiple ConfirmationDialogBoxes

Wurzelsepp2

Premium Member
Reaction score
The ConfirmationDialogBox is that little UI-box that asks you if you want to accept a rez, or if you want to join a task, or if you are sure that you want to join a group, or asks you which version of the Feerrott you want to enter. Usually, you can use "/notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_YES_BUTTON leftmouseup" to use that box and accept that rez. Yai!

Has anyone ever run into the problem of the "ConfirmationDialogBox" becoming unresponsive? Seemingly randomly? It would just sit there ignoring any notify commands, thus forcing you to waste valuable energy to move your arm to the mouse, move the cursor to the YES button, and force the left mousebutton deep enough into the mouse to register as a click. TOO MUCH WORK!!!

I noticed that this unresponsiveness occurs as soon as two ConfirmationDialogBoxes have been opened at the same time. Once that happens, only relogging fixes it. (/reloadui might work too).

I'm guessing that once two boxes are open, the /notify command is sent to the wrong one, which might later be already hidden. Has anyone found a way around this? Is there a way to send a notification to *ALL* ConfirmationDialogBoxes?

The ConfirmationDialogBox is that little UI-box that asks you if you want to accept a rez, or if you want to join a task, or if you are sure that you want to join a group, or asks you which version of the Feerrott you want to enter. Usually, you can use "/notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_YES_BUTTON leftmouseup" to use that box and accept that rez. Yai!

Has anyone ever run into the problem of the "ConfirmationDialogBox" becoming unresponsive? Seemingly randomly? It would just sit there ignoring any notify commands, thus forcing you to waste valuable energy to move your arm to the mouse, move the cursor to the YES button, and force the left mousebutton deep enough into the mouse to register as a click. TOO MUCH WORK!!!

I noticed that this unresponsiveness occurs as soon as two ConfirmationDialogBoxes have been opened at the same time. Once that happens, only relogging fixes it. (/reloadui might work too).

I'm guessing that once two boxes are open, the /notify command is sent to the wrong one, which might later be already hidden. Has anyone found a way around this? Is there a way to send a notification to *ALL* ConfirmationDialogBoxes?

I've never been faced with a situation where the window is available twice. I suppose if you know what causes it to appear twice you could recreate the issue and attempt troubleshooting from there.

Things you may try is finding out how EQ addresses two instances of the window being on screen at any one time. Check to see if it becomes an array, or is giving a number value to the first/second instance of the window. IE:
/notify ConfirmationDialogBox1 CD_YES_BUTTON leftmouseup
or
/notify ConfirmationDialogBox[1] CD_YES_BUTTON leftmouseup

These are recommendations for you to try. I don't know that either option would work. You could also try to get a boolean value for either of those to verify they are shown as "open" ${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open} when presented with this issue as another way to verify you aren't trying to /notify a window that is no longer using the expected naming convention.

Has anyone ever run into the problem of the "ConfirmationDialogBox" becoming unresponsive? Seemingly randomly? It would just sit there ignoring any notify commands

I have noticed it happen during rough battles, where I'm trying to get characters battle rez'ed.

I have been unable to replicate in a controlled manor.

Is anyone else occasionally have EQ hang when zoning into their guild hall? ie pull up task manager - instance at 0% CPU usage. Never finishes zoning and must be killed via task manage.